Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2020, 08:21 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,140,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
So you would rather have people looting and vandalizing than relaxing and swimming at the beach?

Do you always twist people's words like that? Is it deliberate, or do you just not understand my point?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2020, 08:25 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,808,661 times
Quote:
Why no outrage over the riots, yet when people go out to have fun it’s like they are the worst human beings ever?

Whenever there is an image or video posted of people having fun and hanging out at the beach or whatever, it always gets a bunch of comments that they are “selfish” and “idiots” and “they don’t care about their grandparents dying.” Same thing with the anti-lockdown protesters.

Yet I haven’t heard a peep from the usual suspects over the riots in Minneapolis and Los Angeles. They are gathering in large groups. They aren’t social distancing. They are doing the same thing as the “covidiots” except worse. Stealing, starting fires, violence, vandalism, you name it. People act like the anti-lockdown protestors are the spawn of the devil (maybe because they like white shaming?). But at least they aren’t breaking and destroying private property.

I guess my point is, why is there no outrage over the destructive rioters, yet when people hang out on the beach or a pool we hear things like “Darwinism at its finest!”
I don't like this anymore than I liked the white supremacists who protested at the MI Statehouse with their AK-47s because they didn't want to wear a public health mask when shopping.

Old 05-28-2020, 08:28 PM

29,817 posts, read 24,898,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Do you always twist people's words like that? Is it deliberate, or do you just not understand my point?

You just accused me in another thread of favoring outcomes where people are killed, because I called a US soldier who ran over a terrorist (didn't even kill him) a hero.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...ves-lives.html

Pot, meet kettle.

Old 05-28-2020, 08:30 PM

50,263 posts, read 47,023,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
LOL, but when Trump supporters in Michigan did it, that was baaaahhhhhhd. Keep parroting whatever lines your media masters on television are pounding into your warped mind.

Those are white sheep, careful, racist territory.

Old 05-28-2020, 08:57 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,648,053 times
If people are more upset about riots than seeing a man killed on camera..

you have issues.

Old 05-28-2020, 10:56 PM

29,817 posts, read 24,898,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
If people are more upset about riots than seeing a man killed on camera..

you have issues.

Who here is arguing which is more upsetting?

And because of the riots, another man is dead. And several more were injured.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...-protests.html

Old 05-28-2020, 11:00 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,665,061 times
What makes anyone think that liberals aren't outraged? Get your heads out of your narrow-minded partisan asses.

Old 05-28-2020, 11:01 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,095,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
What makes anyone think that liberals aren't outraged? Get your heads out of your narrow-minded partisan asses.
Look at social media

It’s clear how they feel about this

Old 05-28-2020, 11:03 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,630,499 times
Quote:
Why no outrage over the riots, yet when people go out to have fun it’s like they are the worst human beings ever?

Whenever there is an image or video posted of people having fun and hanging out at the beach or whatever, it always gets a bunch of comments that they are “selfish” and “idiots” and “they don’t care about their grandparents dying.” Same thing with the anti-lockdown protesters.

Yet I haven’t heard a peep from the usual suspects over the riots in Minneapolis and Los Angeles. They are gathering in large groups. They aren’t social distancing. They are doing the same thing as the “covidiots” except worse. Stealing, starting fires, violence, vandalism, you name it. People act like the anti-lockdown protestors are the spawn of the devil (maybe because they like white shaming?). But at least they aren’t breaking and destroying private property.

I guess my point is, why is there no outrage over the destructive rioters, yet when people hang out on the beach or a pool we hear things like “Darwinism at its finest!”
Where is your own outrage over the riots?

Old 05-28-2020, 11:05 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,630,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
I'm pretty outraged about the riots, and I'm a liberal. I guess you did not hear me muttering and kvetching over here.
Yet, many conservatives think they can speak on behalf of the liberals. NOT!

Last edited by StillwaterTownie; 05-28-2020 at 11:15 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies