Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2020, 08:39 PM

11,119 posts, read 5,533,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyVW55 View Post
This is a true statement which is why Twitter should have just given Trump the Alex Jones treatment and removed him for his consistent lies and conspiracies. But they've given him presidential privilege so he's getting special treatment. I somewhat understand their stance in letting him just be out there. Banning him just makes him pop up somewhere else. I think Twitter is correct in that we should all be able to see the emperor without his clothes. It's really just a shame that some people aren't smart enough to figure out his lies.

Twitter doesn't have the bandwidth to police everyone with the fact check warning, but they can do it when their attention is called to the the tweets by others and then decide if it needs a fact check.

The situation with Trump and Twitter is indeed ambiguous. The majority of us would like to see the social-media identify and restrict or remove false or hateful commentary. But we don't want Trump to be removed, because his bogus and absurd comments are furthering his own demise. He's hanging himself with his tweets and his opponents certainly don't want to get in the way of him doing that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2020, 08:39 PM

6,296 posts, read 6,942,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
The Republican position is that if Twitter wants to engage in significant editing of content they have crossed the line to publisher and should no longer be afforded the protections that law gives them...........
I wish that ALL of social media sites plus Google, Microsoft and a host of others be classified as publishers.

As a writer and photographer...all those sites steal my writing and photographs and post on the internet. From there others take the photographs and my writings and post without payment or even crediting me as the author. In a few cases, they said THEY were the author.

As Publishers ALL those sites will have to abide by copyright laws. Instead of dealing with thousands of people stealing my intellectual property, I only have to deal with Twitter, Google, Microsoft, Facebook and a few others.

So I am with Trump on this one. I will FINALLY get paid for my “intellectual” property!!

Try copying a Microsoft or Google software program without paying for it!!! Yet, the same companies steal my products without even thinking twice about it.

Go Trump....I want to get paid for my work!!!! Time to stop stealing other peoples property just because you are rich and powerful.

Old 05-28-2020, 08:46 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,487,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
I think we should be concerned about the demented old man in the White House. As the election nears and the polls slide more and more to Biden I expect the moron will do something extreme like trigger a war.

Is is possible there is one person who isn't aware of Trump's lies? At the end of 2019 Trump was documented with over 20,000 lies. Trump even lies about the lies he previously lied about.
How can you tell Trump is lying? His lips are moving.
What do you think about Biden wanting to go much further than Trump on sec 230?

Old 05-28-2020, 08:58 PM

41,815 posts, read 50,801,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 509 View Post
I wish that ALL of social media sites plus Google, Microsoft and a host of others be classified as publishers.

As a writer and photographer...all those sites steal my writing and photographs and post on the internet. From there others take the photographs and my writings and post without payment or even crediting me as the author. In a few cases, they said THEY were the author.

As Publishers ALL those sites will have to abide by copyright laws. Instead of dealing with thousands of people stealing my intellectual property, I only have to deal with Twitter, Google, Microsoft, Facebook and a few others.

So I am with Trump on this one. I will FINALLY get paid for my “intellectual” property!!

Try copying a Microsoft or Google software program without paying for it!!! Yet, the same companies steal my products without even thinking twice about it.

Go Trump....I want to get paid for my work!!!! Time to stop stealing other peoples property just because you are rich and powerful.

What you asking is impossible. What you just posted here... is it unique or did you copy and paste it from some other site? If CD is liable for copyright infringement this site ceases to exist.

If you are concerned about Google or whatever don't publish on platforms you have no control over. Get your own domain and use robots.txt file which give you 100% control over what Google indexes.
Quote:

User-agent: *
Disallow: /
Nothing on your website will ever appear in Google or any other SE that respects robots.txt

Old 05-28-2020, 09:27 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,494,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseBuilder328 View Post
So the fool did it. I'm not a Democrat or Republican, but this guy is going off the deep end. He's a thin-skinned individual who doesn't need to President. What a big baby. Twitter should ban his idiotic account - it won't be missed.

No way should Twitter ban Trump. I get too much enjoyment out of him proving himself a clueless moron on it most every day.

Old 05-28-2020, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
This is a bi-partisan issue. Biden supports stronger measures in fact.
https://reason.com/2020/01/17/joe-bi...-social-media/
'
Now, let's see who is honest in this thread.......
I never was going to vote for Biden. Or Trump.

Old 05-28-2020, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
ROFL. The reason Trump is president is that nobody knew him except as a TV reality show host. Now they know him. Does the phrase, "Never Trump," ring a bell?
But Trump supporters best know Trump for being anti-illegal immigrant and that is, by far, the no. 1 reason why they still quite strongly support Trump.

Old 05-28-2020, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by self-made View Post
I'm so proud of our President. Trump 2020!
LOL, Surely you jest in sarcasm.

Old 05-28-2020, 09:40 PM

17,598 posts, read 15,313,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
What is Absentee Voting?
Absentee voting (aka “mail-in voting” and “by-mail voting”) is conducted by mail-in ballot before the day of Election Day.
Thank you! I've voted absentee a few times. Yes, ballots are returned to the Official Election Office by USPS first class mail after being sent out by first class mail a week or 2 before the election.

Old 05-28-2020, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellise View Post
Why's Donnie got his undies in a bundle over a fact check anyway? His followers believe whatever he tells them, no fact checking from the FaKE NEwZ is gonna change their tiny minds. And everyone else already knows he's lying.
But is Trump really deliberately lying? Maybe he actually believes all the BS he twitters and utters during new conferences is nothing but the truth. What an ignorant, gullible fool can believe as true can surely be downright worrisome and frightening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies