Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2020, 05:59 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Um, no lady. I'm absolutely militant about proper hygiene and properly covering sneezes and coughs, with or without masks. However, CV19 can be spread even without visible symptoms, which is when the masks particularly help.
Yet. again, if you cough/sneeze into your sleeve, or, barring a sleeve, your handkerchief, you don't need to wear a mask. You can just as easily cough/sneeze into a piece of cloth without having to have one plastered on your face to show the world how self righteous you are. (All general "you", so don't get upset.)

Unless you all are changing the narrative from last week, where you all said that the masks protect everyone FROM you, not protect you, then you don't need to wear a damn mask. Unless you're a disgusting pig who doesn't know how to cover their faces when they sneeze or cough - because that is absolutely disgusting, and you bet I've given people hell for it for years. But I have never insisted that someone walk around with cloth covering their faces just to make me feel better. I've only given them sht when they brayed their cough and sneezes without using their sleeve or a handkerchief to cover their face. Hell, at this point, I'd be happy if people even used their hands - not ideal, but far better than just blasting it out there onto everyone else.

If YOU do not act like that, YOU do not need to wear a mask. If YOU are "militant" about proper hygiene, then YOU should not have taken offense to what I said.

You can try to pretend I was talking about only sick people, but I wasn't. And I've already made my point very clear about sick and non sick (meaning showing no symptoms of being sick of anything at all) several, and I mean several times on this forum, even before this virus, I have made my point about sick and non sick coughing and sneezing all over the place.

If you ever read anything of mine where I talked about an 8th grade science class experiment, petri dishes that I've posted God knows how many fricken times on this entire forum already, then don't come at me with that nonsense about "without visible symptoms" because it doesn't fricken matter!

Whether you are "sick" or "not sick" you still cover your fricken face with your sleeve or a handkerchief when you cough or sneeze.

If you're that militant about hygiene, you would already know that, and would understand that you don't need to wear a mask because you ALREADY PRACTICE IT, but don't need something plastered over your face the entire time you're outside to remind you to do that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2020, 06:00 PM

24,630 posts, read 9,458,962 times
Liberals: Listen to your government, they care. Its for your safety.

Also liberals: OMG why are police so racist and killing people of color?

Old 05-28-2020, 06:26 PM

6,472 posts, read 6,678,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Yet. again, if you cough/sneeze into your sleeve, or, barring a sleeve, your handkerchief, you don't need to wear a mask. You can just as easily cough/sneeze into a piece of cloth without having to have one plastered on your face to show the world how self righteous you are. (All general "you", so don't get upset.)

Unless you all are changing the narrative from last week, where you all said that the masks protect everyone FROM you, not protect you, then you don't need to wear a damn mask. Unless you're a disgusting pig who doesn't know how to cover their faces when they sneeze or cough - because that is absolutely disgusting, and you bet I've given people hell for it for years. But I have never insisted that someone walk around with cloth covering their faces just to make me feel better. I've only given them sht when they brayed their cough and sneezes without using their sleeve or a handkerchief to cover their face. Hell, at this point, I'd be happy if people even used their hands - not ideal, but far better than just blasting it out there onto everyone else.

If YOU do not act like that, YOU do not need to wear a mask. If YOU are "militant" about proper hygiene, then YOU should not have taken offense to what I said.

You can try to pretend I was talking about only sick people, but I wasn't. And I've already made my point very clear about sick and non sick (meaning showing no symptoms of being sick of anything at all) several, and I mean several times on this forum, even before this virus, I have made my point about sick and non sick coughing and sneezing all over the place.

If you ever read anything of mine where I talked about an 8th grade science class experiment, petri dishes that I've posted God knows how many fricken times on this entire forum already, then don't come at me with that nonsense about "without visible symptoms" because it doesn't fricken matter!

Whether you are "sick" or "not sick" you still cover your fricken face with your sleeve or a handkerchief when you cough or sneeze.

If you're that militant about hygiene, you would already know that, and would understand that you don't need to wear a mask because you ALREADY PRACTICE IT, but don't need something plastered over your face the entire time you're outside to remind you to do that.
Yes by now we all know that you cough and sneeze into your sleeve. You act like you are the only person who does that. You also imply that masks are only for stopping droplets from coughing and sneezing. THEY ARE NOT. Masks are to prevent the spread of droplets from talking or breathing, as well as coughing and sneezing.

So I'll fix your second to last sentence for you: "Whether you are "sick" or "not sick" you still cover your fricken face with a mask when you cough or sneeze or breathe or talk."

Old 05-28-2020, 08:14 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,142,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
The Potus and VP repeatedly seen not wearing face masks, even when they were in places that would require a regular person to do so.

And Trump just attacked Biden for wearing a mask in a public place.

There are hoards of right-wingers saying they will never put on masks.

WTF? Folks, is there people who still don't know we're in a pandemic? Masks save lives. Trump's own government guideline said to wear masks.

I don't get it. All this resistance because... masks are liberal conspiracy to make the population look dorky?? What is it?

Good question. I think there are two answers:

The president refuses to wear a mask for, exactly as you say, he's afraid of looking dorky. There are aspects where Trump is a total coward, and that includes his being terrified of looking foolish.

And for right-wingers, some just parrot what Trump says, but I've noticed that Republicans have this bizarre fury at the idea that someone is telling them what to do. I'm not sure why - maybe they think that they're the only ones to be issuing orders?

Old 05-28-2020, 08:30 PM

14,483 posts, read 12,114,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
And for right-wingers, some just parrot what Trump says, but I've noticed that Republicans have this bizarre fury at the idea that someone is telling them what to do. I'm not sure why - maybe they think that they're the only ones to be issuing orders?

You know... you don't have to guess why, many here have told you. It has nothing to do with wanting to issue orders. The bizarre fury you speak of is actually about protecting and defending rights, that once lost, are dang hard to get back. Particularly the rights lost to those who would take them for our own good.

Old 05-29-2020, 03:29 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,674,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
The Potus and VP repeatedly seen not wearing face masks, even when they were in places that would require a regular person to do so.

And Trump just attacked Biden for wearing a mask in a public place.

There are hoards of right-wingers saying they will never put on masks.

WTF? Folks, is there people who still don't know we're in a pandemic? Masks save lives. Trump's own government guideline said to wear masks.

I don't get it. All this resistance because... masks are liberal conspiracy to make the population look dorky?? What is it?

I don't understand the Right's resistance, period.

As far as D. T. goes, he just has to be oppositional and stir up resistance in others.

Old 05-29-2020, 04:13 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,873,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post

Speaking/talking can also create viral aerosol, so are you also going to cover your mouth with your elbow or a handkerchief every time you speak?

https://www.statnews.com/2020/04/15/...tudy-suggests/

Old 05-29-2020, 04:37 AM

7,103 posts, read 5,985,179 times
To respond the the OP, I’m not a conservative but I’ve not put a mask on once during this flu season as I never wear masks. When the media started this hoax, I was concerned as I feel a novel flu virus is eventually going to be the death of most of us, so I sheltered in place, limited my exposure and then realized that no one was dying from this where I live. So, no need for masks here, unless it gives you some sort of feeling that you’re doing your part to stay safe. Sort of like what a seatbelt does for you.

Old 05-29-2020, 05:01 AM

57,280 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
For how long?
Until we get this virus to a more manageable level, why is it so difficult when you go into a store for a few minutes this is a minor inconvenience considering everything we have gone through.

Old 05-29-2020, 05:02 AM

12,962 posts, read 13,676,205 times
Last year this time; nurses, Dr.'s, Dentist, police and healthcare professionals all wore a mask. Guys on motor cycles had these cool mask on. People working out doors had a mask on. There was even a company specializing in these fashion masks. Now all of the sudden a year later "Mask don't Work."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies