Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2020, 03:35 AM

18,453 posts, read 7,081,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Republicans have been walking away too. I predict not as many people will vote this November.

The virus is going to make this year a wild card.

Governors are going to set the tone and how they handle their own states is going to have a big effect on the national election.

Holding the lockdowns in place too long will be seen as a partisan move that displays a willingness to sacrifice the economy and people's livelihoods in order to help oust Trump.

On the other hand, if the virus persists through the summer heat, opening up too soon will be seen as reckless endangerment by some people.....

Others who believe that herd immunity was always the way to go will probably tend towards the first group.

Anything perceived as using the virus for political gain at the expense of the people is going to bring out the votes.

It's going to be a tricky situation for sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2020, 03:38 AM

16,543 posts, read 8,584,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
This man from Brooklyn walks away from the Dem party.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~
There is no way to know how many people leave their respective parties every year, but I can say that in my own family, we had two die hard lifelong Democrats that left. One intends on voting for Trump (even though she sees his flaws, the other says she will vote 3rd party.
Both left due to issues like illegal aliens being given XYZ, anti-police pro-minority stances, and a few other key issues that the (D) party of their dads no longer exemplifies. While one is socially liberal, she even thinks the D's have gone too far left. The other is more of a union type of D, but feels too much globalism has eroded the industries that gave Americans good jobs.
Thus Trumps nationalism appeals to her.

As to the person in your OP, we all know the majority of black voters will vote D again this year. However some suspect it will be less than before. The class warfare and racial division that the D's have thrived on in the past to secure black folks votes is not working as well as it use to.

`

Old 05-26-2020, 03:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
I am in a red state and lately I wear a Biden 2020 hat everywhere I go. I am pleasantly surprised that so many locals are supporting my view. Many have told me they voted for Trump but after seeing him in action are voting against him. There are many good working folks here who now realize they got the short end of the stick. i.e., billions to the rich, $1200 to working people.
I would not be a bit surprise if this red state goes blue.

Sure they have.....lol.

Old 05-26-2020, 03:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Biden called one of his potential voters a "dog faced pony soldier". That sounds even worse, but he has your support, correct?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayarea4 View Post
Yes, he does. That comment was a joke, a reference to an old John Wayne movie.

Someplace in the warped and deteriorated cobwebs of Creepy Joe's brain, that may have been an appropriate reference........

But it wasn't a joke.

Old 05-26-2020, 04:09 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,466,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Someplace in the warped and deteriorated cobwebs of Creepy Joe's brain, that may have been an appropriate reference........

But it wasn't a joke.
With the end of Burisma, Joe`s alleged quid pro quo and now Tara Reade all they have left is Jr. High antics like "Creepy Joe".

Old 05-26-2020, 04:27 AM

17,773 posts, read 13,665,953 times
This poor guy is just in the first steps of his transformation.

"Black" super predator lie. Check.

"Democrat plantation". Check.

"Media conspiracy". Check.

Other than that he came across as a temperamentally sound, well reasoned person who has seen the ugly side of liberalism/democrats. And that is understandable.

The next time we see him he will be ranting about "poverty pimps", "hood rats", "cucks" and "virtue signaling gun grabber, gas lighting snowflakes" and god knows what else... depending on how far down the right wing rabbit hole he goes.

Yes he's walking away alright but he's walking into something that ain't necessarily better.

Old 05-26-2020, 04:51 AM

11,767 posts, read 5,781,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Ha! For every like a Blank person gives one of those groups, there's 99 Republicans like you going wild and giving him keys to your parents house.
Ha - I'm a Democrat so the joke is on you! I vote for who will serve the country best - not by political affiliation or party line. Being registered a Democrat or Republican doesn't mean a lot except for those that vote party line and I think we have more independent thinkers out there now a days.

Old 05-26-2020, 05:04 AM

19,220 posts, read 17,075,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
This man from Brooklyn walks away from the Dem party.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~

https://www.facebook.com/RealWalkAwa...group_activity
Who cares....

Old 05-26-2020, 05:29 AM

23,844 posts, read 24,091,732 times
I've been watching "the left" dismiss these #WalkAway videos for years. YEARS. Often with some comment about how "many more" are leaving the right.

I've never seen a "WalkAway" video going the other direction. Never.

I've personally viewed hundreds, maybe thousands, of them going left to right. Not one going right to left. There's probably a few out there; there are a lot of people with cameras these days. But there's no organized, concerted effort which has gained any kind of traction whatsoever. I know this because it would be being trumpeted day and night by the alphabet networks and there would be regular threads here on it, just like they're here for the actual WalkAway campaign.

Dismiss these at your own peril, Trump haters. Each one is representative of more than just the person making it. I'll also remind you of the elections in Britain last year. If you don't understand why that's significant, you might want to dig into it a bit.

Old 05-26-2020, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
With the end of Burisma, Joe`s alleged quid pro quo and now Tara Reade all they have left is Jr. High antics like "Creepy Joe".

I doubt we've heard the end of any of that, not to mention his obviously declining mental state.

And Creepy Joe gave himself that moniker through his own behavior, easily seen on multiple occasions on video.

And if he'll act like that with the cameras rolling, imagine how he acts behind closed doors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies