Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2020, 06:11 PM

14,228 posts, read 4,593,980 times

Advertisements

It's liberal Minneapolis. Can people open-carry in a deep blue state like MN?

I am pretty sure open carry is illegal in CA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2020, 06:31 PM

7,343 posts, read 4,368,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Keep living in your safe little bubble, Madison.
Nice deflection.

Again, what are the charges?

Old 05-29-2020, 06:36 PM

2,391 posts, read 1,406,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemdiver View Post
No "reasonable and sane person" would want to be a police officer which is why they only hire low iq thugs looking for a power trip.
The low IQ thing is true. Apparently, they give potential new hires an IQ test and if they score too high, they’re out. Ok, so the article is old, but I am sure this still happens.

Old 05-29-2020, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill_Schramm View Post
The low IQ thing is true. Apparently, they give potential new hires an IQ test and if they score too high, they’re out. Ok, so the article is old, but I am sure this still happens.
The self proclaimed high IQ guy probably was bitter because he got rejected by a police agency for other reasons other than "high IQ"

How do i know that? Police do not make you take an IQ test as part of the hiring process. Ive been a cop for over a decade with two different agencies and i have never heard of an IQ test requirement.

Old 05-29-2020, 06:54 PM

17,620 posts, read 17,674,997 times
Same thing happened in New Orleans after hurricane Katrina. People armed with guns legally were holding their guns to protect their property from looters, police confiscated their guns, their property were then looted.

Old 05-29-2020, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill_Schramm View Post
They don't want to invest training highly overqualified people because they get bored and leave, then the entire investment was a waste.

Do you want your tax dollars going to hire some certified genius, investing in him and then he quits because who knew sitting in the car all day with the light going so people don't run over the road workers or utility workers could be so boring?

Or would you rather they try to find the right candidate?

Old 05-29-2020, 07:04 PM

So nobody knows the actual charge here?

Old 05-29-2020, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
They don't want to invest training highly overqualified people because they get bored and leave, then the entire investment was a waste.

Do you want your tax dollars going to hire some certified genius, investing in him and then he quits because who knew sitting in the car all day with the light going so people don't run over the road workers or utility workers could be so boring?

Or would you rather they try to find the right candidate?
Police work can be dangerous, stressful, and controversial.....but boring? Heck no. If you work for a decent size PD, you have many options to work in other fields (SWAT, detective, school resource, PR, motorcycle, etc) if you are bored with patrol work. I used to work for LA Sheriff (largest sheriff in the world) and they have almost 100 different assignments.

Old 05-29-2020, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Police work can be dangerous, stressful, and controversial.....but boring? Heck no. If you work for a decent size PD, you have many options to work in other fields (SWAT, detective, school resource, PR, motorcycle, etc) if you are bored with patrol work. I used to work for LA Sheriff (largest sheriff in the world) and they have almost 100 different assignments.
And most likely neither of us are looking through the eyes of a certifiable genius...

And most of the landmass of our country has cops who don't have those opportunities.

Old 05-29-2020, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
And most likely neither of us are looking through the eyes of a certifiable genius...
One of my old assignments was a field training officer for new cops. I worked with guys with degrees from elite schools like UCLA and Berkeley. I also worked with guys with only a HS education. One of the worst trainees i had was a guy with an engineering degree from UCLA. He is booksmart and probably has very high IQ, but he has little common sense outside of that.

The best trainee was a 34 year old former bartender with an associate degree from community college. He has great common sense, and he was great under pressure, and he can talk to anybody even if they are hostile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies