Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2020, 10:50 AM

4,445 posts, read 1,449,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
I admitted from the get go he never said "white supremacists are very fine people." I made the inference based on context. Like when he was told that WS & NN organized the event, his reply was that SOME OF THEM WERE VERY BAD. Not ALL of them. SOME of them.

Now show me where Obama said "you didn't build your PRIVATE BUSINESS"... Don't bother. We already know he didn't say that, so for you to claim his intent would mean...

The difference between is I'm not a liar that needs to use two different standards to make my point. I'm consistent in how I look at things.
Eddie thinks he infers what Trump is thinking but fails to infer that businesses = private businesses. What other kind of business is there. professor?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2020, 11:37 AM

18,455 posts, read 7,087,596 times
Quote:
I admitted from the get go he never said "white supremacists are very fine people." I made the inference based on context. Like when he was told that WS & NN organized the event, his reply was that SOME OF THEM WERE VERY BAD. Not ALL of them. SOME of them.

Now show me where Obama said "you didn't build your PRIVATE BUSINESS"... Don't bother. We already know he didn't say that, so for you to claim his intent would mean...

The difference between is I'm not a liar that needs to use two different standards to make my point. I'm consistent in how I look at things.

You made the inference based on nothing more than your opinion. So saying that "you made the inference based on context" is complete BS . . . BECAUSE YOU DON'T KNOW THE CONTEXT

You have no idea what was in the hearts and minds of every single person there supporting the statues, so you have no idea if "all of them were very bad".

You just think that they were all bad people because no one could possibly disagree with your opinion that the statues should come down and still be a good person.

So as far as you're concerned, they're all white supremacists.

I never said Obama was talking exclusively about private businesses......that's your lame excuse for defending what HE ACTUALLY SAID.

I never said he wasn't talking about taxation.......I know he was talking about taxation and owing part of your success to the collective. BUT THAT'S JUST AS BAD.

But why would he be taking about public business that DON'T PAY TAXES in the first place BECAUSE THEY'RE FUNDED BY TAXATION ON CITIZENS AND PRIVATE BUSINESSES?

Obama was accusing business owners of not paying their fair share that in his opinion contributed to the success of private businesses.

Of course PUBLIC business "didn't build that".

They don't have to.......

Because public businesses eg the GOVERNMENT is the only "business" that can operate without a profit.

PRIVATE businesses succeed or fail on their own merit.

PUBLIC businesses are propped up by taxpayers.

Last edited by FatBob96; 05-25-2020 at 12:23 PM..

Old 05-25-2020, 11:49 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,111,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
Eddie thinks he infers what Trump is thinking but fails to infer that businesses = private businesses. What other kind of business is there. professor?
It's irrelevant bc businesses wasn't what he was referring to. "That" was all the public good and services the entire speech was based on.

Old 05-25-2020, 11:59 AM

18,455 posts, read 7,087,596 times
Quote:
It's irrelevant bc businesses wasn't what he was referring to. "That" was all the public good and services the entire speech was based on.

Lol .....

So who was the "you" in the statement "you didn't build that"?

Why would he be saying that to anyone BUT private businesses?

Why would he include public businesses such as the post office for example, in that statement when the fact that the post office exists only through taxation of the collective is something that is self evident?

Old 05-25-2020, 12:04 PM

2,304 posts, read 2,962,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
They couldn't find anything of substance to attack Obama, so they made up this story that he is Muslim and born in Kenya.

They couldn't explain all the government's intelligence reports with facts that contradict their talking points (like Russia interference), so they made up this fake deep state boogey man to explain why the facts is not facts.

The deep state also conveniently explains so many corrupt officials in Trump administration got indicted. See, it's not that the GOP is corrupt; it's because of this imaginary boogeyman called deep state working behind the scene to make Trump looks bad.

They embellish the whole Burisma thing because they couldn't find anything to attack Biden with.

After the Burisma fake scandal died with a collective yawn, they tried to attack Biden with get this: he's old and he doesn't speak well. You really think this bunch of Bush Jr. and Trump loving right-wingers care about a president who's old and talk like a drunk??

They couldn't find anything to paint Hillary, a never divorced devote Christian, as an immoral person; so they invented this pizzagate thing - a sex ring in the basement of a pizza parlor with no basement. Yes, it's stupid; but it's also desperation.

When it comes to Hillary, the right-wing hates her, but she is just a normal upstanding person; so they invented this list of people who she supposedly killed. This list includes people who died of cancer and other disease. Meaning, either Hillary is able to do what medical science cannot or the right-wing just has a mental need to believe in something bad about Hillary; no matter how stupid the story is.

And of course, the MSM keeps reporting mistakes, corruption, and scandals in the Trump administration; so that can be explained away with this fantasy that the MSM and the deep state is working together to ruin their morning news viewing. LOL. SMH.

Every time, I come across another right-wing lie; I chuckle. There is no better evidence that liberals are pinning the right-wing back to the wall than when they had to lie outrageously to cover their tracks. Like a parent catching a child's hand in the cookie jar and the child just insists the jar magically appears out of thin air and traps his hand. Few people likes to lie. And even fewer likes to tell such a ridiculous lie that he/she appears stupid. The fact that the right-wing has to scoop to this low, is evidence that they are being hit left and right by the fact-totting liberals.

I look forward to many many more stupid and outrageous lies from the right. Maybe the next one will actually be not dumb.

I think Trump's increasingly desperate flailings at the moment come from a deep down unease with being attacked for failing Covid responses, polls moving against him, fear of losing the election----all creating a desire to throw anything out there that may stick and deflect, Therefore insults increasing, plots and conspiracies against him germinating (Obamagate, Wuhan lab), enemies out there being created (BAD China).
And some of the right wing media is not fully in his corner.

So his fragile ego is being assaulted and he is getting desperate.

Old 05-26-2020, 08:09 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,231,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
And that's where grown ups stop reading because they know you are full of BS.

How'd you know what grown ups do???

Old 05-26-2020, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Is Covid-19 a problem on your planet?
Very much so. We have a pandemic and a president who called it a hoax.

Is Covid-19 a problem in your alternative facts universe?

Old 05-26-2020, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
So why do you guys keep misquoting him then?

If what he says is really that bad, why not let what Trump actually says stand on its own and let the people decide what they think of it?

Your example about the disinfectant above was poorly worded to be sure, but it's obvious to anyone with half a brain that he wasn't literally suggesting that anyone inject themselves with Lysol.

And no place in that quote did he say anything about drinking anything......much less bleach.

So why do you have to try to say that he told people to?

And Hillary and the DNC paid for the dossier.

Trump wasn't suggesting anyone inject themselves with disinfectant?? Then wise one, why don't you interpret it for us?

And before you attempt your right-wing spin, note that Trump already said he was just being sarcastic.

With that in mind, the podium is yours. Enlighten us on what Trump really meant.

Old 05-26-2020, 08:19 PM

4,021 posts, read 1,798,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
They couldn't find anything of substance to attack Obama, so they made up this story that he is Muslim and born in Kenya.

They couldn't explain all the government's intelligence reports with facts that contradict their talking points (like Russia interference), so they made up this fake deep state boogey man to explain why the facts is not facts.

The deep state also conveniently explains so many corrupt officials in Trump administration got indicted. See, it's not that the GOP is corrupt; it's because of this imaginary boogeyman called deep state working behind the scene to make Trump looks bad.

They embellish the whole Burisma thing because they couldn't find anything to attack Biden with.

After the Burisma fake scandal died with a collective yawn, they tried to attack Biden with get this: he's old and he doesn't speak well. You really think this bunch of Bush Jr. and Trump loving right-wingers care about a president who's old and talk like a drunk??

They couldn't find anything to paint Hillary, a never divorced devote Christian, as an immoral person; so they invented this pizzagate thing - a sex ring in the basement of a pizza parlor with no basement. Yes, it's stupid; but it's also desperation.

When it comes to Hillary, the right-wing hates her, but she is just a normal upstanding person; so they invented this list of people who she supposedly killed. This list includes people who died of cancer and other disease. Meaning, either Hillary is able to do what medical science cannot or the right-wing just has a mental need to believe in something bad about Hillary; no matter how stupid the story is.

And of course, the MSM keeps reporting mistakes, corruption, and scandals in the Trump administration; so that can be explained away with this fantasy that the MSM and the deep state is working together to ruin their morning news viewing. LOL. SMH.

Every time, I come across another right-wing lie; I chuckle. There is no better evidence that liberals are pinning the right-wing back to the wall than when they had to lie outrageously to cover their tracks. Like a parent catching a child's hand in the cookie jar and the child just insists the jar magically appears out of thin air and traps his hand. Few people likes to lie. And even fewer likes to tell such a ridiculous lie that he/she appears stupid. The fact that the right-wing has to scoop to this low, is evidence that they are being hit left and right by the fact-totting liberals.

I look forward to many many more stupid and outrageous lies from the right. Maybe the next one will actually be not dumb.

Wow dude....one of your worst ever.....were you drinking heavily when you posted this?

Pathetic. At best........

Old 05-26-2020, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
LOL now that's hilarious. Lying is what our friends on the left do best....honestly the reason they hate Trump as much as they do is because he's one of them. He was a life long Democrat who betrayed them by running against them and beating them using their own tactics against them.

Trump's treason against the DNC is the sin Democrats cannot forgive.

Even in the alternative facts world, this is a dumb premise. Was Trump some kind of liberal icon? No. So why would liberals care that Trump claimed he used to be a Democrat??

We don't hate Trump. We recognize he is only the figurehead of a group of life-long failures. We don't hate anybody, least of all the Failed Middle Class that Trump represents. What we do feel toward them is pity.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies