Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2020, 03:08 AM

4,627 posts, read 3,394,411 times

Advertisements

Watching that gruesome, awful video makes me think of the lyrics to NWA's "F&ck Tha Police"

"Ice cube will swarm over any mother f-&*-er in a blue uniform."

Not advocating for violence against cops but when I watch the whole video I see nothing but a thug with a badge killing a man without justification.

Old 05-27-2020, 03:18 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,223,380 times
Eh, often times these perps are the cause of the problem. They resist and fight with officers prompting the physical response back from the officers.

I don’t blame the officer because often times the perp will claim to be hurt (or in this case not able to breathe) but are not. Letting them out of the hold will endanger the officer because we have seen how the perp can then turn around and overpower the officer.

Many here claim murder but unless you deal with violent criminals on a daily basis you don’t know how dangerous it is.

Old 05-27-2020, 03:20 AM

1,763 posts, read 2,047,091 times
if you see the full video, the guy even pissed himself

cops probably don't see much action day to day, so they are just itching to use excessive force and fire guns.

they could have handcuffed his wrists to his ankles instead of squashing his rib cage and neck simultaneously.

Old 05-27-2020, 03:26 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 2 days ago)

27,175 posts, read 13,455,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Firing those rogue cops is just the first step. I hope they face charges for manslaughter or murder. There was no reason for them to ignore his pleas.
It's a fairly sad video to watch, and for someone to plead that they can't reathe and the police to ignore it, shows a level of inhumanity and total lack of empathy and understanding.

The police are not judge and jury, and no one in their care is guilty of anything until a court has reached a decision based on any evidence, as well as a jury for more serious cases.

Thankfully a criminal investigation has now been started in relation to the officers actions, and they have already been sacked after the video was reviewed.

Old 05-27-2020, 03:34 AM

30,369 posts, read 19,156,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
This is not good, at all.

Yes, he was possibly under the influence and initially resisted arrest, but I cannot see any reason at all for that officer to continue to put his knee on the guy's throat as he struggled to breathe. Even bystanders were concerned.

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/minne...cation-brknews
Proving once again that resisting arrest and threatening police can be hazardous to your health.

Old 05-27-2020, 03:47 AM

17,795 posts, read 13,687,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballkick View Post
Next step should be the electric chair
Speaking of the electric chair.

Old 05-27-2020, 03:59 AM

4,627 posts, read 3,394,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Eh, often times these perps are the cause of the problem. They resist and fight with officers prompting the physical response back from the officers.

I don’t blame the officer because often times the perp will claim to be hurt (or in this case not able to breathe) but are not. Letting them out of the hold will endanger the officer because we have seen how the perp can then turn around and overpower the officer.

Many here claim murder but unless you deal with violent criminals on a daily basis you don’t know how dangerous it is.
I invite you to watch the entire video...the unarmed man is cuffed and on the ground. Slowly but surely the cop snuffs the life out of the guy.

You are right that we don't have a video of what preceded this but we do know the guy being arrested was unarmed, was cuffed on the ground with a total four police officers in the vicinity.

As another poster said above, police are not the judge and jury. You should not be allowed to snuff an unarmed person's life out just because they were initially resisting arrest.

Old 05-27-2020, 04:02 AM

1,510 posts, read 1,006,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Murder?

Why must people be so dramatic and inflammatory?
Read my previous post as to how this is not "murder", even if the LEO is found guilty of a criminal action.

Regardless, then throwing in how shooting a LEO under those circumstances is justified is absurd and totally irresponsible.
Had some fool attempted such, many innocent people could have been injured/killed.

`
I don't care what you think. You are allowed to use deadly force when you see a crime involving loss of life taking place -- that's the logical thing to do.

We need more people like those at Ruby Ridge to respond to law enforcement overreach. There is a time to shoot back.

Old 05-27-2020, 04:14 AM

3,563 posts, read 1,879,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
I’m pro-police but that was murder. You can’t put your knee on someone’s neck and just sit there. A cops jobs is to apprehend criminals and suspects, not torture them.

This is why you can’t depend on the government to protect you. They rather kill you.

This is as bad as the Freddie Gray killing.
Ditto on all; your posts I've seen often align with my thinking, and are always dead on imo.

I'm as pro law enforcement as is gets and as anti criminal lowlife as it is possible to be. But this case...makes police look bad and will garner sympathy for criminals in th bigger picture, since this...mental case of a cop chose to be cruel to a an already neutralized person. He had a partner with him...you cannot tell me the two of them (though the other cop looks about the size of a middle schooler, nonetheless) together couldn't wrangle this man into the cockadoodie car!*

Why just why. Why would a policeman keep a handcuffed guy in that restraint for that long...why. LIke I said in another post, it almost feels like some avant garde one act play one is watching, it looks that bizarre.

* from the film "Misery"

EDITED, I JUST READ a few posts back there were four, FOUR, NOT TWO...police there. FOUR.

And they couldn't GET HIM IN THE CAR??? OMFG.

Last edited by VexedAndSolitary; 05-27-2020 at 04:22 AM..

Old 05-27-2020, 04:18 AM

3,563 posts, read 1,879,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
I disagree with you often, but this is true. Why white people don't get more mad at police brutality is beyond me. It could happen to them.
I do and this case has me very upset. However, in many cases, the LEOs are justified, the criminal was at fault. Not in this case.

I ask this similar q, why aren't more black, respectable folks mad about ghetto thuglyfe folks/behaviors/violence and rap culture which reveres it and helped make it a popular thing, which causes them, the ordinary upstanding citizens, to be profiled/viewed as thugs/make them look bad in general?

If I were a respectable black person I'd loathe ghetto culture even more than I do as a white person. I loathe white trash just as much btw, and when I lived 3 yr in NC I was grossed out thinking I might be mistaken for a local.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies