Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2020, 07:21 AM

5,067 posts, read 1,666,126 times

Advertisements

nothing says peaceful protest like burning your own city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
I'm half expecting CNN to report this as ""Far-right extremists defy lockdown orders".

Yes even though according to the videos its mostly plantation voters.

Old 05-28-2020, 07:25 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,622,948 times
Resisting Arrest??? Where? Start at the 0:40 second mark

Video doesn't lie like Thugs/Cops do

Old 05-28-2020, 07:28 AM

3,563 posts, read 1,879,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
Since this story has taken a hard racial angle, here's a reminder that cops behave badly towards whites in their custody.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/tony-ti...-man-who-died/

Now with the riots, people's sympathy for George Floyd will be distracted and make change a bit harder. Same thing happened 28 years ago with the L.A. Riots. Many people were outraged at the beating of Rodney King and the acquittal of the officers who beat him, but the ensuing riots, which included the savage beating of Reginald Denny, siphoned away much of that sympathy.
OMG that case is almost exactly like this one...the cops were not convicted of anything in that case...despite the medical examiner ruling the death a homicide...wtf!!

I have never heard of that case! Did the media not run with it because the criminal was white? I wonder. The two cases are SO SIMILAR with the exception of the person's race, it'll be interesting to contrast the two. No riots in the first case, cops got away with it, no punishment...not vast media coverage. Versus, let's see what happens in the Floyd case.

And I agree with those saying the riots and especially, the LOOTING, distracts and takes away from the horror of what was done. Idiots!

Old 05-28-2020, 07:29 AM

3,288 posts, read 2,358,240 times
First off, the police was completely wrong in this case. While I believe that some of these victims bring this on themselves by resisting arrest, in this case, they had him down and things were under control. That cop should be charged for murder. He had no regard for the crook.

That said, these angry people, who every reason to be angry, are completely out of control and should all be put in jail too. What the hell do they think is going to happen when they are smashing police car windows, throwing rocks at the cops, screaming insults at them from a few feet away? Of course, these lowlifes have to use this crisis to torch an Autozone store, loot target and cause damage. Guess what? That’s it. You are even Steven. One guy lost his life. In return, you got a free bar of soap, destroyed a man’s business (along with all of his employees losing their jobs), caused other business owners financial loss by destroying their property. Good thing I am not a cop. I would have probably shot all of them. Animals like this and that is what they are, deserve nothing.

Trump already said he is rushing an investigation on this And many of them knew that but they have to say that they don’t believe him. Well, too bad. We are a nation of laws. A cop breaking the law, which did not even happen, though he used very poor judgement, does not give anyone a license to do what these people are doing. As I watched the Facebook live feed the other night, I watched as this girl recorded it. What a bunch of trash that was out there. I would never be out there, as outraged as I would be, in my town. I have the sense to know that nothing good is going to come of me standing in the rain at 1 am, cursing at the cops, throwing rocks at them. They accomplished nothing other than to show that they have no regard of the laws of their city. They have to hide behind the cops’ actions to commit actions nearly as bad. To me, it makes me lose any sympathy I had toward these people. This is no different than the LA riots in the 90s. Same type of people who are so outraged, they just HAvE to go loot a store. I guess we won’t see those same people out there tonight because they were made whole by committing a crime in return. Way to go Minneapolis. Prince is turning in his grave over your actions. He wouldn’t be out there. He would be home writing a song about it and not robbing Target.

That said, I feel terrible for the victim, whether he broke the law or not. I do not feel bad for any of those people who were out protesting. Maybe the police overreact because they have to deal with people like this on a daily basis.

Old 05-28-2020, 07:30 AM

57,269 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It's not edited. Claiming inconvenient things are fake news, biased and/or conspiracies is the standard reply from certain factions. Typically such claims are utilized to defend Trump, but it seems it goes for other things too.
Madison must be a film expert.

Condemning this action should be a slam dunk for anyone but here are the conspiracies coming out of the woodwork.

Last edited by Goodnight; 05-28-2020 at 07:43 AM..

Old 05-28-2020, 07:48 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,087,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Sadly, they’re stealing and looting from all of us.

Stores increase their prices to recover the lost profit of stolen goods. And considering there’s an autozone burned to the ground and Target looted to hell, we can expect price increases.

Oh and everyone who worked at those businesses has just lost their job. Target can’t open with a looted store and the Autozone is torched.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Wow, nothing like helping the community than destroying the jobs and businesses in it.

Progressives complain that there’s no fancy Trader Joe’s, Costco, or Whole Foods in these communities, leading to “no food options” and unhealthy people susceptible to COVID-19 but just look at how we treat our Target.

Turns out fancy businesses aren’t racist, they just prefer not to be looted after every protest.

None of these stores should open back up there. Let the yuppy cu(ks with their hipster trash be left to suffer through the environment they created.

Maybe this is a blessing for some of these larger retailers like Target - maybe they can get the h--- out of there now without being branded "RACIST".

Old 05-28-2020, 07:52 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,987,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zach_33 View Post
I appreciate law enforcement, a lot, but this particular story is very sad. Can't we attract more intelligent people into the trade? Might bump up taxes a few mills, but it would be money well spent.
See what I said on the previous page.

Can we attract more intelligent people into the trade ........ when social media goes around crucifying them constantly?

Old 05-28-2020, 07:58 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 6 days ago)

35,626 posts, read 17,961,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
The guy was told to get in the car while he was being chocked.

He begged them to let him go so he could get in, but they didn't.
Where have you seen that? I haven't seen the video that's apparently out there, of the moment it went from leading him to the car, and him being on the concrete with knees on his back.

Old 05-28-2020, 08:00 AM

2,400 posts, read 754,790 times
I have to agree these cops need the book thrown at them to the full extent of the law. But the Mayor should resign and the Chief of Police as well. This problem has been in Minneapolis for a long time and they have done nothing to improve things.

Question, why is it that the cops are so violent and corrupt in these progressive cities? Because the leaders SAY one thing but direct their cops to DO something different?

Old 05-28-2020, 08:03 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,087,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoMan View Post
I have to agree these cops need the book thrown at them to the full extent of the law. But the Mayor should resign and the Chief of Police as well. This problem has been in Minneapolis for a long time and they have done nothing to improve things.

Question, why is it that the cops are so violent and corrupt in these progressive cities? Because the leaders SAY one thing but direct their cops to DO something different?
Who knows...who cares. "Mayor" Frey is a fake - he is not a Minnesotan. He started some "gay" marathon to build up his name in a very gay city, then ran for office and got Mayorship. He is scum, in my opinion. A complete fake and non-Minnesotan who I detest more than you can imagine. He is a cheap actor, who doesn't know much about politics at all. The scary part: he will probably be governor next, and then probably Senator or President, God help us...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies