Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2020, 06:26 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,398,621 times

Advertisements

Believe all whammen!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2020, 06:48 AM

17,384 posts, read 11,897,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Yep.

But that wasn't any of his business.

That dog wasn't hurting anyone or any birds.

And using protecting birds is a ridiculous excuse.

Birds tend to torment dogs more than the other way around.
Dogs chase birds. Fact.

Birds don't "torment" dogs. Fact.

Dogs do torment birds. Fact.

There is a leash law in that area. Fact.

He had every right to tell her to leash her dog. Fact.

The fact that you are defending her, and blaming him, speaks volumes about you. Fact.

Old 05-29-2020, 07:07 AM

18,366 posts, read 31,455,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
She did not destroy herself. The mob did! And her cowardly employer. And I beg to differ on the threat. He did threaten her. She had no clue what the guy was going to do when he started after her dog, and we didn’t even see what transpired before the cameras rolled. And even after all that, this fight was truly not as bad as everyone acts like it was. In the days before cell phones no one would have thought twice, or even heard about it. And for people to equate calling the police with calling for an assassination is just too much. Give me a freaking break. Very few encounters with police end up like the guy in Minnesota, and those are usually avoidable. He had his film to back up his story. He didn’t need to ruin the woman’s life over what amounts to a minor argument. And the vindictiveness of the mob on here is crazy. I don’t understand it. The media is breaking us man.

I'm sorry, but I think you are wrong.

Had she not have said, I'm going to call the police and tell them, there is an African American man"...
she didn't say, I'm going to call the police and tell them there is a "man" threatening me.

she HAD to include the "African American", which now lets us all know he is black.

Why did she do that?
Why did she feel that was important to include?
Was that to rule out all white men? all hispanic men? most likely.

But, this is where I believe you are wrong, she did destroy herself, HER poor actions made this happen. All she had to do, was either leash the dog, say I'm sorry, or leash the dog and move on.
She didn't
She had "fight" in her.
Clear as day, we can all see this in her mannerisms, the way she immedietely stormed over to him, finger pointing. Come on, you can see that, can't you?

Do I think that maybe the man should have just of said nothing and moved on, yes, of course.

Now, because of him saying to leash the dog, (and he isn't the park police), but, on the other hand, he was helping the parks dept that had planted all the greenery. Why should her dog get to run around unleashed and ruin the plantings?

There are many ways to look at this, and a lot of things, like I had stated, I agree with your logic on this, but, she didn't like what he was asking, so to me, she was the aggressor in this matter.

In my eyes, (and a lot of others), SHE destroyed herself.

Should she have of been fired, probably not, her employment had nothing to do with this, it was IMO a separate matter and had nothing to do with her job, but IMO, he employer was covering his azz in case of any reprecussions regarding this.

Now regarding the treats, yes, I agree with you 100 percent, she had absolutley NO idea of what he was going to do, I too, would NOT have of liked that at all, again, that is all the more, why she should have grabbed her dog, leashed it, and left.
She didn't

and I am a little "gray" on the "him carrying dog treats, with no dog", I will scratch my head on that one.

But the most baffeling thing of all is, how did the situation end?
I am still not clear on that. Did they just stop talking to each other and each went their separate ways?
IDK, but, I guess it then wasn't that important to her to stay and wait for the police to arrive so she can tell her side.

She didn't.

Did he then, just walk away?
Did she say to him, you can't just walk away, I called the cops?
If that was the case and he was walking away, she could have videoed him walking away.
She didn't

and, IMO, he wasn't absolutley innocent in this either.
His statement
"You're gonna do what you want
so I'm gonna do what I want, and your not going to like it"

so his statement, with the ending of "you're not going to like it", OK, like WTF did that mean?, could that have of been threatening? OK, I will give you that. It could....
but, again, he would most likley would not have of said that, if she didn't react the way she did.

The longer she stood there carrying on, the more ammunition he was getting.

Her little performance of the out of breath, (as if she had ran a mile to get out of his way) pleading for the cops to come immedietely, was yet another demand, she was basically saying "get here asap, I am in total danger" drop everything, and yet, there was nothing going on. If he was attacking her, do you think for one minute he would have stood there while she made that call???

Old 05-29-2020, 07:26 AM

39,803 posts, read 26,303,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Dogs chase birds. Fact.

Birds don't "torment" dogs. Fact.

Dogs do torment birds. Fact.

There is a leash law in that area. Fact.

He had every right to tell her to leash her dog. Fact.

The fact that you are defending her, and blaming him, speaks volumes about you. Fact.
OK Karen

Unless the dog was threatening him or someone else, it was none of his business.

Old 05-29-2020, 07:36 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,398,621 times
Ever notice how some stories get more attention than others? Everyone knows who Amy Cooper is; how many know of Cadesha Bishop?

It's all by design.

Old 05-29-2020, 07:43 AM

39,803 posts, read 26,303,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
Ever notice how some stories get more attention than others? Everyone knows who Amy Cooper is; how many know of Cadesha Bishop?

It's all by design.
Well, she just murdered someone. Not like she called the police when a big man threatened her. Funny how the man hasn't been called misogynistic and attacked by the local feminists yet.

Old 05-29-2020, 07:44 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,509,014 times
Why is the fact that this man did indeed threaten her is everyone ignoring?

Old 05-29-2020, 07:54 AM

21,395 posts, read 10,448,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
I'm sorry, but I think you are wrong.

Had she not have said, I'm going to call the police and tell them, there is an African American man"...
she didn't say, I'm going to call the police and tell them there is a "man" threatening me.

she HAD to include the "African American", which now lets us all know he is black.

Why did she do that?
Why did she feel that was important to include?
Was that to rule out all white men? all hispanic men? most likely.

But, this is where I believe you are wrong, she did destroy herself, HER poor actions made this happen. All she had to do, was either leash the dog, say I'm sorry, or leash the dog and move on.
She didn't
She had "fight" in her.
Clear as day, we can all see this in her mannerisms, the way she immedietely stormed over to him, finger pointing. Come on, you can see that, can't you?

Do I think that maybe the man should have just of said nothing and moved on, yes, of course.

Now, because of him saying to leash the dog, (and he isn't the park police), but, on the other hand, he was helping the parks dept that had planted all the greenery. Why should her dog get to run around unleashed and ruin the plantings?

There are many ways to look at this, and a lot of things, like I had stated, I agree with your logic on this, but, she didn't like what he was asking, so to me, she was the aggressor in this matter.

In my eyes, (and a lot of others), SHE destroyed herself.

Should she have of been fired, probably not, her employment had nothing to do with this, it was IMO a separate matter and had nothing to do with her job, but IMO, he employer was covering his azz in case of any reprecussions regarding this.

Now regarding the treats, yes, I agree with you 100 percent, she had absolutley NO idea of what he was going to do, I too, would NOT have of liked that at all, again, that is all the more, why she should have grabbed her dog, leashed it, and left.
She didn't

and I am a little "gray" on the "him carrying dog treats, with no dog", I will scratch my head on that one.

But the most baffeling thing of all is, how did the situation end?
I am still not clear on that. Did they just stop talking to each other and each went their separate ways?
IDK, but, I guess it then wasn't that important to her to stay and wait for the police to arrive so she can tell her side.

She didn't.

Did he then, just walk away?
Did she say to him, you can't just walk away, I called the cops?
If that was the case and he was walking away, she could have videoed him walking away.
She didn't

and, IMO, he wasn't absolutley innocent in this either.
His statement
"You're gonna do what you want
so I'm gonna do what I want, and your not going to like it"

so his statement, with the ending of "you're not going to like it", OK, like WTF did that mean?, could that have of been threatening? OK, I will give you that. It could....
but, again, he would most likley would not have of said that, if she didn't react the way she did.

The longer she stood there carrying on, the more ammunition he was getting.

Her little performance of the out of breath, (as if she had ran a mile to get out of his way) pleading for the cops to come immedietely, was yet another demand, she was basically saying "get here asap, I am in total danger" drop everything, and yet, there was nothing going on. If he was attacking her, do you think for one minute he would have stood there while she made that call???
Some people are dramatic. She was probably hyperventilating in the mask with her adrenaline pumping.

I personally cannot comment on any of the argument because we only see what the guy filming wanted us to see. Who knows what was going on before he turned the camera on? His own script of what happened wasn’t good. What happened afterwards? I assume once he had what he wanted he turned off the camera and left the scene. Or maybe the cops did come and it was a big nothing.

Either way the entire incident should have just ended there, but this guy had to get his pound of flesh and post that stuff on Twitter for the mob to take care of. He’s the one who escalated this to the level it’s at. He’s the one who ruined her life when he posted a meaningless argument on Twitter.

From what I saw and from what he said happened, she had every reason to feel threatened. She of course is so cowed she’s apologizing instead of defending herself, but someone’s got to point out the problems with this incident because I think a great injustice has been done to her.

Old 05-29-2020, 08:17 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,471,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Are you even talking about the same incident?

The lengths people are going to in order to put this guy in a bad light have crossed over to insane and comical.

It’s one thing to have a slightly different interpretation of events, but some of these people are liars. It’s like they cannot stand the thought of a situation where a black man can be called innocent, so they’ve created an image in their mind of how threatening and menacing he was.

It reminds me of the incident in TX where a cop went into the wrong apartment and shot the guy who lived there and all some folks could come up with was ‘He had pot!’ ‘What does his record look like?’ and ‘She probably had trouble with him previously.’ Some even faulted him for not having any lights on in his own place!!!! Insane!

This guy is even more of an upstanding citizen so he has to be threatening and menacing because they got nothin’.

I guarantee you if he never said what he did or gave the dog a treat (clutch the pearls!) they would be slamming him for something else.

Old 05-29-2020, 08:21 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,471,158 times
I wish the thread wasn’t so long - I’d go back and find the post where I predicted SOMEONE would post, ‘We don’t know what went on before finning started.’
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies