Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2020, 01:27 PM

1,031 posts, read 638,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snyper View Post
That's not quite true.

https://heavy.com/news/2020/05/georg...death-autopsy/
In a late evening press release on June 1, the Hennepin County Medical Examiner’s office stated that Floyd’s cause of death was “Cardiopulmonary arrest complicating law enforcement subdual, restraint, and neck compression. Manner of death: Homicide. How injury occurred: Decedent experienced a cardiopulmonary arrest while being restrained by law enforcement officer(s).”

They listed other significant conditions as “Arteriosclerotic and hypertensive heart disease; fentanyl intoxication; recent methamphetamine use.”

There were multiple causes for his heart failure.
When considering the logistics of law enforcement and arrest procedure banning a hold like this has some very interesting and real-world consequences

If we were to require officers to stop using any hold that has resulted in someone's death you would eventually find yourself in a scenario where you weren't allowed to restrain someone whatsoever

Furthermore in the days of such a serious communicable disease situation the theory that you can simply roll someone over and check their health is not necessarily as simple as it used to be

Once again I personally would roll someone over the moment they went limp under my knee understanding that there is a 95% chance that the individual was playing possum and plans to attempt to escape

I've had a few Decades of experience restraining people in the private security industry and professional mixed martial arts competition and I can say unequivocally that this hold does not and cannot result in asphyxiation under any circumstances

It's simply impossible to restrict someone's Airway to such a point that they asphyxiate from that position unless it was Andre the Giant kneeling on a little old lady and her neck would break before her Airway collapsed anyway.... Airway restriction would be associated with the crushing of the entire area.... that's not going to snap back after the pressure is relieved... you've got a spinal column and an entire muscle group + bone group in between your trachea and the knee!!

The fact is this hold down has dangerous consequences but asfixiation is not one of them especially when the person applying is is smaller than the suspect!!!!

Anyone in poor health and on a cocktail of uppers and downers (speedballing) could die as a result of ANY hold down imaginable so Banning the ones that look scary or resulted in Death Before is a slippery slope that will one day precipitate a new and much more difficult world for those of us who make our living in law enforcement or Public Safety

I just hope one day in my lifetime "news organizations" are called out for airing edited footage design to incite violence

If they do things like this (that so clearly show that they're a "fake news" Organizations) no one is going to believe their real stories about Russian election interference

"Fake news" is just a juvenile term for propaganda and we all know the story of the little boy who cried wolf don't we?

Last edited by Boer; 06-09-2020 at 01:36 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2020, 06:20 PM

As someone who is been a lifelong Democrat and a lover of black culture to the extreme there's no end to frustration when you see Black Culture manipulated to such a degree

"Hands up don't shoot" was rated as one of the Pinocchios of the year by POLITICO as the forensic evidence and video evidence proved that Michael Brown attacked the policeman that fired the fatal shots and was clearly guilty of criminal behavior

I am not offering judgement on Arberry and Floyd but I am offering a cautionary tale regarding the media presentation of the Unfortunate Events that have resulted in the death of unarmed black men at the hands of armed white men recently

Remember the Ferguson RIOTS were based on a lie

Remember who told you that lie

Remember who manipulated the black and privileged white communities to outrage

Don't forget the poor Angry whites that will react to this propaganda

Do you know how many poor angry white people there are?

Poor whites love donald trump who seems to hate the news because they are "out to get him"

Dirty Donald calls them "the fake news"

My communications professors called them propaganda

I refer to them as the for-profit media

"If it bleeds it leads"

Dont drink the race bait kool aid brutha, they work for the $ and who do you think has the $$

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hands_up,_don%27t_shoot

https://youtu.be/TZxEyoplYbI

https://www.politico.com/story/2015/...t-false-216736

Donald Trump will win because poor angry whites will react to the "fake news"

Old 06-12-2020, 06:28 PM

6,855 posts, read 2,843,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
They keep forgetting that part.

Please provide a link to this footage you say you saw.

That said - I can't think of one thing that would justify watching that man's life drain away after 8 minutes with a knee on his neck.

Me either.

Old 06-12-2020, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
Whether he was or wasn't resisting arrest isn't the point. Eventually the man was subdued. I'm the wife of a retired cop - when a suspect is cuffed and no longer resisting, the need to "get hands-on" is over. It's a done deal. Put him in the patrol car and get him out of there.

I've been talking to cops all day about this. They're angry and heartbroken by what they saw in the video.

A lot of cops are very upset about this here too.

Old 06-12-2020, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boer View Post
If someone can speak they can breathe!

did you know that?

Not true.

The lungs have what are called "Volumes" and "Capacities". The link describes all of them. For our purposes, you need to understand these two phrases: Functional Reserve Capacity (the amount of air left in the lungs after a normal exhalation) and Expiratory Reserve Volume (the amount of air you can still force out of your lungs after a normal exhalation).

When you take a normal breath you are breathing about 500ml of air. After breathing out, you are left with ~2400ml of air inside your lungs, this is the Functional Reserve Capacity. If you try to force out as much air as possible, you can still force out ~1200ml more air. This is the Expiratory Reserve Volume. This is air you are able to speak with even if you cannot take a normal breath. Important Note: Notice that the Expiratory Reserve Volume is more than twice the size of a normal breath. That is a lot of air you are able to force out, and a lot of speaking you can do even if you can't breathe.

The lungs work on negative pressure. So, your lungs, when you breathe in, are at a lower pressure than the outside air. This draws the air into them. This is caused by your diaphragm and intercostal muscles. Your lungs are very elastic, and will move back to their normal size during exhalation. This is where the problem begins for officers. If they are kneeling on a suspect, or have them handcuffed on the ground so that they are on their chest, there is a strong possibility that they can cut off the ability to breathe. Once the lungs begin to exhale, they collapse, but if they are being pressed down on by body weight, they may not be able to re-expand. They then continue to collapse, forcing out the Functional Reserve Capacity of air, but not drawing in a new breath. So, the suspect may be pleading for breath, they may actually be incapable of drawing one in, and the reason is the officer. If someone is saying they cannot breathe, officers need to believe them, because they might be killing them. What's more, during any kind of physical altercation, that person may be breathing deeply and rapidly, making their lungs collapse faster when officers are kneeling on them or holding them on the ground.

Old 06-12-2020, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
In this case, resisting arrest would likely be a misdemeanor, which is not a capital crime. In other words, Mr. Floyd resisting arrest did not warrant a death sentence.

Quote:
You sound like a very dramatic queen to me

A social justice drama queen

Mr. Floyd's unfortunate death was a result of the cocktail of Narcotics and poor health he was in

Anyone in decent Health would have survived that hold down

Nobody issued him a death sentence you drama queen it was an accidental situation you'd have to be an absolute moron to think that cop intentionally killed the man on camera

I quoted my comment to show what you were responding to. I was polite, and respectful in what I said. Disagreement is ok, of course. But being a dick about it is not ok.

Old 06-12-2020, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Not true.

The lungs have what are called "Volumes" and "Capacities". The link describes all of them. For our purposes, you need to understand these two phrases: Functional Reserve Capacity (the amount of air left in the lungs after a normal exhalation) and Expiratory Reserve Volume (the amount of air you can still force out of your lungs after a normal exhalation).

When you take a normal breath you are breathing about 500ml of air. After breathing out, you are left with ~2400ml of air inside your lungs, this is the Functional Reserve Capacity. If you try to force out as much air as possible, you can still force out ~1200ml more air. This is the Expiratory Reserve Volume. This is air you are able to speak with even if you cannot take a normal breath. Important Note: Notice that the Expiratory Reserve Volume is more than twice the size of a normal breath. That is a lot of air you are able to force out, and a lot of speaking you can do even if you can't breathe.

The lungs work on negative pressure. So, your lungs, when you breathe in, are at a lower pressure than the outside air. This draws the air into them. This is caused by your diaphragm and intercostal muscles. Your lungs are very elastic, and will move back to their normal size during exhalation. This is where the problem begins for officers. If they are kneeling on a suspect, or have them handcuffed on the ground so that they are on their chest, there is a strong possibility that they can cut off the ability to breathe. Once the lungs begin to exhale, they collapse, but if they are being pressed down on by body weight, they may not be able to re-expand. They then continue to collapse, forcing out the Functional Reserve Capacity of air, but not drawing in a new breath. So, the suspect may be pleading for breath, they may actually be incapable of drawing one in, and the reason is the officer. If someone is saying they cannot breathe, officers need to believe them, because they might be killing them. What's more, during any kind of physical altercation, that person may be breathing deeply and rapidly, making their lungs collapse faster when officers are kneeling on them or holding them on the ground.
You CANT talk if your being choked via an ocluded airway ....PERIOD

You CAN talk if your dying of a drug induced heart attack complicated by an extended legal police hold down

The cop got mad because a criminal was resisting arrest and a hostile crowd was heckling him so he maintained his position despite the fact that the criminal had passed out

Stupid cop+
Sick drug wacked crook
+CRIMINAL media incitement=riots

Riots precipitate MASSIVE poor white turnout for election hence TRUMP WINS!!!!

SJW/BLM CROOK HERO FAIL

Old 06-12-2020, 08:44 PM

Quote:
I quoted my comment to show what you were responding to. I was polite, and respectful in what I said. Disagreement is ok, of course. But being a dick about it is not ok.
You lost all credibility when you said

"Warrant a death sentence"

Do you ACTUALLY believe that the police killed the man on camera INTENTIONALLY or do you understand that media propaganda has conflated an accidental death with an EXECUTION carried out by a raciest cop?

You were extreemly rude to insinuate I supported an intentional murder as "punishment" for his nonviolent resistance

#SJW 101

Last edited by Boer; 06-12-2020 at 08:57 PM..

Old 06-12-2020, 08:55 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,335,750 times
Quote:
You CANT talk if your being choked via an ocluded airway ....PERIOD

You CAN talk if your dying of a drug induced heart attack complicated by an extended legal police hold down

The cop got mad because a criminal was resisting arrest and a hostile crowd was heckling him so he maintained his position despite the fact that the criminal had passed out

Stupid cop+
Sick drug wacked crook
+CRIMINAL media incitement=riots

Riots precipitate MASSIVE poor white turnout for election hence TRUMP WINS!!!!

SJW/BLM CROOK HERO FAIL
You know Boer you would do a lot better if you could listen a bit better. In fact your name should be Bore.

There is a very good discussion of all this on Snopes if you really want to deal with the reality. I doubt it.

The reports make it clear he died of the restraint by the cop though he was not asphyxiated. And he did not have a heart attack.

And if Trump actually tries to run on this issue he is done for... thank goodness.

Old 06-12-2020, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
You know Boer you would do a lot better if you could listen a bit better. In fact your name should be Bore.

There is a very good discussion of all this on Snopes if you really want to deal with the reality. I doubt it.

The reports make it clear he died of the restraint by the cop though he was not asphyxiated. And he did not have a heart attack.

And if Trump actually tries to run on this issue he is done for... thank goodness.
Your CROOK HERO is gonna backfire BIGTIME

all this crook worship is gonna EMPTY the trailer parks AND suburbs for trump!!!

You Starbucks people blew it BIG-TIME

The blacks wont vote for Biden with much enthusiasm...its just gonna be the privillaged whites

all the poor ones and business minded are gonna go ALL OUT for trump

HARDCORE

Likley also the business minded Hispanics and Asians also

Didn't you guys learn anything from Ferguson?

"Hands up dont shoot"

LOL@

#CROOK HEROES

1st Democratic (popular vote) win for republicans since 1989

SJW FAIL

4 MORE years of corporate prostitution with fake president trump
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies