Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2020, 03:33 PM

18,461 posts, read 7,089,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Not a chance.

I also do not do business with people who do not require customers to wear masks.

That's most likely a corporate decision, not something that's decided on a store level by employees or the store manager.

My wife works in retail, and she wishes that Corporate would mandate that customers wear masks while in the store.

They don't.

Apparently they're afraid it will effect profits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2020, 03:34 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
I only get groceries, so I don't really have a choice. I'm more comfortable when employees and customers wear masks, but if I have no choice and see people without them, I just make sure I'm in and out as quickly as possible.

Old 05-26-2020, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
Don't like don't shop there......

Did you by chance miss the part where I said I walked out?

Old 05-26-2020, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyVW55 View Post
https://smartairfilters.com/en/blog/...s-coronavirus/

This is an interesting read. It does provide some protection.

I like it

I've always said that parroting the "masks are to protect other people, not you" line is counterproductive.

While it may have a lot of basis in truth, it ignores man's basic selfishness.

If you expect people to wear mask, they have to.have a sense that it protects them to some degree as the wearer too.

The problem is that it can be, at least in part.....a false sense of security.

Old 05-26-2020, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
That is a great article, thank you.

People need to remember, infected people aren't breathing out plain ol' tiny viruses that proceed to float around all alone in the air. The viruses are in a person's saliva, droplets, and the moisture of breath. Masks help to catch some of those droplets and moisture, and to reduce the distance that escaping droplets can travel. That is why masks are better at protecting others, although they do provide some risk reduction to the wearer as well.

Think of a window screen. Despite how loosely woven they are, they still catch a lot of dust and debris.

Any barrier is obviously better than no barrier when it comes to mitigating the spread
of a contagious disease, which is why I appreciate and support businesses with mask requirements right now. Our country is just now opening back up. Opening up with safeguards seems like the only safe, wise way for businesses to reopen.

I tell people to think of it like a border wall.

Just because it's not ever going to be 100% effective doesn't mean that it's not worthwhile.

Old 05-26-2020, 04:19 PM

6,472 posts, read 6,678,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post

Just because it's not ever going to be 100% effective doesn't mean that it's not worthwhile.
Maybe that will resonate with Trump supporters!

Old 05-26-2020, 04:44 PM

2,361 posts, read 2,537,652 times
Quote:
As things stand right now, on May 26th, 2020.

With things just starting to open back up......

Would you feel comfortable about walking into a store who's employees aren't wearing masks?

I just tried to get some swimming pool supplies in the store I've been frequenting for a few years now..

Walked in and had to wait for a particular salesman to ask about a problem I was having.

Store is maybe 1800 square feet with approximately 5 employees.

While I was waiting, more customers came in...... probably 6 customers plus me making a total of 12 people in the store........ nobody wearing a mask but me.

Due to my age and some physical conditions, I'm a high risk individual.

Didn't feel comfortable, so I walked out.

Now, I realize that many stores have made the decision not to require customers to wear a mask....

But I think at this point, store employees should be wearing them.

What say you?
Agree totally. Whatever the reason, it’s not justifiable.

Old 05-26-2020, 05:20 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times
Quote:
As things stand right now, on May 26th, 2020.

What say you?
Yes.

Old 05-26-2020, 05:22 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,727,332 times
Quote:
Did you by chance miss the part where I said I walked out?
so whats the problem? You want to force stores to comply to your wishes? Or punish them in some fashion?

Old 05-26-2020, 05:48 PM

50,290 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:

Leftist logic gun laws apply too. If just one life could, maybe, might, perhaps, crystal ball crap where we need to force the entire Country to endure endless controlling, gun laws, fees and other useless legislation because "Do it for the babies", while on the other leftist channel, my body my choice, right? You get to control who lives and dies. Wow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies