Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2020, 01:19 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,702,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
first off, u mad bro? what "little stats" are you referring to? the factual states that you dislike that came from the FBI website? are those the ones you're talking about? I think if anything, this is a "no lives matter" rant. the stats I posted were that black people kill white people at twice the rate of vice versa.
There are more white people to be killed, in the pool of potential victims. If you throw a dart at a board that is mostly white.....its going to land mostly on the white. It's called probability. If you have a black person and a white person playing darts and the board is mostly whites. The black person and the white persons dart is mostly likely to strike white. Now, of course, we don't live in an integrated society, totally, and proximity means that blacks kill mostly blacks and whites kill mostly whites, but a black person has a higher probability f coming into contact with a white person than a white person has the probability of coming into contact with a black person.

Old 05-29-2020, 01:20 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,748,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Why not? Shouldn't we all care about police killing people, no matter who they are or the color of their skin?

Prime illustration of white privilege. White people don't care because white people are not getting killed by police in proportionate numbers and/or for questionable reasons.
not sure I have ever heard of that. care to explain what you mean?

Old 05-29-2020, 01:21 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,112,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Why do white people think that since other white people don't seem to get upset when a police officer kills a white person, that black people also should not get upset when a police officer kills a black person?
Because it's not in their realm of reality. In their community it's "wow, the police killed someone!", while ther side is "Oh look, another dude got killed by the cops"...

Old 05-29-2020, 01:21 PM

15,525 posts, read 10,492,988 times
NPR (shocker) had a special last year about more whites being killed by cops. Can I name one? No. I do remember being really pissed off about an old man with a rake or something. I know this is a concern for people who's parents have dementia. Yeah, they cover whitey for a day, I hate the press. And, this doen't distract from black people being killed, they should cover it all is what I'm saying. Remember when that black ex cop in California went around killing other cops and maybe one of their family members (can't remember)? Fascinating how he was ratting them out. Anyway, that was unreal, the cops went around shooting at white and yellow people, talk about trigger happy dumb asses.

Old 05-29-2020, 01:23 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,748,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
There are more white people to be killed, in the pool of potential victims. If you throw a dart at a board that is mostly white.....its going to land mostly on the white. It's called probability. If you have a black person and a white person playing darts and the board is mostly whites. The black person and the white persons dart is mostly likely to strike white. Now, of course, we don't live in an integrated society, totally, and proximity means that blacks kill mostly blacks and whites kill mostly whites, but a black person has a higher probability f coming into contact with a white person than a white person has the probability of coming into contact with a black person.
there are more white people to be killed, but we aren't dealing with the entire population. we are dealing with those who are murdered.

Old 05-29-2020, 01:38 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,558,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
Wouldn’t have heard about Aubrey in Georgia if the police had their way. White folk get violated by police as well. But they don’t seem to report it and right-wing sites Hardly ever discuss it.

It seems white folk don’t trust the Feds but let local jokers and state run them over.

Black folk don’t trust any of them and the past two months might illustrate why.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Black people commit more crimes in proportion of their population which results in more blacks being killed in proportion.

The country is not racist, nor is there systematic racism against blacks.

People who believe this is racist and people who believe systematic racism against blacks are the real racists.

Old 05-29-2020, 01:43 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 3 days ago)

35,612 posts, read 17,940,183 times
So Austin used to have a really concerning problem with the police relationship to the black community, from some inexcusable interactions, where black leadership was justifiably angry.

Then there was an incident where a very very large mentally ill black woman, living in Section 8 housing, had tackled the landlord there (also a black female, much smaller) and was sitting astride her with a huge butcher knife raised in the air, poised to stab her. Police who were called to the disturbance shot and killed the woman with the knife.

Black leadership became enraged, and out if it came some thoughtful discussions.

Nelson Linder, in Austin, is eloquent, and worth listening to.

In an interview on talk radio, the question was asked: "in your community, will there ever be a justifiable Black shooting by police? Will there ever be enough cause to shoot?"

And Linder said, no, there won't. We don't have that luxury to sit back silent any time, ANY TIME a member of the black community is shot and killed by police. We HAVE to push back each and every time, to give the Police Force pause before shooting one of us, for any reason.

When asked what should have been done with the woman who was seconds away from stabbing her landlord to death, if not shoot her? Linder said basically, I'm not here to discuss that. That's not my issue.

I think that philosophy is continuing. The Black community can't allow any shootings of their people, for any reason, no matter how justified (as in the case of Michael Brown, for example) because to ease up at all they'd lose the ground they've gained.

Old 05-29-2020, 01:43 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,702,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
there are more white people to be killed, but we aren't dealing with the entire population. we are dealing with those who are murdered.
Those who are murdered come from the POOL of potential victims, which is the entire population. Again, its probability. There are more whites as potential victims to choose from. I don't know, but I would guess that at least 60% of black people have multiple interactions with white people in a typical day. I would guess the percentage of whites who come in direct contact with blacks everyday is much lower than that, because blacks are only 13% of the total population. Thus, if blacks kill in a crime of opportunity and blacks are much more likely to be in the proximity with many whites than whites are likely to be in the proximity of many blacks, it stands to reason, based upon probabilities, that blacks would be more likely to kill whites than whites were likely to kill blacks...especially given that the rate of homicide is higher among blacks than whites.

Old 05-29-2020, 01:44 PM

9,502 posts, read 4,336,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Black people commit more crimes in proportion of their population which results in more blacks being killed in proportion.

We have no way of knowing that for sure, since those stats are based on data compiled by the very institutions that some think are biased.

Old 05-29-2020, 01:47 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,365,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Prime illustration of white privilege. White people don't care because white people are not getting killed by police in proportionate numbers and/or for questionable reasons.
You are wrong. Whites ARE getting killed in disproportionately high numbers and for questionable reasons every bit as much as blacks. Stop getting your worldview from the mass media.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies