Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2020, 08:56 AM

3,749 posts, read 1,442,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser Brody View Post
For sure and the media will ignore that they destroyed their own buildings and will hop right back onto white man holding down black/brown folks again.
Agreed. However a white man did hold down a black man and killed him.

Old 05-29-2020, 08:57 AM

2,400 posts, read 754,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I hope Minneapolis doesn't end up going the way of Detroit. Minneapolis, economically, was doing well up to now.
Hard to believe it could be destroyed by a bad cop and an ignorant mob. Maybe freedom doesn't work for humans, maybe we just need more authority.

This? Aint working.

Old 05-29-2020, 08:57 AM

860 posts, read 321,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Here's a solution:

In police academies, train cops not to choke suspects to death. Pretty simple, really.
That has nothing to do with people burning down their own city. 99.99999% of people have already condemned those police officers. The process has already started to hold them accountable. They will see jail time. There is no RATIONAL reason to burn your own city to the ground, but then again, those morons are not rational.

Old 05-29-2020, 08:58 AM

2,949 posts, read 1,354,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruiser brody View Post
when moronic, idiotic, hateful, racist people decide they want to use a situation to loot, burn & destroy property, buildings and businesses that do not belong to them, the best long term course of action going forward is to not ever rebuild the businesses again. These fools are destroying their own communities. If they think that little of their own community, simply let them live with it. Never rebuild again. Do not repair the damage. When they run the police out of town, the police should never return again.

Let these degenerates sit in their own filth. They made their bed, them them lay in it. Let them have the type of horrid living they like to create.
+1

Old 05-29-2020, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmarkblue View Post
Agreed. However a white man did hold down a black man and killed him.
He sure did. And many more black men have killed other black men. No city burning over that. And as another thread stated, cops have killed over 400 white men last year. No city burning over that.

Old 05-29-2020, 09:00 AM

73,009 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoMan View Post
Hard to believe it could be destroyed by a bad cop and an ignorant mob. Maybe freedom doesn't work for humans, maybe we just need more authority.

This? Aint working.
More authority hasn't worked either. More people will lash out.

Old 05-29-2020, 09:02 AM

73,009 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
He sure did. And many more black men have killed other black men. No city burning over that. And as another thread stated, cops have killed over 400 white men last year. No city burning over that.
When Black people kill other Black people, they do life in prison. Cops often get off. Civilians who commit murder do not.

And this is the thing. I can leave a bad neighborhood and never deal with thugs again. I will encounter police everywhere I go, and the police are sworn to serve and protect. People expect better from police officers. When an officer abuses his/her authority to the point of murder, and then gets off, this is a problem.

Old 05-29-2020, 09:03 AM

15,071 posts, read 10,096,890 times
Quote:
Race aside...

A uniformed cop represents more than himself when he takes the life of another.

Murder between civilians is one thing, Murder committed by a police officer is a completely different matter.

I don't condom rioting and violence but I understand (very personally) the reasoning/cause behind it. It is when a community doesn't have a voice and is desperate to be heard. Plenty of white groups rioting in other countries... it isn't because they are white/black/whatever. It is because just like black communities in our country, they too don't have a voice and are desperate to be heard.

Old 05-29-2020, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
When Black people kill other Black people, they do life in prison. Cops often get off. Civilians who commit murder do not.

And this is the thing. I can leave a bad neighborhood and never deal with thugs again. I will encounter police everywhere I go, and the police are sworn to serve and protect. People expect better from police officers. When an officer abuses his/her authority to the point of murder, and then gets off, this is a problem.
Those cops are bad cops. They will spend time in jail. Everyone know that. There is a process to go through to convict them with the most aggressive charges possible. They will not be getting away with anything. Looting, rioting and burning down your own city does absolutely nothing to convict those cops faster or better. It just destroys your own city, cost tax payers (your neighbors) more and shows the world just how much of a moronic, loser, degenerate idiots they are.

Old 05-29-2020, 09:10 AM
exm

3,720 posts, read 1,779,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Here's a solution:

In police academies, train cops not to choke suspects to death. Pretty simple, really.

I'm okay with increased police training.

Another solution:
Don't break the law. If you don't break the law, you won't get arrested.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies