Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2020, 07:55 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Nope. That's not the point.

I dont like either of these people.

She seems to be a straight up entitled beyotch.

She's also an irresponsible dog owner.

He has appointed himself the vigilante enforcer of the dog leash laws in the Ramble.

His dog treat schtick to get dog owners to leash their dogs is straight up passive aggressive.

Her introduction of racism/racist threats to him is despicable. But, lets face it if she had calmly called 911 and said a man was harassing her and she wanted police to come out they would/should have asked for a description and black would have been part of the description.

They are both aggressive entitled NY'ers albeit in their own unique way. Their encounter was a common NYC and surrounding area flashpoint of what I call too many people competing for too few resources.

She should have had her dog on a leash.

If he was bothered by her failure to follow the rules, he should have called the appropriate authority to deal with her after asking her once to leash the dog.

Telling her she wont like what happens is an escalation and unnecessary.
All this he shoulda and he shouldn'ta is taking the focus off of her and putting it on him, which is b.s. He has a right to ask someone politely to leash the dog so stop acting like that request was a problem.

He did nothing wrong. It's no crime to ask someone politely to put their dog on a leash. When she got cocky and rude is when he said what he did and took out a dog treat. SHE escalated it. You folks are acting like he did something egregious when he didn't. SHE did.

And I don't buy for one second that she felt threatened by what he said. She didn't leash her dog and leave. She raced up to him with her jaws flapping and then kicked into full drama mode.

You can't gloss over what her intention was, whether the emergency operator would have asked for a description or not. She had an agenda because nobody is going to tell her what to do. (She's Canadian, by the way, not a New Yorker.) And she was playing the 'I feel threatened by a black male' race card. That's horrendous behavior. Please stop trying to equalize his request and gimmick with the dog treat to her falsifying a scenario with the police. In no sane world are those two things equal. And in most of our worlds one isn't even a problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2020, 07:59 PM

3,648 posts, read 3,784,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
How would this story look if both actors were white? Would anyone criticize her for calling the police? And if anyone did publicly criticize her, would they then be called out for being callous to a woman's fear?
I would.

I'm sick of people making false police reports.

I wonder if there are stats on how many reports turn out top be unfounded?

Old 05-27-2020, 08:05 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Karens are proving themselves to be manipulative liars. Making false claims to the police is a crime.

Glad that racist, dog abuser was fired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
So, you're stating because a thief got shot, then White women who don't leash their dogs deserve to have hostile and strange interactions with Black men who try to lure their dogs? Solid logic.

If you want to start a racial tit for tat, you won't like the outcome.

Old 05-27-2020, 08:15 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,348,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
People in the U.S. bend over backwards for certain minorities. Even here in CD. The guy says something like, “I’m going to do whatever I want and you’re not going to like it.” (I don’t have the quote in front of me). That statement in my opinion could frighten someone. Nothing to lose by calling the cops. Better safe than sorry. She got fired? Is that true? I hope she sues the shot of of her ex-employer and makes a small fortune.

Disgusting how she’s made out to look the the bad guy here. She was frightened. Surely nothing bad ever happens to women in Central Park. If anything this should have been no news. So much drama on CD.
Frightened people angrily storm towards the person who’s “frightening” them repeatedly, even after said person who’s causing them so much fear tells them not to come close and to them.

You can’t make this stuff up lol

Old 05-27-2020, 08:22 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Are you folks purposely being obtuse? There's a thread in this very forum where a black man complied and died. NO black man wants the cops called on him and she knew that which is why she threatened him with it. Then, when he calmly said, 'please do call the police', she went through with it, identifying him as an African American man (wonder why) and saying he was threatening her and her dog.

The whole act of her doing that and feigning fear and some bull**** threat was a punitive move because he politely asked her to leash her dog and she wasn't having it.

If the cops had come and gotten rough with him I suppose you'd have blamed him for that.

This is disgusting that you're pretending you don't understand the dynamic here. You want to pretend she was threatened but won't admit there was any threat or risk in what she did.
I don’t get it either Mike. Just unbelievable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser Brody View Post
Did Jussie Smollett get put in jail for his false claims?
His career is OVER!
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
LOL.. the mentally ill moron in question picked a fight with a strange woman and then tried to lure her dog with dog treats he happened to be carrying, while not having a dog of his own.

She was right to call the cops. Any sane person would.

Policing ordinances is for the Police, not civilian strangers in this high violence society. No one has the right to harass a stranger or to try and lure in their personal property.

She was right to be alarmed at his behavior and to seek assistance.
Okay. Fine.

But you were in support of Zimmerman.

Meh...whatever. You hire her then. Or since you wanna put on your cape and be Captain Save-a-Nutjob, step in and pay her bills.

Old 05-27-2020, 08:59 PM

1,066 posts, read 1,559,196 times
The handful of people trying to blame the guy are just playing mental gymnastics and being obtuse because they identify more with the white woman than the black man. Just admit it, we're all guilty of it sometimes.

Do you people even know what birding is? It's an obsessive hobby, and the guy was in the main birding area of the park with leash laws because...umm...many breeds of dogs are genetically built to hunt birds. Duh. Damn right he should tell her to leash her dog; it wasn't a matter of just being nosy for the sake of it. Her ignorance could have had deadly consequences for the birds in that area.

https://www.centralparknyc.org/blog/...o-birdwatching

Quote:
Wander north of Bethesda Terrace to find the Ramble, arguably the center of birding activity in the Park. It features a leafy canopy that helps wildlife thrive, and even features a fun spot with several bird feeders where many birdwatchers gather. The Ramble is also full of benches, making it an easy place to relax amid all the exploring.

Old 05-27-2020, 09:02 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,707,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
You frequently describe black people as incapable of independent thought or action.

History's true bigots- Nathan Bedford Forrest, George Wallace, and anyone involved with the Klan would largely be in agreement with you.
Your attempt at reverse psychology is a fail. You just don’t like the truth...it’s nothing to do with black. It’s a human reaction to the conditions that black peoples were exposed to. It’s not a black reaction...it’s the human reaction.

Old 05-27-2020, 09:15 PM

652 posts, read 521,192 times
What if she never stated what she was going to do and JUST DID IT instead? That's where she got caught. She looked in the camera and warned him of the lie she was going to tell. But what if she just started yelling and claimed sexual assault? Even if he was recording, there will be no way to disprove it? Believe all women right?

Old 05-27-2020, 09:30 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I don’t get it either Mike. Just unbelievable.

His career is OVER!

Okay. Fine.

But you were in support of Zimmerman.

Meh...whatever. You hire her then. Or since you wanna put on your cape and be Captain Save-a-Nutjob, step in and pay her bills.
SMH. I've purposely hung out in other forums because this one is so aggravating. I know these people aren't stupid, so there must be some other reason they're holding fast to their fiction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendu View Post
The handful of people trying to blame the guy are just playing mental gymnastics and being obtuse because they identify more with the white woman than the black man. Just admit it, we're all guilty of it sometimes.

Do you people even know what birding is? It's an obsessive hobby, and the guy was in the main birding area of the park with leash laws because...umm...many breeds of dogs are genetically built to hunt birds. Duh. Damn right he should tell her to leash her dog; it wasn't a matter of just being nosy for the sake of it. Her ignorance could have had deadly consequences for the birds in that area.

https://www.centralparknyc.org/blog/beginners-guide-to-birdwatching
They don't care that her ignorance could have had deadly consequences for the guy - you don't really think they'll care about the birds, do you?

I wish they had shown as much compassion for him as they did the dog.

Old 05-27-2020, 09:53 PM

1,066 posts, read 1,559,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
They don't care that her ignorance could have had deadly consequences for the guy - you don't really think they'll care about the birds, do you?

I wish they had shown as much compassion for him as they did the dog.
I appreciate the birder in him. I know birders, I've tagged along on birding expeditions. Every single birder out there - young, old, black, white, would have had the same reaction as this guy and told her to leash her dog. So there's no reason to get on this guy's case because he spoke up instead of minding his own business.

He was 100% in the right and she flipped out because she wasn't expecting to be called out on it. Her reaction wasn't due to feeling threatened, she had a meltdown because some stranger called her out on bad behavior when she was thinking she'd just get some peace and quiet. Otherwise she wouldn't have approached him aggressively and then tried to intimidate him by saying what she was going to tell the cops...which was a total implied threat. She lives in NYC, she knows the implications of telling a black guy that she's going to tell the police that an African American man is threatening her.

This video is a complete smoking gun, no-doubter. Anyone trying to blame the guy or make excuses for her is just trying way, way too hard to fit this into their world view.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies