Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2020, 02:10 PM

3,720 posts, read 1,420,840 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
The question should be would your personal life if reflected be taken as a negative by someone if it was seen during a business meeting?

I don't care who you've chosen to commit to that's an individuals choice. But as so many posters on these boards have reflected, commented on and rallied against alternate lifestyles would seeing that during a meeting affect their choices, I believe it just might.
What about off business?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2020, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
Is the example in the article your idea of offensive? The article does not present it in the way you are attempting to twist it, by saying it would be better for the business. It's telling people they are offending others by having wedding photos and thereby attempting to force correctness. That is social engineering by shame.
I'm in agreement. I think VA Yankee is twisting it here and he or she or they them finds or has offensive.

Old 05-22-2020, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
But the study didn't address same sex wedding photo's did it? They're not saying the notion of same sex marriage might be offensive to some, which could cost someone business, so be aware of what people are seeing on zoom.

They're saying heterosexual wedding photo's is pushing a bias and potentially alienating and harming people who aren't heterosexual, which is utter bull crap.

Why twist what they're saying?
I agree here. We caught VA here. I was thinking the same thing. That is why I mentioned what if someone had an LGBT marriage photo on the wall on a zoom chat. Would that be offensive to some? According to VA Yankee, answer would be no.

Thank God this pandemic is almost over. So now it's time to o get woke again. As for me? An LGBT marriage photo or straight marriage photo or interracial won't bother me at all. I love all people.

Old 05-22-2020, 02:42 PM

19,096 posts, read 16,937,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmarkblue View Post
What about off business?
As the article referenced by the OP applies to a business article I would have thought it was business. but think what you like because it has gone down a path that I never commented on or said, try looking at the context that a statement or a response was provided for. People out there follow trends like the article reflects on just as my real estate example point out or in education where they say don't use a red pen they all seem ridicules but there are people who are going by it....

Old 05-22-2020, 02:46 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,525,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Which anyone and everyone is welcome to ignore if they like. <shrug>

Lots of triggered folks in this thread, though.
Why is it when someone doesn't have a substantive argument, they accuse those holding an opposing viewpoint of being triggered?

I know it's a form of manipulation meant to silence people, but it's ineffective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Kool-Aid for everyone......
And here's another one.

Nothing substantive to say.

Old 05-22-2020, 02:50 PM

Quote:
I agree here. We caught VA here. I was thinking the same thing. That is why I mentioned what if someone had an LGBT marriage photo on the wall on a zoom chat. Would that be offensive to some? According to VA Yankee, answer would be no.

Thank God this pandemic is almost over. So now it's time to o get woke again. As for me? An LGBT marriage photo or straight marriage photo or interracial won't bother me at all. I love all people.
The problem is this. We have come so far in getting people to understand there is nothing shameful in homosexual relationships and marriage, which is a good thing.

So it is not okay to suggest there is anything to hide when it comes to heterosexual marriages and relationships.

It's like the whole trend of white males being a bad thing. If racism is wrong, it's wrong for all. If one's sexual preference is okay and to be accepted, it should be that way for all.

Pretending this is okay and that people are triggered is nonsense on both counts.

Old 05-22-2020, 03:05 PM

Quote:
The problem is this. We have come so far in getting people to understand there is nothing shameful in homosexual relationships and marriage, which is a good thing.

So it is not okay to suggest there is anything to hide when it comes to heterosexual marriages and relationships.

It's like the whole trend of white males being a bad thing. If racism is wrong, it's wrong for all. If one's sexual preference is okay and to be accepted, it should be that way for all.

Pretending this is okay and that people are triggered is nonsense on both counts.
White straight and male is all bad according to the blue church.

Old 05-22-2020, 03:14 PM

Quote:

Did you read Douglas muarry? Google white couples images. Google will make sure you see other couples. Google black couples and you will only see black couples. Google straight black couples and you will see black but also LGBT couples. Google straight couples and you owll see straight and LGBT couples. Google LGBT couples you will only see LGBT couples.

Old 05-22-2020, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Did you read Douglas muarry? Google white couples images. Google will make sure you see other couples. Google black couples and you will only see black couples. Google straight black couples and you will see black but also LGBT couples. Google straight couples and you owll see straight and LGBT couples. Google LGBT couples you will only see LGBT couples.
I don't know who Douglas Muarry is. Who is he?

I just did a search using the phrases you suggested and you're right. WTH is that about?? LOL, some kind of weird stuff going on but just one more reason not to use google.

Old 05-22-2020, 03:46 PM

Quote:
White straight and male is all bad according to the blue church.
Well, I'm a Dem, so I guess you'd put me in the blue church. I'm just not a very happy Dem and I'm certainly not liberal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies