Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2020, 09:41 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmarkblue View Post
True. Plenty of mass shooters come from single mother households.
Yep. Children from single parent families
A 10 percent increase in the percentage of children living in single-parent homes leads typically to a 17 percent increase in juvenile crime.

The rate of violent teenage crime corresponds with the number of families abandoned by fathers.

Children from single-parent families are more likely to have behavioral problems because they tend to lack economic security and adequate time with parents.

"The absence of fathers is important, Obama continued, because "children who grow up without a father are five times more likely to live in poverty and commit crime; nine times more likely to drop out of schools and 20 times more likely to end up in prison."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2020, 09:45 AM

2,074 posts, read 1,353,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
So I tell you something that disproves the story you've just told, and your response is "no thank you. I'd rather keep spreading the lie?" Gotcha. Throw another one onto the trash Conservative opinions pile that facts won't change.

You didn't 'disprove' anything. How do we know this? By the actual statistics and data that are available to us about:

black on black shootings/murders
black on white shootings/murders when compared to the reverse

police shooting white people more than black people despite white people committing far less violent crime and having far less interactions with police despite being a much larger percentage of the American population.

Take your lies elsewhere it isn't going to work on me because I know the actual statistics and don't fall for the false media narrative.

Old 05-29-2020, 09:50 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Default His Name Was Tony Timpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronricks View Post
Cuffed and pinned to the ground. Knee to the upper back for 14 minutes. Mocked by police.
Rogue cops are a problem wherever, whenever and whoever they abuse/kill.

Trying to make this about the media is a big failure, since you linked to the media.

The REAL question is:

When will cops wake the hell up and stop this needless crap?

BTW, both of my brothers are cops. One recently retired, the other still active. They hate the criminals with a badge.

Old 05-29-2020, 09:51 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,111,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronricks View Post
You didn't 'disprove' anything. How do we know this? By the actual statistics and data that are available to us about:

black on black shootings/murders
black on white shooting/murders when compared to the reverse

police shooting white people more than black people despite white people committing far less violent crime and having far less interactions with police despite being a much larger percentage of the American population.

Take your lies elsewhere it isn't going to work on me because I know the actual statistics and don't fall for the false media narrative.
What false narrative? You believe that Black people only care about Black deaths when it's done by cops and they don't care when it's Black-on-Black crime. I told you that Black people get together about Black-on-Black violence more often and in greater numbers than they do for protesting police brutality.

So your position is that I'm lying about Black people doing more than you're giving them credit for? What would it take to convince you that Black people are more active than you want to give them credit for?

Old 05-29-2020, 09:53 AM

2,678 posts, read 1,700,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser Brody View Post
Correction. Only black lives matter IF they were killed by a white man. Evidently they do not matter if they are killed by someone of color, because the media never goes crazy over that. If the media truly cared and wanted to help, they would CONSTANTLY be highlighting they hourly killings of blacks by other blacks in these horrid cities.
Blacks killing blacks do get highlighted in the media all the time.

You don’t know what you’re talking about.

Old 05-29-2020, 09:53 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,557,261 times
Quote:
What false narrative? You believe that Black people only care about Black deaths when it's done by cops and they don't care when it's Black-on-Black crime. I told you that Black people get together about Black-on-Black violence more often and in greater numbers than they do for protesting police brutality.

So your position is that I'm lying about Black people doing more than you're giving them credit for? What would it take to convince you that Black people are more active than you want to give them credit for?
When was the last riot over black on black crime?

I'll wait.

Old 05-29-2020, 09:57 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,111,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
When was the last riot over black on black crime?

I'll wait.
Are riots the only way Black people are allowed to discuss an issue? B/c I doubt you're excluding all the marches against police brutality that don't include riots from your evidence that Black people only care when the violator is a cop.

Old 05-29-2020, 10:03 AM

5,981 posts, read 2,235,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Why would you think no one said anything? The point I made in earlier posts was the media doesn't publicize it. Since they don't how are people expected to hear about it?

lol As if you watch those stations much. If you did, you'd know they report it.

Because too many want to treat blacks like children and not hold them responsible. They ignore the facts that show us where the big problem is. The problem isn't inter racial homicide or cops killing unarmed people. The problem is blacks killing other blacks. Can't even discuss the reason why it is happening when it isn't recognized as a problem.

Chicago is evenly divided between whites, hispanics, and blacks, yet 75.3% of victims and 70.5% of offenders were African American.
I see more Fox News than you I bet. Working in hospitals means watching and seeing Fox News all day. Used to be CNN when I started training out of college but now solid Fox News. And yes I would have seen it and been reminded by 100 patients a day about it to be honest.

Chicago reminds me of what happens when you have horrible policies in a city for 60+ years then wonder why there is a problem. Chicago like most cities North and South, shoved the black folks into one section and wrote that area off. No new businesses for decades, no commerce because White folks wouldn’t dare shop in black areas in the 60’s, 70’s, 80’s, 90’s. And you see a community deteroriates to nothing by design just to here the people that designed the system complain of the results.

To me America is getting the results it sought with policies from the 1930’s onward. I don’t know how you change communities that were ignored by design for over a half a century.

I also don’t know how to change the minds of the people in the community either. Seems they are under the impression that American gave up on them, they have no money, no jobs in the area, so to them the only change they see is the calendar date.

It’s slowly changing but I don’t expect to undo decades of damage in 10 years. We are still not past the civil war, America drags crap out like no other.

Edit:
And yes I expect African American to shovel all their anger and frustration toward the country while digging out because to be honest it was American Policy that started this mess after reconstruction.

Last edited by Daryl_G; 05-29-2020 at 10:16 AM..

Old 05-29-2020, 10:05 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Not evenly and it's dishonest to imply that.
Nothing dishonest about the truth. The reaction becomes the news, as we are seeing today. If no one reacts, then news fade away.

Old 05-29-2020, 04:04 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,429,020 times
Quote:
If YOU don't care about it, why should we? You're okay being beaten and abused, so sit there and take it. Black people aren't. Don't get mad at us b/c we have the balls to stand up for our lives instead of cowering in the corner.
We don't have the mainstream media in our corner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies