Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2020, 10:31 PM

10,018 posts, read 8,621,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
OMG...

Just saw on twitter a video where a disabled old lady in a wheelchair getting beaten senseless by heroic looters..wtf is wrong with people?

" Have you ever seen such cruelty ? "

Blazing Saddles

Old 05-27-2020, 10:50 PM

5,321 posts, read 6,098,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
OMG...

Just saw on twitter a video where a disabled old lady in a wheelchair getting beaten senseless by heroic looters..wtf is wrong with people?
She was trying to stab people

If you’re in a wheelchair not smart to risk your life to try to save a target store

Old 05-27-2020, 10:56 PM

4,541 posts, read 3,741,311 times
I hope something comes out of this. Most likely not.

But the people In Minneapolis need to do whatever they can to protest this racist and terrible human behavior.

Old 05-27-2020, 11:11 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
All cops aren't like this. They need to hold bad cops accountable - they can't be above the law or they can be more dangerous with the uniform and the system protecting them than the thug on the street. There's nothing on the books that says cops are above the law. It's just a failure of our justice system in practice to enforce the laws when it comes to police. No wonder some of them become arrogant and abusive, or worse - there are no consequences. It's basically a corrupt system that chooses to look the other way when cops commit crimes.
Oh well, like its always said, the actions of a few bad apples, end up hurting everyone in the long run!

If cops have to give up some of their authority due to this...so be it.

Whatever happens, police need to loose some of their authority! This would resolve the problem across the board.

Old 05-27-2020, 11:18 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Just saw a clip of the store owner being interviewed on Twitter:

News anchor: Did the employees see Floyd as he was being handcuffed?

Store owner: Yes

News anchor: Did Floyd resist arrest in any way?

Store owner: No he did not.

The cops involved (that have since been fired) claimed Floyd resisted.
At this point, anyone who still tries to justify Floyd's death, well, they aren't worth talking to. It's a waste. I see like this. Since no one can really justify Floyd being treated like that, said persons will bring up other things not pertinent to the situation. What happened to Floyd was murder, straight up. It was murder and the officer that did that needs to be thrown in prison for life, like anyone else who commits murder. Why that officer felt justified in doing it, well, said officer is a sociopath in my book.

Old 05-27-2020, 11:19 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,426,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
At this point, anyone who still tries to justify Floyd's death, well, they aren't worth talking to. It's a waste. I see like this. Since no one can really justify Floyd being treated like that, said persons will bring up other things not pertinent to the situation. What happened to Floyd was murder, straight up. It was murder and the officer that did that needs to be thrown in prison for life, like anyone else who commits murder. Why that officer felt justified in doing it, well, said officer is a sociopath in my book.
I agree. Bad cop. Bad murderous cop.

Old 05-27-2020, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
the murder should be what makes you angry. you all want riots to stop, STOP SUPPORTING THE POLICE KILLING AND BRUTALIZING PEOPLE. THE LOOTING IS A REACTION, BE MAD ABOUT THE ACTION.
Right. Angry about the killing of a man, therefore steal from people.

Old 05-27-2020, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
I don't support looting but how in the he$$ do you get society's attention? This has happened so often before and I don't remember the cops ever being convicted and held accountable. The cop that shot Philando Castile in neighboring St Anthony MN was acquitted on all counts. The grand jury declined to indict the cop that killed Michael Brown in Missouri.
Those two cases are not anywhere near being the same. Phil Castile was shot by a panicking cop who should have been prosecuted. Michael Brown attacked a police officer and tried to take his gun.

Old 05-27-2020, 11:30 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
I agree. Bad cop. Bad murderous cop.
Well, that is a start. What gets me are individuals who bring up impertinent crap to deflect from what happened. No one should be fearing the police. And yet, this is what is currently happening. What angers many people is the chance of said officer getting away with it. Firing isn't enough.

Old 05-27-2020, 11:31 PM

19,824 posts, read 12,086,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
She was trying to stab people

If you’re in a wheelchair not smart to risk your life to try to save a target store

https://mobile.twitter.com/poetickae...60355781275649
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies