Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2020, 05:49 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,166,113 times

Advertisements

I Don't Understand the Right's Resistance to Wearing Masks During a Pandemic

Early childhood trauma, when they resisted wearing diapers. Look at Trump's twitter feed, he's still flinging poo...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2020, 05:49 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,233,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie the heartbreaker View Post
I reposted your quote that I was referring to. If all people entering nursing homes are wearing a mask, and if they worked, it would not matter if someone who worked at the nursing home caught the virus from me at the grocery store.
That is not true. Masks can reduce the spread of the virus, they are not 100% fool proof. The nurse who caught the virus from you can still spread to residents at the nursing home even if everyone is wearing masks.

Old 05-27-2020, 05:51 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,146,486 times
That's okay. You don't need to understand why people exercise their rights.

Old 05-27-2020, 05:53 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,233,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Only because you cannot provide an HONEST answer.
Claiming victory after getting a pointless argument shot down, again. I see.

Quote:
Then why is this thread in P&O C?
Exactly. I didn't post this in the History board. That should tell you something.

Quote:
So wait, now you want to go backwards? So, you're willing to respond to me, by providing something that is utterly irrelevant? And if you don't understand the hypocrisy in your statement, not my fault.
I honestly don't think you are not able to distinguish the significance of events that happened before the shutdown and events that happened last week. When a person plays dumb, that person tend to get treated as dumb. Just a word of advice.

Quote:
Just because the left-wing would have to be honest, makes the right, wrong.....
I have provided proof and I have explained to you why your pointless rebuttal is pointless.

I know you have a tendency to keep marching on pretending your argument didn't get shot down in flames. What usually follows is more pointless attacks on the liberals until the mental juice is empty.

Old 05-27-2020, 05:53 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,166,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
That's okay. You don't need to understand why people exercise their rights.

Funny, a vocal minority have this mistaken idea that they have the right to spread deadly diseases. They don't.

Old 05-27-2020, 05:54 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,146,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Funny, a vocal minority have this mistaken idea that they have the right to spread deadly diseases. They don't.
Actually, yes they do. In fact, they do this every year with the flu. Sorry, but people don't lose their rights because you feel scared.

Old 05-27-2020, 06:01 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
I have provided proof and I have explained to you why your pointless rebuttal is pointless.

I know you have a tendency to keep marching on pretending your argument didn't get shot down in flames. What usually follows is more pointless attacks on the liberals until you run out of mental juice and simply forget why you are typing.

The post I'm quoting is post 64...

No, because you think you have, means nothing.

Now, my argument was shot down in flames? Provide the post number or post numbers? I mean, your post is only #64, it should not be hard, even for you.

You've already forgotten what you've posted, in this short 64 post thread...(At the time I posted this)

Old 05-27-2020, 06:02 PM

17,305 posts, read 12,251,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
Something from the Journal of the American Medical Association:

"Face masks should be used only by individuals who have symptoms of respiratory infection such as coughing, sneezing, or, in some cases, fever. Face masks should also be worn by health care workers, by individuals who are taking care of or are in close contact with people who have respiratory infections, or otherwise as directed by a doctor. Face masks should not be worn by healthy individuals to protect themselves from acquiring respiratory infection because there is no evidence to suggest that face masks worn by healthy individuals are effective in preventing people from becoming ill."

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...rticle/2762694
"or otherwise as directed by a doctor"

Like during a pandemic where you can be infected but not know it yet.

They are effective at reducing risk of spread directly ahead...but exhaled breath gets directed behind you instead. So don't stand too close behind someone in a mask.
https://www.usnews.com/news/health-n...-perfect-study

Old 05-27-2020, 06:02 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post

What about the Flu? Don't you dare come back with, this is not the flu, is the flu deadly and is it spread by people?

Old 05-27-2020, 06:09 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,545,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
Actually, yes they do. In fact, they do this every year with the flu. Sorry, but people don't lose their rights because you feel scared.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies