Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you take a coronavirus/COVID-19/WuFlu immunization if available?
yes 99 50.00%
no 67 33.84%
maybe 29 14.65%
other, explain below 3 1.52%
Voters: 198. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2020, 08:53 AM

130,290 posts, read 12,105,905 times

Advertisements

I get the flu shot every year, so yeah, I'd get a covid shot, after it was out for a while.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2020, 08:54 AM

2,306 posts, read 1,703,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Really? We are wasting time and money to produce a vaccine for a virus with a 99% survival rate without it? Oh right...fearmongering....

The flu has a better survival rate and we have vaccines for that. Chicken pox and shingles have a much lower death rate and we have vaccines for them too. So why not?

Old 05-27-2020, 08:54 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,648,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
There is still need for several reasons.

Hot spots today and those forthcoming.

And protecting our high risk population.

That being said, there is new news about the old MMR vaccine providing covid 19 protection. In fact I donated a blood sample yesterday for a medical study as a covid 19 survivor with antibodies. Apparently the Rubella virus has many similar surface characteristics with the covid 19 virus.

I would be that if the MMR pans out, it is too soon to say, if more people would go for that since it has a long term safety record?

https://www.researchgate.net/publica...ed_Populations
I'm all for that. But it must be done correctly. There hasn't been a vaccine for a coronavirus ever developed, and the closest one, the flu vaccine, isn't even very effective and has injured millions of people.

This vaccine should be properly vetted and tested before it's put to market. I don't like the idea of putting out a vaccine in less than a year and then having people be guinea pigs. Especially since an RNA vaccine hasn't ever been done before and it seems like this one will be RNA based. Very very dangerous stuff. This isn't your basic tetanus or hepatitis vaccine.

Old 05-27-2020, 08:57 AM

30,369 posts, read 19,162,886 times
I said maybe because I would need to read the side effects before deciding for sure...I would most likely get it if the results were excellent and side effects minimal.

Old 05-27-2020, 09:04 AM

18,802 posts, read 8,471,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
I'm all for that. But it must be done correctly. There hasn't been a vaccine for a coronavirus ever developed, and the closest one, the flu vaccine, isn't even very effective and has injured millions of people.

This vaccine should be properly vetted and tested before it's put to market. I don't like the idea of putting out a vaccine in less than a year and then having people be guinea pigs. Especially since an RNA vaccine hasn't ever been done before and it seems like this one will be RNA based. Very very dangerous stuff. This isn't your basic tetanus or hepatitis vaccine.
Look at my post #9 above.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1...207v1.full.pdf

https://www.skinbodyhealth.com/wp-co...del_Noverr.pdf

Old 05-27-2020, 09:09 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,456,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
I wouldn't be rushing to be an early adopter, but if it's shown to be safe over time - sure.
I would take it as soon as available.

If a better one comes out later, I would take that too.

Old 05-27-2020, 09:12 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,456,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Really? We are wasting time and money to produce a vaccine for a virus with a 99% survival rate without it? Oh right...fearmongering....
What is 1% of 328,200,000 ?

Thought so ... it's like nuking a large city.

Old 05-27-2020, 09:13 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,545,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
I would take it as soon as available.

If a better one comes out later, I would take that too.

Please do.

Old 05-27-2020, 09:15 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
I wouldn't be rushing to be an early adopter, but if it's shown to be safe over time - sure.
If the vaccine is given proper testing/vetting vs. "fast tracked" because of the pandemic, I would get it.

If they rush it to market in less than 18mos with only cursory testing prior to "emergency" approval by the FDA, I'll wait.

Old 05-27-2020, 09:16 AM

17,004 posts, read 12,592,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
You like the idea of killing people who disagree with you, huh?

And the squiggly red line is your friend. It's "measles". (Folks act like it costs them money to use the spell check feature! Hell, you don't even have to click the damn thing to make it work! It's automatic!)
Google the word sarcasm.
I find it interesting you are ignoring that the antivaxxer movement actually does kill people.

Hav a excalent daye. yess reely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies