Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2020, 03:07 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,709,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
Oh Kay Karen.
Insults are the last resort of insecure people with a crumbling position trying to appear confident.

Old 05-29-2020, 03:09 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,212,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronricks View Post
The intent is why there is a 3rd degree charge and not a 1st or 2nd degree charge so that has already been covered by the people bringing the charges. The jury holds all the cards here. Juries often can and will do things that are inexplicable and don't make sense considering the facts of a case.
Well sure, of course the prosecutors have already considered intent. But the defense is going to want to ratchet down his level of intent even more.

I agree that juries can arrive at seemingly wild verdicts... but they still have to do so within the confines of the law.

Old 05-29-2020, 03:18 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,102,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Insults are the last resort of insecure people with a crumbling position trying to appear confident.
I like the sound of that. I don't agree with it but it's got a ring.

Old 05-29-2020, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronricks View Post
The intent is why there is a 3rd degree charge and not a 1st or 2nd degree charge so that has already been covered by the people bringing the charges. The jury holds all the cards here. Juries often can and will do things that are inexplicable and don't make sense considering the facts of a case.
The Federal Gov't has a stake in seeing hail brought to this rogue monster. His attorney will be wise to get him to plead out, however even then if he does the Feds can still charge him if I remember correctly.

Old 05-29-2020, 03:24 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
These ignorant animals are too impatient and impulsive to allow time for justice. Every. Single. Time.

They burn down their neighborhoods and hurt each other as we watch in horror on our TV’s and at the end of the day they have so successfully distracted from their so-called “cause” that people are saying “George who?”

Good job, folks.
We don't know who all of these protesters are or where they came from, but what I can tell you is that the video of the idiot breaking all the windows on Auto Zone's store was not a black dude, (because everyone knows what people on here are insinuating in their posts) and the way he was dressed, I highly suspect he's not from that neighborhood.

What you did see were people who clearly were from that neighborhood trying to stop him from destroying the store windows. One dude had a fricken pizza in his hands trying to stop him. You don't go to a protest with a pizza if you're not from the area. But you might happen upon someone vandalizing a store if you're walking home after picking up your pizza.

Do not blame all of the citizens in that city for what is going on.

Are some of them citizens of that city? Probably.

Are all of them citizens of that city? No way.

Old 05-29-2020, 03:37 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Well, at this point, I've lost hope that things will ever get better. Out right condemnation, whatever. I'm already at the point where I expect race relations to get worse. I expect more police brutality to take place. I expect more riots in the future. I have given up hope that things will get better.
Don't give up hope. I used to be the same way (mainly because of the Trayvon case) until they choked that guy out in NY over a cigarette. That's when my eyes started to open.

You may not like my opinions on all of the stories, because I do not believe all of the stories are straight up racism or cops acting like thugs - but, then we had the Amber lady, the cop who shot that guy in his own apartment. Then we had that guy slung around like a rag doll in the back of the van. Then we had Arbery. Then we had that EMS lady who was minding her own business in her home when the SWAT team arrived and shot her to death. Then we had this.

There are times when you simply cannot continue to discount that there is racism going on, and that we do have cops who act like out of control thugs, and we do have cover ups far too often. If a cover up happens even once, it's far too often.

There are times when it's time to stop deflecting from the story at hand by putting out stats from Chicago or Baltimore.

There are times to stop deflecting from the story by saying, "But what about white people killed by cops..." (You want that story out there? Then put it the hell out there and stop whining that people aren't talking about it. Spread it around and tell everyone if you want it out there. You don't need the media to spread it, you have social media. It can spread like wild fire in minutes. Stop waiting for someone else to share the story if you want people to rise up against it.)

There are times when you stop deflecting by going through the person's history as if that is an excuse to do what a cop did to that person at that point in time. The person may not be a stand up citizen, it still doesn't excuse a cop murdering them over something insignificant like "weed in their apartment" or "sold cigarettes without a license" or "was caught trespassing before" or whatever. Focus on the actual event.

I see that now, when I did not see it before, how very uncomfortable it makes some people to admit that we have thug cops, and sometimes those cops are racist pos, and sometimes those thug cops go overboard and end up killing someone who should never have been killed.

I do not even pretend to see everything, and I probably never will. But don't give up hope. Some people are seeing it now when they didn't see it before.

Old 05-29-2020, 03:39 PM

2,400 posts, read 754,961 times
National Guard deployed but growing frustrated by lack of orders or any decisions by our Democratic idiots in charge.

Old 05-29-2020, 03:49 PM

8,232 posts, read 3,492,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
Even though I mocked the protesters yesterday, now that they're attacking the police stations, I kind of don't blame them any more. The way police have been treating people really has been going downhill lately. Somehow, I'm glad the message reached the destination of where it should have to begin with.
At least they finally figured out the right targets.

Old 05-29-2020, 03:52 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
The criminal complaint.

8 minutes and 46 seconds. Almost 3 minutes after Mr Floyd stopped moving. One of the police officers checked Mr Floyd's wrist, didn't find a pulse, and still they stayed in position until the ambulance arrived.

cnn.com/2020/05/29/us/derek-chauvin-criminal-complaint-trnd/index.html

Old 05-29-2020, 03:52 PM

The rioting is an appropriate response to the crime imho.

this was a sworn officer and his accomplices who MURDERED an innocent man in broad daylight with impunity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies