Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2020, 01:40 PM

41,948 posts, read 75,144,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
Funny you can't smell it when it's coming from your direction......
Funny you don't know what the hell you're taking about. I'm not out protesting, nor do I condone group protests of any kind in the midst of a pandemic. I've been to work and to the grocery store. But thanks for your concern. LMAO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2020, 02:11 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,707,025 times
Coronavirus transmission remains high in much of the U.S. The virus is widespread and it is not going away. Yesterday, June 05, the CDC said that by June 27, 118,000 to 143,000 people in the United States will have died of covid-19.

“I still think we have a lot of cases to come. The continued spread was not inevitable and could have been stopped with sufficient testing and tracing" This from a former CDC adviser now a university professor.

Research shows that, as states have lifted restrictions, people have begun to move around nearly as much as they did before the coronavirus arrived. Anecdotal evidence suggests that people are no longer taking the risk of infection seriously. The director from the Center for Global Health attributes that to "people's misconceptions about the nature of epidemics, not knowing someone who has been sickened by the virus, and the mixed messaging from federal and state governments."

“All those things are adding up to a bit of a muddled situation,” he said. “It would be much better if we had consistent guidelines, consistent recommendations and if everyone were on the same page about the dire nature of this epidemic.”

Quote:
The coronavirus appears to be in retreat in regions that moved decisively to contain it after being hit hard, including New York and New Jersey. But the virus is persisting — and, in some places, spreading aggressively — in parts of the South, Midwest and West, including in states that were among the last to impose shutdowns and the first to lift them.
Quote:
23 states, as well as the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico, have seen an increase in the rolling seven-day average of coronavirus cases compared with the previous week. Most have registered an increase of 10 percent or more.
Quote:
The coronavirus map is, indeed, complicated at this point — as complicated as the virus itself, which can lead to the potentially lethal disease covid-19 or leave an infected person with no symptoms at all.
Quote:
Mississippi Gov. Tate Reeves (R) announced this week that the number of patients on ventilators in Mississippi hospitals hit a new high last weekend, and he warned that “the threat of covid-19 is as great as ever, if not greater.”

Florida on Thursday reported its highest number of new daily cases — 1,419 — since the state began providing such statistics in March, according to the Miami Herald. More than half the state’s cases so far have been in the South Florida counties of Broward, *Miami-Dade, Monroe and Palm Beach.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...mments-wrapper

At least
people have died from coronavirus in the U.S.
At least 1,909,000 cases have been reported.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...need-to-read_1

The pandemic remains real and is a grave public health crisis.

Old 06-06-2020, 02:16 PM

1,763 posts, read 2,045,946 times
covid ended up being no big deal.

even with lockdown over, cases have only increased <2%

no big deal.

I haven't heard any news about hospitals being overwhelmed, have you?

Old 06-06-2020, 02:18 PM

16,541 posts, read 8,584,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
I haven't seen much coverage lately.
When regular folks want to gather to redress their legitimate demands to get back to work, the left and their propaganda arm of the MSM want to call them every name in the book, and use draconian measures to stop them.
However when a bunch of leftist criminals want to loot, burn and murder, nary a peep from the left. Heck just look at how the two were covered.

The best example was when one of the top CNN guys was saying it was mostly a peaceful gathering as a police station was burning in the background of his live feed.

Where are all those D governors demanding capitulation and extending stay at home for more weeks/months, yet are out and about going to the protests.

It would seem that the same hypocrisy of the left applies even during a global pandemic, based on what your cause is, to determine whether they will try to put a stop to you or not.

`

Old 06-06-2020, 02:41 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,707,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh come on! View Post

no big deal.

Alabama and Mississippi have some overwhelmed health systems and hospitals. Parts of California are reporting overloading. South Carolina officials are concerned. Some Florida systems are transferring patients to other hospitals because of ventillator and bed shortage.

Old 06-06-2020, 02:44 PM

18,804 posts, read 8,462,725 times
Quote:

no big deal.

Banner a big hospital player in Phoenix is escalating quickly. In less than 2 weeks they are now in surge capacity of 125% with ventilated patients, and the short term outlook is not good.

Locally in our smaller AZ town we are seeing cases ramp up, but we can so far handle it. Our death rate is now worse than 10%.

Old 06-06-2020, 03:43 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Keep moving those goalposts with your long-winded rambling straw man argument.

It’s alarming that you would excuse rioting and looting over staying at home to slow down the pandemic. Common sense just isn’t so common I guess.

Go ahead and apologize to your elementary school teachers. You’ve brought them great shame.
I have to agree with Mircea here, Sweden isn't going as great as people think they really are. Sweden however is more of modern UK model than we are. They have a royal family but the control is largely with parliament and the PM.

That said I think you are wrong that you are saying Mircea excused riots and looting. I don't think that was anywhere in the posts. Yet I seem to remember you only used it with riots and looters and not the Operation Gridlock protests...

Old 06-06-2020, 03:50 PM

20,097 posts, read 8,998,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
We aren't. The unemployment rate was 3% higher due to a categorical error and who knows what means for U-6. Many people will not be able to pay for wants which will hurt the economy as demand goes down. Some places of business will not reopen, including potentially AMC Theaters
best news I've heard all day...

Old 06-06-2020, 04:12 PM

30,140 posts, read 11,765,050 times
Quote:

no big deal.

Yeah it just disappeared after a few days just like Trump said it would...

Yep no big deal unless you have a family member who is one of the over 100K that have died from it or you are one of the people who had to fight to survive it. There are still 1,000 people dying every day from it.

Seriously cases in Arizona have doubled over the past couple weeks. Cases are rising quickly in Texas, Florida, N and S Carolina and California. There are currently more states with rising cases than falling ones.

Not time yet for a victory dance.

Old 06-06-2020, 04:20 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,542,607 times
Quote:

no big deal.

I have not. Those who are hollering about thousands and thousands of bodies in the streets have plenty of pictures of, ostensibly, bodies in bags and coffins and boxes and trucks, but all I see are bags, coffins, boxes and trucks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies