Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2021, 04:28 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
Let’s call it what it is. Many people for whatever reason want to allow black people to get away with everything.

Fine with me, I live in a city that’s like 2% black lol. I look forward to the results of the experiment.

I will however not sit here for one second feeling guilty for being born white.
Its not just black people! They are arresting white people in droves around here for heroin/opioid crimes!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2021, 04:30 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
Ultimately police need to recognize what their duties are...their main task is to protect citizens rights, (NOT law enforcement), many do not seem to understand that today, and we actually have police fighting for TOUGHER unconstitutional laws...this cannot be tolerated.

Old 04-14-2021, 04:32 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,327,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
Let’s call it what it is. Many people for whatever reason want to allow black people to get away with everything.

Fine with me, I live in a city that’s like 2% black lol. I look forward to the results of the experiment.

I will however not sit here for one second feeling guilty for being born white.
what do black people get away with?

Old 04-14-2021, 04:34 PM

7,824 posts, read 4,564,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
And you are basing this opinion on what? Do you know personally all police officers and formed an opinion that none of them have any interest improvement? How many police officers do you think want to end up killing someone and end up on trial for murder? I am sure the thought of that keeps many officers awake at night.
That fact that they fight tooth and nail about upholding qualified immunity, union protection, circumvent citizen review boards and seldom if ever call out the bad apples themselves is a pretty good indication there's not much interest on their part to improve their performance.

Old 04-14-2021, 04:40 PM

936 posts, read 2,068,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterful_Man View Post
99% of police are great people, it's only a tiny amount of overly aggressive ego maniacs who are giving the rest of them a bad image. The issue only seems like a serious issue because it's all over social media.

Blacks are still genociding each other in Chicago, Baltimore, Detriot, and Philly on a regular basis, but let's pretend that's not happening, let's just focus on the police.
why can't we focus on both?

Old 04-14-2021, 04:42 PM

5,117 posts, read 2,162,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
Too much power, to much authority, no accountability,
Unequal biased hiring practices, abusive, killing and brutalizing black Americans at random...the list goes on

The USA is not a world leader...its a disgrace, a cestpool of racism and inequality.
Before you go on about how disgraceful the cops are in the States, you may want to go overseas and check out their police force and see how they operation and check back with us. Ever watch the movie called Bus 174 about a guy who hijacked a bus in Rio De Janeiro Brazil? Great movie. There was a stand off all day long that they caught all of it on camera. At the end of the day, he surrendered and was loaded into a police van. "Somehow" when he arrived at the police station, he was dead.

So tired of people wanting to throw out the baby with the bath water when in fact it's a few bad apples that can be dealt with. Don't you think all police forces in the States have "received the memo" and are now on high alert? There will always be a few crooked cops and that will never stop. But we need to stop with all the bellyaching. Easily 95% of cops are doing a great job. Let's not kill an ant with a sledgehammer!

Last edited by pete98146; 04-14-2021 at 05:15 PM..

Old 04-14-2021, 09:27 PM

431 posts, read 257,417 times
Quote:
Unequal biased hiring practices, abusive, killing and brutalizing black Americans at random...the list goes on

The USA is not a world leader...its a disgrace, a cestpool of racism and inequality.
I hear Afghanistan, Syria and Somalia have really loose policing. I’m sure a few of us would be happy to help buy the flight to send your unhappy a$$ to those lovely places. I’m sure they’ll welcome you with open ARMS.

Old 04-15-2021, 05:09 AM

1,961 posts, read 2,708,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
You don’t like what someone says so you assume they are a criminal. Typical.
And you actually believe you are smarter than others? Hahah.
Yeah, ha ha ha, I think I’m smarter than some others. Particularly you. Never been arrested or harassed by the police, nor has any of my family. If they were stopped, they complied and ended the encounter with no worse than a ticket.

The simple rule with police is if you comply, you will be fine.

Old 04-15-2021, 09:10 AM

1,265 posts, read 445,089 times
Quote:

So instead of ranting, what is you answer? Less police? Let citizens protect their own? More gun laws? Work passports (can only be on street to and from work), Let the criminals run the country? Come on let us know how to fix it.

Old 04-15-2021, 09:34 AM

4,958 posts, read 2,237,018 times
Quote:

I understand how one would feel this way if focusing on the micro fraction of police interactions that are exploited by the left and the media (redundant, I know).

In reality, the overwhelming, vast majority of police interactions are without incident, and many times, pleasant.

Of course, I prefer to act in such a way to minimize police interactions, but the interactions I have experienced were mostly what I made of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies