Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2020, 02:15 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Racial breakdown:

White 370

Black 235

Hispanic 158

Other 39

Unknown 202

Just sayin'........

When do the white riots start?

I could use a new big screen TV.
This is a stupid argument. You don't give the consequences surrounding the shootings/killings.

Myopic, simple minded thinking, dumbing down of America continues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2020, 03:17 PM

18,453 posts, read 7,081,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
another long winded "all lives matter" thread.

why not make a thread just about white people being killed by police and what you all are going to do to stop it? why is this only brought up when black people are mad about a police murder?

Because every time this happens, the media goes crazy, there's riots, looting and arson and no shortage of black people who act like white people never get killed by cops.

Old 05-29-2020, 03:22 PM

3,604 posts, read 1,655,075 times
How many white handcuffed guys died on their back from a knee to the throat for over 8 minutes though!?

Old 05-29-2020, 03:24 PM

860 posts, read 321,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remco67 View Post
your raw statistics don't take into account any actual analysis. Blacks make up only 13% of the population so are way out of proportion targets of Police Shooting. Now you can argue that Blacks also commit way out of proportion criminal acts thus placing themselves in positions to be more likely shot. And this would be a fair opinion to argue and study but these raw numbers do nothing.

edit: a t.v. is a bad choice prices keep coming down. iPhones are where the real money is at, can carry more and worth a lot more these days.
It’s true that around 13 per cent of Americans are black, according to estimates from the US Census Bureau.

BUT, according to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, black offenders committed 52 per cent of homicides.

So blacks disproportionately commit these crimes by a MASSIVE amount.

Black offenders committed 52 per cent of homicides

Old 05-29-2020, 03:26 PM

860 posts, read 321,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Per capita, Blacks get shot the most. I notice no one uses raw numbers when talking about Blacks committing murder.
Yes and they are shot by other black people much more than they are shot by any other group.

Old 05-29-2020, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
exactly, so at least you admit you are a hypocrite.

How so?

More whites get shot by cops despite commiting less violent crime and less resisting arrest than blacks.

Old 05-29-2020, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
This is a stupid argument. You don't give the consequences surrounding the shootings/killings.

Myopic, simple minded thinking, dumbing down of America continues.

I might tend to agree if the numbers changd significantly in different years.

I could be wrong.......but I'd be willing to bet they don't vary that much percentage wise.

Old 05-29-2020, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman99 View Post
How many white handcuffed guys died on their back from a knee to the throat for over 8 minutes though!?

I don't know.

I haven't researched them all.

But then again, the media doesn't pay nearly as much attention when a white person get killed by the police.

Makes the local news for a while, maybe a blurb on national news......but probably not.

Anyways, this thread isn't really about George Floyd either.

Old 05-29-2020, 04:11 PM

1,503 posts, read 606,716 times
Police is placed above the law.
No, I never voted for that.
Yes, payback to LEOs is long overdue.

And yes, when mob will start killing LEOs all I'd say would be "they begged for that for years".

Old 05-29-2020, 04:33 PM

2,078 posts, read 1,027,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanonka View Post
Police is placed above the law.
No, I never voted for that.
Yes, payback to LEOs is long overdue.

And yes, when mob will start killing LEOs all I'd say would be "they begged for that for years".

But they're laws democrats have made and instructed the cops the enforce but then they don't back it up with punishment or even attempted rehabilitation. How can you take any seriously when they're pro democrat? You get what you vote for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies