Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2020, 10:32 PM

11,120 posts, read 5,580,324 times

Advertisements

As I've said before, republicans have now shifted into defeatist mode. They know they're doomed after the next election, so they are throwing out a barrage of bitter accusations about mail-in voting, that don't happen and of course, have no documentation. Can anyone imagine the collective howl that will come from them, when Trump claims the election results are fraudulent, because tens of millions of illegal aliens have cast ballots?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2020, 10:33 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,872,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
We'd be interested to know why you can't participate in the process as intended. You get up, get dressed and go to the polling place. It's not hard.
I like to at home vote and mail it in. Arizona largely uses them in local races and bond votes rather than set up polling places. I happen to find it easier for any election. Plus, what happens when Arizona has issues with polling places on Election Day. This has happened several times and took down a Secretary of Elections due to botches in an election. I would have to make sure I can find a polling location that isn't a far drive compared to the one I have used. Vote by mail is much easier and I can read through the proposition votes with more scrutiny rather than knowing what a yes/no means at the polling place while there is a line behind me waiting for hours like I did. Serious Google Arizona polling places issues. This has existed for some time before the Covid-19 outbreak mind you.

Old 05-25-2020, 10:43 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,819,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
This is a naive look at mail-in ballots.

So much fraud could occur--and will. But the Democrats would love that--and it would be ever so convenient for them, wouldn't it.

It is not a good system for accuracy in voting. That is why it has never been a standard way for everyone to vote, over the course of history.

Accuracy is key--and mail-in ballots are just asking for folks to cheat the system, and get their candidate elected.
Just curious. Only Democrats could cheat with mail-in ballots? How do we know Republicans wouldn't cheat as well?
BTW: I've been voting by mail for decades. As far as I know, I've never cheated.

Old 05-25-2020, 10:46 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,819,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
This is a naive look at mail-in ballots.

So much fraud could occur--and will. But the Democrats would love that--and it would be ever so convenient for them, wouldn't it.

It is not a good system for accuracy in voting. That is why it has never been a standard way for everyone to vote, over the course of history.

Accuracy is key--and mail-in ballots are just asking for folks to cheat the system, and get their candidate elected.

So Republicans might cheat to get their candidate elected? Or only Democrats can do this?

(Asking for a friend.)

Old 05-25-2020, 11:02 PM

13,186 posts, read 7,268,921 times
Haven't voted in person in 15 years no need to and I can fill out my ballot over a few days while reviewing candidates online at home. Never understood how someone can be okay with mailing in their tax return but not okay with voting by mail? Should State just blindly mail out ballots I'm not sure if that really is a good idea maybe mail out notices one can register to vote by mail.

Old 05-25-2020, 11:37 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,444,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Mail in voting, on a national basis, means the end of this country. The potential for fraud is overwhelming.
You people have wild imaginations.

Old 05-26-2020, 12:35 AM

4,710 posts, read 7,096,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
As I've said before, republicans have now shifted into defeatist mode. They know they're doomed after the next election, so they are throwing out a barrage of bitter accusations about mail-in voting, that don't happen and of course, have no documentation. Can anyone imagine the collective howl that will come from them, when Trump claims the election results are fraudulent, because tens of millions of illegal aliens have cast ballots?
Exactly. Republicans are grasping for a way to cheat their way into power, and vote by mail threatens to actually allow all registered voters to vote. They know that if the percentage of citizens who votes goes up, they will lose. So they have to make baseless accusations about mail in ballots. Face it, Trump gave away the game. In a very rare incedent of telling the truth, he admitted that if everyone eligible voted, Republicans could never get into office again. He's right. It was a call to arms for Repubs to do ANYTHING to prevent people from voting, including thowing unsubstantiated claims of fraud. If they lose the Senate or the Presidency, you better believe they will call fraud, whether or not there is any truth to it.

Old 05-26-2020, 05:34 AM

28,354 posts, read 16,362,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
The vast majority of mail in ballots have been military and overseas residents.
There are five states that vote entirely by mail - Hawaii, California, Utah, Washington and Oregon.

I don't know how many vote by mail vs. choosing to go to a polling location and I don't care enough to find out. If deep red Utah can figure out how to vote by mail without have "them danged libruls" defrauding the election, I would bet other states can, too.

Old 05-26-2020, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Anytime there is evidence of voter fraud in liberal areas, it is swept under the rug and covered up.
That's why there's "NO proof", as you wrote.
Trump and Pence put together an entire committee to expose the "millions of illegal votes" that President Trump was so certain existed. You remember what happened there, right?

Old 05-26-2020, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Ahh, the party of "states' rights" at it again.
Right? All those strict Constitutionalists in the GOP....

Reps to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies