Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2020, 12:30 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,412,952 times

Advertisements

Biden leads by 7 nationally.

5 months remaining until the orange clown’s exit ticket is punched.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2020, 01:04 PM

11,160 posts, read 7,964,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser Brody View Post
That's a wide ranging rant you have there. I do have two serious questions. How do you know he threw himself on the ground? Can you provide video of that? Thank you.
What does that even matter? He was already in custody and hand cuffed. The officers were in no danger at that point.. even had he gotten into a knockdown drag out fight with all three officers pervious. He was restrained and there was no reason for the actions of the police. You can’t kill someone....after the fact.

Old 06-06-2020, 02:22 PM

41,959 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boer View Post
Mr. Floyd's unfortunate death was a result of the cocktail of Narcotics and poor health he was in
Two autopsies disagree with this.

Quote:
I knew what I was looking at because I have many decades of professional experience
Ranting incoherently on the interwebs? LMAO

Old 06-06-2020, 02:31 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,450,610 times
Quote:
You sound like a very dramatic queen to me

A social justice drama queen

Mr. Floyd's unfortunate death was a result of the cocktail of Narcotics and poor health he was in

Anyone in decent Health would have survived that hold down

Nobody issued him a death sentence you drama queen it was an accidental situation you'd have to be an absolute moron to think that cop intentionally killed the man on camera
You sound like someone who likes to jump to conclusions and call people names when the fallacies of your statements are pointed out.

Police tactics need to take all types of people into account. If you had all this "experience" around this as you claim (which I doubt you do based on your comments), you would know that cops don't get a survey of their perps' health records before they decide whether or not to kneel on their necks for nine minutes straight.

Whether accidental death or not (for a jury to decide), the fact remains that the officer involved MADE A VERY INTENTIONAL CHOICE to kneel on his neck for about nine minutes, despite George Floyd already being handcuffed, incapacitated, and pleading for his life.

There is no way to justify this. The more you try, the less human you appear to be.

Old 06-06-2020, 02:33 PM

1,031 posts, read 639,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Biden leads by 7 nationally.

5 months remaining until the orange clown’s exit ticket is punched.
I really hope you're right because I hate Donald Trump with a passion but the exit polls and all the rumor Mills were wrong last time

All this prattling about black victimhood is going to empty the trailer parks in the suburbs and they're all going to be voting for Donald Trump despite what they tell you

Old 06-06-2020, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
You sound like someone who likes to jump to conclusions and call people names when the fallacies of your statements are pointed out.

Police tactics need to take all types of people into account. If you had all this "experience" around this as you claim (which I doubt you do based on your comments), you would know that cops don't get a survey of their perps' health records before they decide whether or not to kneel on their necks for nine minutes straight.

Whether accidental death or not (for a jury to decide), the fact remains that the officer involved MADE A VERY INTENTIONAL CHOICE to kneel on his neck for about nine minutes, despite George Floyd already being handcuffed, incapacitated, and pleading for his life.

There is no way to justify this. The more you try, the less human you appear to be.
I disagree with the officer's decision to hold the man down for 9 minutes especially after he seemed to go limp but the fact is if he was a healthy individual he would not have died from that hold down

I have many many years of experience and one thing I know for sure is that there's always going to be someone that has a Health crisis because they are being arrested

you can ban hold after hold after hold but sooner or later someone will die in whatever hold is still legal and at one point what will you be left with?

Floyd died because he was whacked out of his mind on drugs and had a bad heart. Because the officer had him pinned down

A healthy person would have survived that hold down although I personally would have never held him down that long

Old 06-06-2020, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
What does that even matter? He was already in custody and hand cuffed. The officers were in no danger at that point.. even had he gotten into a knockdown drag out fight with all three officers pervious. He was restrained and there was no reason for the actions of the police. You can’t kill someone....after the fact.
Do you believe because someone is restrained they are not dangerous to themselves or anyone else?

Did you know someone who gets up and runs into traffic while handcuffed can get people killed?

Old 06-06-2020, 02:38 PM

10,093 posts, read 6,433,756 times
Quote:
You sound like a very dramatic queen to me

A social justice drama queen

Anyone in decent Health would have survived that hold down

Nobody issued him a death sentence you drama queen it was an accidental situation you'd have to be an absolute moron to think that cop intentionally killed the man on camera
So you're a physician now? I'd like more than your opinion that "anyone in decent health" would survive being held down with a knee on their neck for over 8 minutes.

Last edited by Bungalove; 06-06-2020 at 02:56 PM..

Old 06-06-2020, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Sure, probably Inside Edition has a spin on it. So does Fox News, by the way, and no conservatives are condemning them.

Everyone can go look at the original unedited bystander video (it's all on the internet!), which runs about nine minutes and shows George Floyd already restrained and lying on the ground for most of it pleading for his life while Derek Chauvin ignores him and buries his knee into his neck.

George is a criminal who probably did resist arrest. But whatever circumstances came before this, it doesn't erase or excuse those FACTS of his MURDER, no matter how hard conservatives try.
Well I can't stand conservatives who are trying to spin things

I also can't stand liberals who were trying to spin

we need to look at the facts and only the facts and only render judgment after due process

The real Troublemaker here are News broadcasters who show you edited videos with agendas

By intentionally editing out the portion of the videos where the black individual does something they shouldn't have been doing you automatically create a narrative in which the Dumber folks out there and the people with agendas have an opportunity to spin or take the facts incorrectly

Every media Outlet including fake Fox News should be held accountable in a court of law for portraying a incident incorrectly

In this case I know in no one uncertain fact that Inside Edition and Court TV are trying to convince people that the black people are victims of institutionalized racism and I think they owe the nation a lot of money because they incited people to Violence by editing out parts of the video that made their black victims look less liable for the unfortunate circumstances that led to their deaths

Old 06-06-2020, 02:50 PM

11,160 posts, read 7,964,064 times
Quote:
I disagree with the officer's decision to hold the man down for 9 minutes especially after he seemed to go limp but the fact is if he was a healthy individual he would not have died from that hold down

I have many many years of experience and one thing I know for sure is that there's always going to be someone that has a Health crisis because they are being arrested

you can ban hold after hold after hold but sooner or later someone will die in whatever hold is still legal and at one point what will you be left with?

Floyd died because he was whacked out of his mind on drugs and had a bad heart. Because the officer had him pinned down

A healthy person would have survived that hold down although I personally would have never held him down that long
You wouldn’t do it because you know that there would be a good chance that it could kill even a healthy person.
The police murdered this poor man... no matter how you want to spin it. It only takes about 7-14 seconds to choke a person unconscious and 2 or 3 more minutes to kill them. 9 minutes... really? Pretty sure that a trained police officer.... is well aware of this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies