Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2020, 06:43 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,545,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wikiwikirunner View Post
I guess every country in the world got together and decided to get in on this hoax!

What? The whole world got the flu?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2020, 06:45 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,303,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
There has to be more to this story. I know you’ll think I’m a conspiracy theorist, and that’s fine...if I’m wrong great. If your wrong, not so great.

Enjoy your day.
I don't think you're off base this time. You have one side trying to use it to serve their agenda, and the other side(s) doing exactly the same thing.

Joe Rogan had a good discussion about it with somebody (I can't recall who), but they said it best, it is a really tough spot for any politician. One one side, you are restricting the economy, and on the other, you run the risk of getting people sick and possibly dead. Whatever you do, it's not going to be the right mix for most people.

I think it is important that ALL people realize that your comment applies to all sides of the political spectrum. EVERYONE must challenge themselves to refrain from putting on blinders. If you are a Dem, you have to be able to see the pros and cons of what your 'side' is suggestion. If you are a Trump Supporter, you also have to do the same. There is a risk spectrum, and different people are all up and down that range of possibilities.

It's also important to realize that other people have different circumstances. I have to acknowledge that I can work from home, and am getting most of my paycheck (no bonuses, which has been a significant part of my pay, but I am still above 50% of what I made the last few years). Others who are completely out of work need to realize that the economy may be shut down for them, but it is not the same for everyone. What is right for one person is not going to be right for the next. It's very complicated.

Sometimes I feel like the extreme partisans on both sides can't see this point.

To summarize, I don't think you're way off base, OP, but I do hope you are fully aware that your POV is but one angle, and that there are many angle's to consider. Partisans on all sides seem to be mostly ignoring this point.

Old 05-26-2020, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsyguam View Post
The Democrats did it to screw up the economy and unemployment rate since they know it is very improbable to beat an incumbent President when those numbers are favorable. The racist Bill Mahar outlined this plan prematurely
The Democrat govs are trying to keep their states closed even longer to keep the economy down.

Torches and pitchforks. Tar and feathers. Guillotines.

Old 05-26-2020, 06:53 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,303,040 times
Quote:
The Republicans and Democrat establishment are full of swamp creatures that want to keep the status quo.

Trump and a few others are trying their best to drain the swamp. And yet you lefties out there hate his guts....”unbelievable”
You couldn't even stay on point for a second sentence. You say it's R's and D's, and in the very next sentence, you blame it on "Lefties". What about righties?

Yes, Trump is trying to break the status quo, I'll give him that. But to think he is trying to drain the swamp, or to improve things for the majority of Americans is where you are getting fooled. He is trying to break the status quo, the last little bit of anything that holds on to some level of "society", and he is trying to put in something far worse. And the people who have and will suffer the most are the middle and lower class, which is mostly his base.

How can you possibly think it's a good thing to give the ultra rich MORE tax and permenant breaks, while "allowing" the rest of us to "borrow" our own money in the form of an advance on our Tax Refund? And TEMPORARY at that. How can you possibly think that DEMANDING that the NC Governor puts 20K+ people in a room together, regardless of the conditions at the time, is a good thing for those in attendance (his supporters). Trump has said he wants a guarantee, no mention of "if it's safe and conditions allow it".

How can you not see that he is in it for him, and his base are just pawns to serve his agenda, which is not in any way in their actual self-interest?

Old 05-26-2020, 06:58 AM

3,730 posts, read 1,766,412 times
Quote:

You couldn't even stay on point for a second sentence. You say it's R's and D's, and in the very next sentence, you blame it on "Lefties". What about righties?
Sorry...I should have included Neocons as well...are you happy now!

Old 05-26-2020, 07:00 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
Torches and pitchforks. Tar and feathers. Guillotines.
Politicians and Bureaucrats WORK FOR US. Yet they believe just the opposite as if they are the New Royalty. A dose of reality needs to be given to them except they are very well insulate and very well protected.

Old 05-26-2020, 07:03 AM

2,203 posts, read 5,085,251 times
Quote:
The Republicans and Democrat establishment are full of swamp creatures that want to keep the status quo.

Trump and a few others are trying their best to drain the swamp. And yet you lefties out there hate his guts....”unbelievable”
Why have so many in Trump's administration been fired, or even worse, indicted, and convicted of crimes? Trump brought the swamp.
You're still using Trump's definition of "swamp".

Old 05-26-2020, 07:05 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsyguam View Post
We shut down the economy(on the deep state Dr Fauci orders) over a virus that has a 98% recovery rate.
Democrat govs have more strict orders, and its not about your health. Clearly not fake news.
Fauci is Trump's guy, and the rest of your post is fake news, as I stated before.

I know someone who drove from the West coast to down here in South Florida, and said this was the most locked down place he saw along the way. Even yesterday our beaches were still closed, and everyone has to wear a mask to enter stores. And yes, our governor is Republican. Ohio is one of the most locked down State in the nation and the governor is Republican. You have bought into the "democrat conspiracy" line, which was one of the points I made, and the more you post, the more you prove my point.

Old 05-26-2020, 07:08 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,390,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Politicians and Bureaucrats WORK FOR US. Yet they believe just the opposite as if they are the New Royalty. A dose of reality needs to be given to them except they are very well insulate and very well protected.
Well, these days they are free to weaponize the CIA, FBI, DOJ, IRS, etc. ever since president pen and phone rode into DC. Of course, he was just a symptom of the Marxist pathogen that had infected our country.

This is all WWIII without bombs(so far).

Old 05-26-2020, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post

For now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies