Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2020, 09:00 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,640,522 times

Advertisements

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
It was already known around Jan/Feb. So, no. When Obama was president, no one knew anything Cov2.

Are you playing dumb? Because I hope your just playing dumb.
He had a team setup for any possible pandmic. No one knows what sort of pandemci, but it was known that a possible pandemic is inevitable. Ebola? Or something we didn't know about. But it was there, ready to be utilized when needed. Not for any specific virus. So it was there for Trump to use.
Dumb is spelled out so clearly in your statement if you want to go there !!!
A pandemic that is specific to a virus calls for learning something about the specific virus ( China didn't cooperate on that in lots of ways ). It calls for solutions that are specific to the virus !!! What was there for Trump to use wasn't a solution or specific to this Covid-19 China virus. It took time to retool and the amazing speed with which Trump and crew accomplished that is ignored !!! Its deceptive to act like all they had to do was open a closet door and there was all the solutions !!!

Quote:
No, I think you should look in the mirror with that statement...

Did I mention you don't use enough exclamation marks on your posts?
Says the guy with …

Cry all you want about it !!! Its not going to change !!!

Old 05-27-2020, 09:08 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,261,206 times
Cuomo said the CDC gave orders under the direction of President Trump to send Covid-19 sick patients into Nursing and Senior Living Facilies.

That is a LIE. It is a Proven LIE.

Old 05-27-2020, 09:11 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,111,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post

Dumb is spelled out so clearly in your statement if you want to go there !!!
A pandemic that is specific to a virus calls for learning something about the specific virus ( China didn't cooperate on that in lots of ways ). It calls for solutions that are specific to the virus !!! What was there for Trump to use wasn't a solution or specific to this Covid-19 China virus. It took time to retool and the amazing speed with which Trump and crew accomplished that is ignored !!! Its deceptive to act like all they had to do was open a closet door and there was all the solutions !!!
Wrong again. Of course we don't know a great deal about a new virus.

But the basic guidelines to a pandemic still stands. The plan that Obama had setup was a general plan for how to handle a pandemic based on the nature of pathegens and how they spread. The point is to mitigate the spread and keep it contained as much as possible.

Even without knowing much about Cov2, the same principle still applies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post

Says the guy with …

Cry all you want about it !!! Its not going to change !!!
haha, I'll give you that one(dot dot dot)

Old 05-27-2020, 09:39 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,640,522 times
[quote]
Quote:
Wrong again. Of course we don't know a great deal about a new virus.

But the basic guidelines to a pandemic still stands. The plan that Obama had setup was a general plan for how to handle a pandemic based on the nature of pathegens and how they spread. The point is to mitigate the spread and keep it contained as much as possible.

Even without knowing much about Cov2, the same principle still applies.
Of course you're wrong again !!! Your logic has failed and you spell it out in your own words !!!

Basic guidelines still exist but are not an answer to specific materials need !!! Example = a reliable test !!!

184 countries failed to mitigate the spread at first !!! No one knew how fast it could spread and they weren't even aware how it was transmitted SO EASILY when it first appeared !!! No general plan was going to stop it !!! The solution was to learn about it, then prepare, specifically to it with the learned knowledge !!! That's what happened !!! Its not like instant coffee but that is your logic !!! Instant solution to the unknown !!! In analyzing the situation you're in way over your head, as the saying goes !!!

Last edited by phma; 05-27-2020 at 10:02 PM..

Old 05-28-2020, 07:37 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...execs-immunity

No matter where you lean, hold anyone who botched the response to the virus accountable.

As much as I dislike Trump and disprove of his lack of early response, he's not the only one...

Hell I round the link on Reddit/r/worldnews, and even most people are upset at Cuomo, and reddit mainly leans left..
Now he’s blaming the nursing homes for obeying HIS ORDERS!

https://twitter.com/JaniceDean/statu...13569657741317

Old 05-28-2020, 07:51 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
Arizona has been defending long term care facilities. Long before Covid-19 mind you. In 2019 it was revealed one had a worker rape a women in the facility and she got pregnant and gave birth. Really not much of anything was done by Gov. Ducey. Now with Cobid-19, the same is happening and Ducey is protecting the facilities by not disclosing what ones have Covid cases. I think the Ducey track record on long-term care and handling in light of Covid-19 is worse than the Cuomo track record.

Old 05-28-2020, 07:56 AM

18,429 posts, read 8,258,982 times
has any of the liberal media called him out on this?

....I doubt it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Cuomo said the CDC gave orders under the direction of President Trump to send Covid-19 sick patients into Nursing and Senior Living Facilies.

That is a LIE. It is a Proven LIE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Now he’s blaming the nursing homes for obeying HIS ORDERS!

Old 05-28-2020, 08:04 AM

78,339 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Flashback moment to the last big national crisis Hurricane Katrina.

Due to the political winds, they blew out of proportion the slow federal response and launched conspiracy theories about Bush blowing up the levees and burying black people in swamps.

I looked around at the aftermath and the horrible job the city did and just shook my head as they just shuffled all the blame off under the guise of Bush being "racist".

Now we see he's friends with the Obama's and Nagin went to prison for corruption, the kind that likely exacerbated the entire disaster.

Just a warning about how these things can get grossly politicized and that's goes for BOTH parties.

Old 05-28-2020, 08:06 AM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
I don't know so much about that....

Cuomo panicked...fell for the "we're scientists and this is our computer game model"

...wanted more hosp beds....it takes time to setup tents...clean out other hosps....get a ship there...etc
then he didn't use or need them

...panicked that he needed ventilators...when he didn't even know his own inventory...didn't know he had them....the gov sent him ventilators....that he didn't need or use.....that he ended up giving away to other states

...Cuomo didn't have a plan in place...didn't know his own inventory

and was screaming at the "government" to bail him out....and the "government" takes time to do all that
fantastic summary. +1.

Old 05-28-2020, 12:23 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,368,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I know Michigan and NJ farmed out Covid patients to nursing homes despite having plenty of hospital beds. Killing many birds with one stone.

Gotta drive up those death numbers to make Trump look bad! Plus don't states get cash per body reported to be killed by CV-19?
Why would you put people that don't need to be hospitalized in the hospital, exactly?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies