Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2020, 11:26 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,627,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
I wear it at work in addition to my mask when I have to be in close proximity with others because the kids I work with can't tolerate a mask. When you see the spit particles that land on the face shield just from their talking you are thankful for having one.

My wife wore one on a plane in addition to a mask. What is it going to hurt?
Good move. I’m not flying until they get control of this disease. Wish they would have a better system to clean the air on the plane. Seems like everytime I used to fly I would get sick for a few days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2020, 11:40 PM

95 posts, read 108,019 times
https://youtu.be/zXUtsft0Z74

Old 07-13-2020, 11:43 PM

5,479 posts, read 2,120,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
I’ll do whatever I can to prevent this horrible virus. If face shields are next, so be it. Seems like obese people are having a harder time with this virus. I’m not happy with the lackadaisical way the president and our governor in Florida are handling this whole thing.

Perhaps this mask would be a better fit?

https://cdn.thingiverse.com/renders/...w_featured.jpg

Old 07-14-2020, 01:29 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I think I'd rather wear a face shield than a mask. I can hardly breathe in the latter.
Different masks have different air resistance. Go shopping for another type than the one you have.

What's harder? Barely breathing or no breath at all?

Covid sufferers all say that they can't get any air just before they die.

I'm sure it is much worse than wearing a mask.

But that's me. Do what you want.

Old 07-14-2020, 06:49 AM

1,747 posts, read 879,903 times
I already wear a face shield instead of a mask because I simply can't breathe in a mask. Sinus issues makes it damn near impossible to wear one.

Old 07-14-2020, 06:59 AM

25,732 posts, read 18,809,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
What's next..... full body armor?
Probably more along the lines of armbands, boxcars, covid camps, and showers.

Old 07-14-2020, 07:11 AM

62,949 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Market Maven View Post
Everyone needs to wear a face mask, face shield, and goggles at all times to be safe. The virus can find its way into your car and home when you least suspect it. Punishment for not complying needs to be increased and include jail or prison. We must eradicate this dangerous virus that is wiping out the population.
Are you serious?

Old 07-14-2020, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Are you serious?
He/she probably is. That's what Covid Derangement Syndrome does to the thought process--fanaticism.

Of course, it's hard to tell these days because the post is so outlandish it could only be taken logically as satire. But there ARE people who really think like that. So, who knows.

Old 07-14-2020, 08:10 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
He/she probably is. That's what Covid Derangement Syndrome does to the thought process--fanaticism.

Of course, it's hard to tell these days because the post is so outlandish it could only be taken logically as satire. But there ARE people who really think like that. So, who knows.
Yet 130,000 people out of 135 MILLION die in the U.S., most were dying anyway and these people are in a full blown panic, largely caused by the Media and Democrats (same thing). They are treating it like Anthrax or the Plague.

Old 07-14-2020, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Yet 130,000 people out of 135 MILLION die in the U.S., most were dying anyway and these people are in a full blown panic, largely caused by the Media and Democrats (same thing). They are treating it like Anthrax or the Plague.
Yep. Exactly right. I often wonder what society would do if a disease as serious as the black death plague came along and we had no cure (as the people who dealt with it hundreds of years ago didn't). Would we get through it? I have my doubts. If a less than one percent mortality rate does what it has to our society and economy, imagine what a sixty percent mortality rate would do. I don't think society would make it through. We would simply "lock up" and if the disease didn't kill us, we would finish the job by killing each other. We are way too psychologically fragile to deal with something like bubonic plague rationally. A combination of the plague and psychological meltdown would have us on the brink of extinction in short order.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies