Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2020, 04:46 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 5 days ago)

35,623 posts, read 17,953,728 times

Advertisements

Thanks for posting this! It's longer than the other, but still doesn't show what led up to the confrontation that ended in Floyd being on the ground with a knee on his neck. Up to the end of the video I don't see any attempt at all to resist, he's just in terrible pain and very impaired. I'd be very interested in seeing the missing piece of the puzzle - what happened after that YouTube video ends and before the near-death scene video.

Also, it's still not at all clear why police were called - it appears the man and woman who were in the car with him weren't charged? I didn't see them handcuffed.

Old 05-27-2020, 04:46 PM

25,569 posts, read 17,275,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
CBS has a new video. He did not fight them at all. He walked with them and fell down. Then 3 officers jumped on him.
Maybe you could show it to us.

Old 05-27-2020, 04:47 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 5 days ago)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
CBS has a new video. He did not fight them at all. He walked with them and fell down. Then 3 officers jumped on him.
Do you have a way to link it?

Old 05-27-2020, 05:00 PM

I haven't seen the police chief, Medaria Arradondo, address the public. I wonder why not.

Has anyone seen her make a statement?

Old 05-27-2020, 05:01 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times
Getting really sick of the cop out "play stupid games, win stupid prizes", because it doesn't fit in just about every incident that this is used on.

If this man was resisting, they had more than one officer to take him down and get him into cuffs. Put your GD knee on his back, not his f-en neck!

You do not kill someone for alleged forging, or for the assumption that he's under the influence. You don't kill someone even if you know they forged and/or are under the influence. That is not a death sentence.

Stop making excuses for BS corrupt cops.

Old 05-27-2020, 05:02 PM

14,226 posts, read 4,590,273 times
I am a cop and i usually support cops..

But this George Floyd incident does not look good for the cops involved because George was already in handcuffs and was begging that he could not breathe.

Old 05-27-2020, 05:26 PM

28,666 posts, read 18,779,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Can we neuter the public at the same time about being the judge, jury, and executor?

Who is out there to protect the employee, any employee for that matter, when mob rule decides they know better and will do the action?

There is the key point, what decides that they are a bad cop? Mob rule? Social media? Or a court of law?

When does a court of law get to do so? Can you cite a case where good cops by their own initiative have turned a bad cop over to a court of law? I'm sure it must have happened...maybe.

It has happened more often even in the military. I can cite three cases off the top of my head where without a soldier blowing the whistle, crimes would have gone unknown, much less unpunished. What goes in Vietnam or Afghanistan or Iraq hasn't always stayed in Vietnam, Afghanistan, and Iraq.

But where is the case among American police forces?

"Internal Affairs" are always the bad guys in the movies.

Old 05-27-2020, 05:53 PM

19,718 posts, read 10,118,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Maybe you could show it to us.
It was on the nightly news.

Old 05-27-2020, 06:04 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,623,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Just do as the officer asks and give him what he asks for.
It's not hard.
Man...this^^^ is one thing I am really sick of hearing from people when it comes to cops. I have been in situations where cops have ordered me to do something they had no call to even ask for let alone order me to do and I told them to pound sand.

This belief that cops are to be unquestionably obeyed in every situation is total BS. That uniform badge and utility belt full of lethal and non lethal....negotiating aids...does NOT give them total blanket and absolute authority over all citizens at all times.

Patriot Act be damned.

Old 05-27-2020, 06:17 PM

16,579 posts, read 8,600,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
One things folks have to understand in America is that cops are big on torture and revenge.
Wrong

That is a sweeping generalization impugning most LEO's for the actions of a small minority.
There are just over 1 millions LEO's in America, and if your comment was generally reflective of a majority (even 51%), tens of thousands would be dying, and the public collectively would never stand for it.

Quote:
We see it all the time. Resist, talk, run, move, etc. and they’re going to yell at you, punch you in the face, tackle, knee, strangle, tase, pepper spray, sic a dog on you, tear gas you, etc.
You are actually describing the procedures most LE are taught to use to gain control of the situation, in a tritrated system of escalation.
For example if I give you a verbal command and you comply, I have used a verbal technique which worked to serve the goal.
If you resist, I do not resort to lethal force, but instead use the next elevated method to get you to comply.

But by your comment, you seem to think most people (including hardened street wise criminals) will be compliant.
The reality is the opposite, but we will get to that later.

Quote:
especially if you look broke or poor. It’s extrajudicial police brutality.
There might be some validity to your comment, but must be taken within context. If you give a verbal command to an educated and wealthy person(regardless of race, creed, religion, gender, etc.), they might physically resist, but most will not.
Instead they might be snooty and verbally threaten to ruin your career, but they are by and large physically harmless.
Conversely take a poor street smart urchin who has had trouble with the law before, and they will resit in a much different fashion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
I’m pro cop but if you can’t handle a suspect without police brutality, you don’t need to be a cop. And if only bad people want to be cops, the the police department needs to improve their vetting process.
So you claim.
Your previous post seemed reasoned, but now I seriously question the varsity of your last posts sincerity.

While I will not impugn all of modern black culture, but many of the young kids ( especially the boys ) need to understand that disrespect toward LE can have negative results, regardless of what color you are. That goes double for those in high crime areas where the LEO's are on high alert, vs. those who patrol Beverly Hills.

`
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies