Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2020, 06:03 AM

5,101 posts, read 2,047,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Actually, they are having an impact. They are destroying their own community and risking turning it into another Detroit.
I guess we should said now "take him to Minneapolis" instead of "take him to Detroit" like in "The Kentucky Fried Movie".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynY2begPzoM
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2020, 06:03 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,802,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I am not blaming Trump for the arrest, or the rioting, I am blaming him for mocking the Minneapolis folks and PD while this thing is happening. It is not helpful.

Triggered?
He also tweeted "When the looting starts, the shooting starts". Twitter marked the tweet as inciting violence. What a tantrum he must be having!

Old 05-29-2020, 06:04 AM

18,453 posts, read 7,081,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I am not blaming Trump for the arrest, or the rioting, I am blaming him for mocking the Minneapolis folks and PD while this thing is happening. It is not helpful.

Triggered?

How is Trump mocking the people of Minneapolis?

Old 05-29-2020, 06:05 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,700,705 times
Quote:
Actually, they are having an impact. They are destroying their own community and risking turning it into another Detroit.
Yeah....but that part of Minneapolis is NOT the black community. The black community in Minneapolis is the north side. The South Side is highly gentrified. Lake street has a lot of Latino business and other minorities, but many whites live in those communities. What is going on NOW is mostly by whites. I live here.

Old 05-29-2020, 06:07 AM

18,453 posts, read 7,081,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
He also tweeted "When the looting starts, the shooting starts". Twitter marked the tweet as inciting violence. What a tantrum he must be having!

It's a comment thats very open to interpretation.

Depends on who's doing the shooting.

And who's getting shot.

And why.

Commenting on something like shop owners defending their business or people defending their homes from looters and arsonists isn't inciting violence.

It's commenting on the what the existing violence is apt to lead to.

Twitter just already had their panties in a wad with Trump so now they're giving whiney raspberries.

Old 05-29-2020, 06:08 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,524,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill_Schramm View Post
Wow! I wonder if this story will have legs — if other news media will pick it up. On the face of it, the CNN reporters seem totally in the right. But then again, it was reported on CNN. I am a liberal and don’t dismiss CNN out of hand as an unreliable news source, but here they are reporting about themselves, so, in this case, that does raise some doubts.
I saw the video and the reporter did say that him and his crew would move to where they wanted them too. I’m not a CNN fan either.

Old 05-29-2020, 06:10 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,802,296 times
Quote:
Fox News would GTFO of the way in a New York minute when directed. Or set up somewhere where they are out of the way to begin with.
Did you watch what happened? They identified themselves as reporters. They kept asking where they should stand, literally said "we'll go wherever you tell us". They were NOT in anyone's way. Then the police arrested someone else's and CNN was filming it- that's when they got arrested.

They have been released. The governor referred to the arrest as "inadvertant". Odd word choice.

Old 05-29-2020, 06:11 AM

9,501 posts, read 4,332,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
We're watching this happen live. The reporter could not have been any more respectful or accommodating. He is also Black and Latino.

He refused to move. Neither respectful or accommodating, unless you thinking disobeying police orders during a friggin' riot is being respectful.

Old 05-29-2020, 06:17 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
How is Trump mocking the people of Minneapolis?
Publicly calling people "very weak" goes beyond mockery. It is childish and pathetic coming from the president. What's the point of such comments when its obvious they are doing all they can to contain the situation. He also said "when the looting starts, the shooting starts", which also comes across horribly childish.

I know you are a Trump apologist, but some things he says are seriously stupid. When you try to defend everything he says it tends to reflect poorly on you as well, because it means you condone/approve idiocy.

Old 05-29-2020, 06:20 AM

39,856 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Blish View Post
Well.... arresting an Afro-Hispanic news reporter might not have been the brightest idea given the context of this riot. . Somewhat like adding fuel to an already burning fire.

It appears that this is the Minnesota State police doing the arrest. Not the Minneapolis city PD.
Stealing, looting and arson are hardly limited to "Afro-Hispanics".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies