Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2020, 11:58 AM

4,418 posts, read 2,944,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
Exactly. As I stated before it is a problem for all Americans given the number of You Tube videos out there showing White folk harassed and bullied by police of all different backgrounds.

Now to the “black women don’t face...” portion. True but neither do White women. I think it’s fair to say men in general are more likely regardless of race.

All i am saying and I think MPowering1 is also stating is All citizens regardless of race better start speaking up. These police are moving goal post all the time on what is considered “legal” without ever asking the public because the police know most of the public will jus go along like sheep.

Stuff is moving so fast in this area, in still stuck on the no-knock warrant issue from last week, damn.
So if men in general are more likely regardless of race, then that is admitting that it is at the very least not all because of race.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2020, 11:58 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
Exactly. As I stated before it is a problem for all Americans given the number of You Tube videos out there showing White folk harassed and bullied by police of all different backgrounds.

Now to the “black women don’t face...” portion. True but neither do White women. I think it’s fair to say men in general are more likely regardless of race.

All i am saying and I think MPowering1 is also stating is All citizens regardless of race better start speaking up. These police are moving goal post all the time on what is considered “legal” without ever asking the public because the police know most of the public will jus go along like sheep.

Stuff is moving so fast in this area, in still stuck on the no-knock warrant issue from last week, damn.
Yep, that's what I'm saying. Unfortunately, we've become so divisive we're not going to band together any time soon to push back against the police, the government or anything else. Divide and conquer is at play and it's working.

Old 05-27-2020, 12:00 PM

4,418 posts, read 2,944,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I've addressed this in other threads. White people don't have anyone organizing them to rally around a cause. We're apathetic beyond belief.

EVERYONE should be complaining about the shift in the role of police from serve and protect to enforce and kill. Too many trigger happy cops and cops who should have never gotten a badge and a gun.

The reason black women don't face the same odds is because black women are less likely to attack/kill a police officer who has stopped them. There's a reason cops are trigger happy, just look at FBI stats. But that doesn't make it right and something needs to be done to clean house and provide more protection and better training with annual psychological exams and some third party group deciding what to do with bad cops.

The code of silence is real and the set up they have is meant to protect them, not innocent citizens.
I see plenty of whites involved in these BLM protests and posting things on facebook. Many are only apathetic towards other whites. Or afraid to speak up due to the harassment they would receive.

Old 05-27-2020, 12:00 PM

78,408 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berteau View Post
See the link below. Isn't it racism against whites and even latinos that the media and social justice groups don't care about white peoples lives? Its a shame that from the racial bias in public and the media that most people only think this happens to blacks or more often to blacks. Twice as many whites are killed by police than blacks and almost the same number of latinos, yet you don't hear people crying racism to Latinos either. All the social justice warriors and race-baiters would be shocked.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...olice-by-race/
White the ratio of shooting is 2-1, the ratio of population is more like 6-1.

Overall the reasons behind it are complicated and are driven by a number of different factors.

Old 05-27-2020, 12:08 PM

1,225 posts, read 2,420,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
At lest twice as many single white mothers as there are single black mothers....why is no one complaining about single white parents?
Cause you have to look at it in terms of percentages and/or per capita. There are way more white people

Old 05-27-2020, 12:10 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,707,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novadhd5150 View Post
Cause you have to look at it in terms of percentages and/or per capita.
Did the OP do that? He just said twice as many.....the title did not mention percentages.

Old 05-27-2020, 12:14 PM

5,981 posts, read 2,236,544 times
Quote:
So if men in general are more likely regardless of race, then that is admitting that it is at the very least not all because of race.
Nope sometimes it’s just police over reach and law violations, it sure why that would make you feel better about it. Your fine with a crazy cops playing Russian roulette with your life. That’s a first for me.

You know after a azz woopin with a baton we all end up the same black and blue. Not sure why race is so important Too you considering it is happening more and more to all people. Seems the take away is the “ALL Americans are at risk” part.

Old 05-27-2020, 12:23 PM

17,302 posts, read 12,251,233 times
Quote:
Can anyone tell me who Cameron Redus, Tyler Comstock, Gil Collar, James Whitehead, Dillon Taylor, Andy Gaynier, Enoch Gaver, and Jason Conoscenti are? There is a reason you don't. These are all unarmed white men killed by police officers. And the police officers were not charged with crimes. But for some reason there is no media coverage, no grand jury, no department of justice investigation. The reason is because it does not suit the agenda to "fan the latent hostilities of low-income, inner city residents". You will notice that is a quote. A man named Saul Alinsky said it. It is a strategy for so called "community organizers" to gain power. Funny that Hillary Clinton wrote her thesis on this very thing. Amazing how easy the public can be manipulated. The strategy is to "search out controversy" "Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it,
Funny, it's pretty easy to pull up media coverage on all of those. Some included protests. Many had lawsuits filed by surviving family. Also no mention of what they were doing...not just that they were unarmed. The Gaver mess where the whole family was brawling and immediately attacked police and went for the officer's gun...really? There were investigations done. So what's your agenda?

Old 05-27-2020, 12:27 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,684,015 times
We need to up our game. White people will not be truly equal until 7x as many whites are shot by cops as all minorities put together. Just 2x as many is pitiful. What are the cops thinking?

Old 05-27-2020, 12:41 PM

5,450 posts, read 2,718,532 times
Quote:
See the link below. Isn't it racism against whites and even latinos that the media and social justice groups don't care about white peoples lives? Its a shame that from the racial bias in public and the media that most people only think this happens to blacks or more often to blacks. Twice as many whites are killed by police than blacks and almost the same number of latinos, yet you don't hear people crying racism to Latinos either. All the social justice warriors and race-baiters would be shocked.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...olice-by-race/
what inspired this thread? Any recent events?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies