Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2020, 04:06 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Nothing dishonest about the truth. The reaction becomes the news, as we are seeing today. If no one reacts, then news fade away.
You are putting the carriage in front of the horse.

And more importantly why is something that rarely happens a big deal? People wont touch that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2020, 04:12 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
I see more Fox News than you I bet. Working in hospitals means watching and seeing Fox News all day. Used to be CNN when I started training out of college but now solid Fox News. And yes I would have seen it and been reminded by 100 patients a day about it to be honest.

Chicago reminds me of what happens when you have horrible policies in a city for 60+ years then wonder why there is a problem. Chicago like most cities North and South, shoved the black folks into one section and wrote that area off. No new businesses for decades, no commerce because White folks wouldn’t dare shop in black areas in the 60’s, 70’s, 80’s, 90’s. And you see a community deteroriates to nothing by design just to here the people that designed the system complain of the results.

To me America is getting the results it sought with policies from the 1930’s onward. I don’t know how you change communities that were ignored by design for over a half a century.

I also don’t know how to change the minds of the people in the community either. Seems they are under the impression that American gave up on them, they have no money, no jobs in the area, so to them the only change they see is the calendar date.

It’s slowly changing but I don’t expect to undo decades of damage in 10 years. We are still not past the civil war, America drags crap out like no other.

Edit:
And yes I expect African American to shovel all their anger and frustration toward the country while digging out because to be honest it was American Policy that started this mess after reconstruction.
No money, no jobs? lol Stop with the nonsense already. The black UE rate was fairly low before corona virus hit. Not as low as before 1930 when black UE more often than not was lower than or similar to white UE.

When someone isn't properly raised they wont be proper adults. The high rate of single parent is the problem. More so in the black community than anywhere else. We know that children from single parent families earn less, are less educated, and commit crime at a much higher rate.

Old 05-29-2020, 04:14 PM

860 posts, read 321,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Maybe white people need to burn their neighborhoods to the ground and loot stores to get the media to support them???
I think they are much too smart for that.

Old 05-29-2020, 04:26 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronricks View Post
Cuffed and pinned to the ground. Knee to the upper back for 14 minutes. Mocked by police.

And yet...no national outrage. No rioting. No looting. Media didn't seem to care. Why? Because he was white. One of an estimated 400 white people killed by police in 2019 (exact numbers are hard to come by as most just list shooting deaths by police which were 370)

The media is making a fool out of a lot of people in this country with their selective outrage.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/tony-ti...-man-who-died/
"Media didn't care" and yet you link to cbs news, part of the fricken media.

Can you show us your social media posts that talked about this and spread it around last August? Can you show us your social media posts that talked about this and spread it around 3 years prior, when it actually happened?

If you want these stories to gain traction, then spread them around. That's how a lot of stories gain traction - not from the media, but by those on social media spreading them. Plenty of stories of black folks who have been killed that didn't get major attention from the media. Plenty of stories of many other people of all races getting killed that didn't get major attention from the media.

If you want it spread, then spread it around and get people talking. Stop relying on CNN to make it front page breaking news. We, the people, have more power than ever before to get stories out there front and center without waiting for the media to do it for us.

Old 05-29-2020, 04:26 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,327,650 times
Quote:
Black people killing other black people in extremely disproportionate numbers says otherwise. You don't care unless someone other than a black person does the killing. Same with the media. If what you are saying was the case there would be rioting and looting going on in Chicago, Baltimore, Detroit, and Los Angeles every week. You don't care unless the other person isn't black. Then you care.
another person that doesn't understand outrage. when black people kill other black people, the murderer goes to prison. when police murder black people, there's a good chance nothing happens to them.

Old 05-29-2020, 04:31 PM

3,606 posts, read 1,657,855 times
Untreated mental illness is not racial...cops don't understand it and kill...cannot compare to George Floyd...

Mentally ill are 16 times more likely to be killed by cops...they should be prosecuted to the max!!

https://www.treatmentadvocacycenter....w-enforcement-

Last edited by Fisherman99; 05-29-2020 at 04:40 PM..

Old 05-29-2020, 04:39 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Quote:
Cuffed and pinned to the ground. Knee to the upper back for 14 minutes. Mocked by police.

And yet...no national outrage. No rioting. No looting. Media didn't seem to care. Why? Because he was white. One of an estimated 400 white people killed by police in 2019 (exact numbers are hard to come by as most just list shooting deaths by police which were 370)

The media is making a fool out of a lot of people in this country with their selective outrage.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/tony-ti...-man-who-died/
So your problem is with the media and not the State agents who beat/kill innocents, regardless of color, with near impunity?

Old 05-29-2020, 04:43 PM

11,251 posts, read 11,022,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
When police murder black people, there's a good chance nothing happens to them.

That's because in the mass majority of cases across the US the lethal use of force by law enforcement is deemed justified, just like when police kill a white person. Or a Hispanic. Or an Asian.

There are some cops out there that are bad seeds. And there are cases when mistakes happen in the heat of the moment. But much more often than not, something occurs that validates use of lethal force.

Old 05-29-2020, 06:14 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,111,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
We don't have the mainstream media in our corner.
I can't figure out what point you're making with this comment...

Old 05-29-2020, 06:20 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,327,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
When was the last riot over black on black crime?

I'll wait.
again...do you understand how outrage works? "black on black" murderers go to prison...justice is always served. Are police murderers always sent to prison?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies