Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2020, 09:46 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,814,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Twitter, Google, Facebook and others are virtual Monopolies, acting like Utilities and abusing their power.
Every platform you listed has alternatives, thus they are not a monopoly. Just because a platform has the largest user base does not make it a monopoly. There are no unreasonable barriers to entry for creating a competitor to any of the platforms owned by the companies you listed.

Words have meaning, especially in regards to legality, you don't get to just make it up as you go along.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2020, 09:48 AM

7,473 posts, read 3,989,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No, I do not want the government involved, but you do. You want then to take action because they hurt Trump's feelings.

Now I have said it three times, but talking to a Trump apologist is like talking to a wall.

Have a nice day.

He is promoting authoritarianism and doesn't even know it.
Except the fact checkers are biased and flat out lied. They are more dangerous than the supposed Russians interference

Old 05-28-2020, 09:50 AM

19,958 posts, read 8,860,828 times
you have to treat all twitter accounts the same......Trump or Joe the RagMan....Zuckerberg knows it, that's why he's critical of Twitter here. Want to fact check Trump, you have to fact check the other 200 billion tweets a year. Who's going to do it? Would cost hundreds of millions.

Old 05-28-2020, 09:50 AM

860 posts, read 319,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaTransplant View Post
'Many?' Unmitigated bull, or more formally, anecdotal fallacy. Where are the millions of proven illegal votes in California? President Trump's fevered imagination, and that of his cult, only.
So unless it is millions then it does not count? Got it.

Old 05-28-2020, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
Why is there an ad at the top of my screen asking me to thank Obama for helping defeat trump in 2020? I thought CD was not biased?
ROTFLMAO!!!!!

Old 05-28-2020, 09:53 AM

77,023 posts, read 47,392,778 times
Quote:
Except the fact checkers are biased and flat out lied. They are more dangerous than the supposed Russians interference
Pointing out lies <> bias.

I get it that you want them to give Trump a platform to spread political propaganda & lies, but they are not willing to accommodate it. They have a reputation to maintain.

Trump can sign up with 4Chan. I always thought that is more fitting for him.

Old 05-28-2020, 09:54 AM

19,958 posts, read 8,860,828 times
Quote:
Why is there an ad at the top of my screen asking me to thank Obama for helping defeat trump in 2020? I thought CD was not biased?
this site is clearly a forum, says so very clearly. Twitter on the other hand...

https://abovethelaw.com/2019/07/twit...-public-forum/

Old 05-28-2020, 09:54 AM

Quote:

I get it that you want them to give Trump a platform to spread political propaganda & lies, but they are not willing to accommodate it. They have a reputation to maintain.
Now THAT is the funniest thing I have read all year.

Old 05-28-2020, 10:02 AM

51,584 posts, read 25,589,248 times
Quote:

Trump can sign up with 4Chan. I always thought that is more fitting for him.
Why doesn't Trump go with 4Chan? From what I understand, would be a better fit.

That would stick it to Dorsey.

Old 05-28-2020, 10:06 AM

9,244 posts, read 14,810,120 times
What Trump says matters (unfortunately) because he is the President of the United States. His followers, as well as many of the uneducated and undereducated, assume he is telling the truth and often do not have access to reports that show what has actually happened and provide the counter to his lies.

A POTUS who pushes lies and conspiracy theories, and attempts to destroy the character of those who disagree with him is a danger, not only to this country, but to the rest of the world.

And this is not even to get into what he has already done to the US people and the planet with his de-regulation and destruction of the agencies which are meant to protect us. His latest target is the post office so as to destroy our voting rights during this pandemic. He is working behind the scenes to push his edicts and to weaken and destroy the federal government by planting unqualified temporary employees in the ranks and firing any/all opposition.

What posting will Twitter not allow or not fact check? Will they allow neo- Nazi rants, KKK recruitments, or calls to armed rebellion (as Trump has done)- should they allow any obscenity to be written, any conspiracy theory????

Clue: No American right is absolute and never has been. That includes "free speech". Sadly, this is the first time a POTUS has needed to be censored for the good of the country and the world. Will he casually twitter us into a nuclear war with N Korea???

BTW, Citydata openly claims the right to censor and edit and they do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies