Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you take a coronavirus/COVID-19/WuFlu immunization if available?
yes 99 50.00%
no 67 33.84%
maybe 29 14.65%
other, explain below 3 1.52%
Voters: 198. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2020, 01:50 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,851,991 times

Advertisements

Of course I'll take the vaccine when it's available. I love life and am far from ready to check out prematurely.

For what it's worth, I was a Polio Pioneer as a young child. My parents, and the parents of all my second grade classmates, didn't hesitate to sign those permission slips. They knew what unhindered polio could do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2020, 01:52 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,851,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
Okay, 78.93.

That's still not 80-100.
Didn't say it was. 78.93 years is just days away from 79 years, however, and that's eight years more than your first claim of 71.

Also, take a look at the life expectancy for those aged 70. They've outlived earlier risks and can expect many good years ahead of them.

Old 06-01-2020, 01:57 PM

37,029 posts, read 41,087,048 times
Quote:
Vaccines have been around for decades, and still only some people make it to 80-100. The average death age is still only 71-72.
More people are making it past 80, though. That is influenced by all advances in medicine, not just vaccines.

Vaccines have had the biggest impact on child mortality.

Old 06-01-2020, 01:58 PM

4,178 posts, read 2,638,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
More people are making it past 80, though. That is influenced by all advances in medicine, not just vaccines.

Vaccines have had the biggest impact on child mortality.
Proof? Links please.

Old 06-01-2020, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
They could make a synthetic variant of the strain chemically and simply reposition the molecule that neutralizes its composition that causes the defending organism to more easily and efficiently render the virus inoperative such that the biological component is such that the body under attack
This is word salad. You are trying to sound "sciencey" but there is no science in your statement. It is gibberish.

Old 06-01-2020, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Proof? Links please.
https://ourworldindata.org/vaccine-preventable-diseases

Old 06-01-2020, 04:26 PM

18,794 posts, read 8,420,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Some people, yes. Most people, no.

Not the way vaccines work. If humans are the only host for a virus, it can actually be eradicated, as happened with smallpox and eventually will happen with polio. There are other potentially eradicable viruses, including measles and hepatitis B.

The "super strains" have nothing to do with vaccines. That refers to antibiotics.

Anti-vaccinationists helped to fuel the epidemic of measles in Samoa last year that resulted in 82 deaths, mostly children. That is how the anti-vaccine movement kills.

Your death rates ignore those who survived measles and polio but had permanent handicaps. With vaccines the death rate from polio in the US is zero and that from measles close to zero. Your comparison to other causes of death is irrelevant.

Vaccines do not cause SIDS. No "alleged" about it.
If you check out American Samoa and covid 19, you will find very few cases. It may be that their MMR vaccine program has worked to stave off the new virus.

https://www.globenewswire.com/news-r...anization.html

Of also very importunate is their isolation.

Old 06-01-2020, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
If you check out American Samoa and covid 19, you will find very few cases. It may be that their MMR vaccine program has worked to stave off the new virus.

https://www.globenewswire.com/news-r...anization.html

Of also very importunate is their isolation.
Yeah, I have been keeping an eye on Samoa to see what would happen. Also, Fiji has had only 18 cases, 15 of whom have recovered, and no deaths. Fiji also had a measles vaccine program last year. They use a measles + rubella vaccine.

Old 06-01-2020, 07:09 PM

9,512 posts, read 6,059,204 times
Quote:
I know. I've said myself in another forum that I wouldn't want my kid to take this rushed vaccine without knowing what's in it and if it has side effects, but I'm good with the other scheduled vaccines for my kid.

I automatically got called an anti-vaxxer because I wouldn't be the first in line to get my kid with the COVID vaccine. It's like critical thinking goes out the window.
Yes, that is what happens. Otherwise very intelligent people are extremely propagandized, to the point of polarization; regarding vaccines & vaccines only. You can see the clear disconnect.

There are ways to screen people for genetic variants that are correlated with adverse events from vaccines. There are ways to actually engineer vaccines specifically for people with these variants. It called vaccinomics & it uses the knowledge of Immunogenomics. In laymans terms: Personalized vaccines.

Over 10% of the population may carry these genetic variants but NVAC; the National Vaccine Advisory Committee, decided that people like me & my kids, who do indeed have these variants; were basically an acceptable loss in 2009.

Quote:
Personalized vaccines have potential conflicts with our current public health model of preventive vaccination.

Our current model of preventive vaccination against infectious diseases depends on the universal acceptability and distribution of the vaccine. Standards first proposed in 1992 called for the identification and minimization of barriers to routine immunization. Specific barriers mentioned in these standards included delays in scheduling appointments and requiring a well-child visit or physical examination. Attempts to individualize vaccination may move away from recommendations for the minimization of barriers and the facilitation of expedited vaccination.

Furthermore, our public health success with vaccination depends in large part on creating herd immunity, an immunity across large segments of the population. To do this, some of our vaccines depend on 80 – 90% vaccine uptake
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2831634/

So a conscious decision was made, to potentially sacrifice over 10% of our population to death or disability from vaccines; in the name of "vaccine uptake" & "herd immunity".

I used to say I was not antivaccine until I learned this. I used to say I was pro-SAFE vaccine, until I realized that safety was a lower priority than uptake metrics. I said I wasn't antivaccine until I learned they could have been improving them for a long time & chose not to. Given that; yup! I am antrivaccine.

Old 06-01-2020, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
Yes, that is what happens. Otherwise very intelligent people are extremely propagandized, to the point of polarization; regarding vaccines & vaccines only. You can see the clear disconnect.

There are ways to screen people for genetic variants that are correlated with adverse events from vaccines. There are ways to actually engineer vaccines specifically for people with these variants. It called vaccinomics & it uses the knowledge of Immunogenomics. In laymans terms: Personalized vaccines.

Over 10% of the population may carry these genetic variants but NVAC; the National Vaccine Advisory Committee, decided that people like me & my kids, who do indeed have these variants; were basically an acceptable loss in 2009.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2831634/

So a conscious decision was made, to potentially sacrifice over 10% of our population to death or disability from vaccines; in the name of "vaccine uptake" & "herd immunity".

I used to say I was not antivaccine until I learned this. I used to say I was pro-SAFE vaccine, until I realized that safety was a lower priority than uptake metrics. I said I wasn't antivaccine until I learned they could have been improving them for a long time & chose not to. Given that; yup! I am antrivaccine.
"Personalized vaccines" are currently not feasible, although there is research in that direction.

"Over 10%" of the population do not have serious adverse reactions to vaccines. It is one in a million. "Over 10%" of the population do not have "death or disability" from vaccines.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies