Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2020, 07:33 AM

21,474 posts, read 10,575,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
She was infringing on his rights. Its perfectly normal for a person in his position to tell someone in a civil tone what the rules are. He just got the uppity black treatment from her. How dare a black man tell her what the rules are.
Did you see the part where he himself posted that prior to filming he threatened her?

Me: I’ll do what I want, but you’re not going to like it. And I pulled out the treats I keep in my pocket for just such intransigence.

Sounds like a threat to me. If I were in a secluded corner of the park and a guy came out and started saying stuff like that I’d feel threatened.

There are millions of dogs in that city and I bet the dog runs are extremely crowded. She said she wanted to exercise her dog, but down there was dangerous. I don’t know what she meant - dangerous because dogs can attack her or her dog? Or dangerous because it was crowded and she didn’t feel safe around so many people? I don’t know, but I could understand either feeling. It’s not like it’s a pit bull that could be dangerous to people. It seemed like a friendly enough dog.

My thing is how many people get in arguments in the park? Even get police involved? It happens every day, and everywhere. Why are people so upset at this person that they threatened her work and got her fired in this economy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2020, 07:38 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,089,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSox 15 View Post
I can't speak for other metro areas but in the northeast you call someone out. You don't just sit around with your tail between your legs and talk in your head about how bad that person is. Two adults, presumably both can read - look at the signs posted in plain view.

The conversation should have gone:
- Ma'am your dog is supposed to be on a leash
- I'm sorry, I was just letting him get some exercise but I'll leash him/her up now

But she had to make sure everyone knew the rules were not for her even though they were clearly posted for EVERYONE to see. I don't care what the man carried around and I don't care what his actions were, the bottom line is that if that dog were on the leash AS REQUIRED, nobody would even be having this conversation.

Look, I find race baiting despicable and not everything is done out of racism. But the same people defending this woman's actions are the same people who will be the first to say "well what did that man do before he was suffocated by the police?" It's what this lady did/didn't do that started this whole incident. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

I'm from the Northeast originally.

Minding your own business is a highly valued social trait there, because "calling someone out" is not without certain risks.

And I'm not defending her actions so much as I'm condemning his.

I could see maybe if she had a pitbull or something, but that little mutt wasn't hurting a flea.

He was being a busybody at best.....and the fact that he tried to lure the dog away with dog treats definitely implies planning ahead for the situation with ulterior motives.

Old 05-27-2020, 07:39 AM

21,474 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
This kind of crap plays out all the time. It's not about white or black. He asked her to keep her dog on a leash. When she refused, he started video recording her. That pissed her off. First she got in his face and told him to stop recording. He told her to back off (so much for being threatening) and went on recording. She called the cops and made up a story about an African-American (why did she have to throw that in there?) man threatening her.

So the answer to your question is, yes she would still be seen as a crazy b**tch if they were both white, but we wouldn't be reading about it in the national news.
Considering she got canceled and fired and her dog taken away from her, her wish not to be filmed seems pretty understandable to me. Funny how we only see what the guy wants us to see and none of his actions that got her riled up.

I guess the danger of the pandemic is well over if we are back to this idiocy.

Old 05-27-2020, 07:40 AM

12,962 posts, read 13,676,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
How in the world was having that harmless little dog unleashed "infringing on his rights"?

He was acting like a Karen.
He has a right to view ground dwelling birds in that area. They stay away when dogs are present.

Old 05-27-2020, 07:41 AM

12,962 posts, read 13,676,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
LOL Your reaction would be the exact opposite if it was a white lady bird watcher telling a black male dog walker "in a civil tone" what the rules are. You be calling her "Birdwatcher Becky".
but that didn't happen did it

Old 05-27-2020, 07:41 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,102,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Did you see the part where he himself posted that prior to filming he threatened her?

Me: I’ll do what I want, but you’re not going to like it. And I pulled out the treats I keep in my pocket for just such intransigence.

Sounds like a threat to me. If I were in a secluded corner of the park and a guy came out and started saying stuff like that I’d feel threatened.

There are millions of dogs in that city and I bet the dog runs are extremely crowded. She said she wanted to exercise her dog, but down there was dangerous. I don’t know what she meant - dangerous because dogs can attack her or her dog? Or dangerous because it was crowded and she didn’t feel safe around so many people? I don’t know, but I could understand either feeling. It’s not like it’s a pit bull that could be dangerous to people. It seemed like a friendly enough dog.

My thing is how many people get in arguments in the park? Even get police involved? It happens every day, and everywhere. Why are people so upset at this person that they threatened her work and got her fired in this economy?
SHE got herself fired.

Old 05-27-2020, 07:42 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I mistrust and hate everyone regardless of color so that's always something to consider when crossing my path.
That sounds like a sad way to live.
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post

I would think the treats would be for rambunctious dogs. You know, make friends with the enemy before they rip your head off.

Or perhaps he's so tired of people letting their dogs run rampant while he's trying to watch birds he figured it would come to this and wanted to have the treats to corral a Fido and detain him until the flatfoots arrived.

Whatever the case I don't know how anyone can find fault with him. This chick was out of her mind.

And her getting fired isn't such a big deal. She can probably get a job with Minneapolis police now.
Bank tellers in my area keep dog treats at the drive thru window.
My regular UPS driver keeps them and gets out to give treats to my dogs if they are out.
Maybe the guy likes dogs, encounters them often while birdwatching so carries them because he is a nice guy.
He probably wanted to rescue the dog from that awful grip she had on its collar.

Old 05-27-2020, 07:43 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,102,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
I'm from the Northeast originally.

Minding your own business is a highly valued social trait there, because "calling someone out" is not without certain risks.

And I'm not defending her actions so much as I'm condemning his.

I could see maybe if she had a pitbull or something, but that little mutt wasn't hurting a flea.

He was being a busybody at best.....and the fact that he tried to lure the dog away with dog treats definitely implies planning ahead for the situation with ulterior motives.
Unreal. She attempted to exploit the target on a black mans back and you blame him...just perfect.

Old 05-27-2020, 07:43 AM

7,922 posts, read 3,462,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
SHE got herself fired.
At the very least you can say that being a leftist SJW type she got held to her own standards.

Old 05-27-2020, 07:44 AM

3,771 posts, read 1,524,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinnerd View Post
The issue is that she overreacted to the situation in general. Note that she approached him, if she were truly concerned about being 'attacked' then that was not at all a smart move. From what I can ascertain from the video, he never made a move to approach her, quite the opposite. Then for her to emphasize that he was a 'black man', what is that all about? That said, the guy was being a jerk, a Karen, and definitely didn't help the situation.

While we can appreciate that women often find themselves in a vulnerable situation, let's not pretend that reality provides a blank check justification for any level of response regardless of the reality of the situation.
exactly, she moved towards him and he told her to step back. if she truly felt like she was in danger, there is no way she would have approached him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies