Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2020, 01:49 PM

7,351 posts, read 6,504,570 times

Advertisements

Same as it's been for years. I had symptoms earlier, my mom did too. Instead of freaking out, making us get tested and telling us "good luck," our doctor (yes, same doctor as my mom, no, I don't live with them anymore, I just never changed doctors) prescribed antibiotics and steroids. We were both better in a few days respectively. But that's not the case for most people that go to a clinic or hospital as their first-line of treatment (you know the people that go to the ER for a mild stomach ache because they have no choice). For them, corona is assumed, and nothing is done for them until they're in really bad shape instead of treating it simply, and early.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2020, 01:59 PM

8,012 posts, read 10,589,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsyguam View Post
This isn't being enforced with the "protesters" therefore, it shouldn't be enforced with any other gatherings because it presents a hypocritical situation.

Absolutely right.

Old 06-10-2020, 02:00 PM

13,609 posts, read 9,644,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Bingo.
Social distancing is MANDATORY.

Face masks are MANDATORY.

Thou shalt not go to a restaurant. TAKE OUT ONLY

Thou shalt not get your haircut.

Thou shalt not live freely, we are all in this together.

** Fine print exception: The above rules don't apply if you are a protester, protesting racism. Then, feel free to congregate by the thousands, not social distance, and not wear your mask.
Don't forget:

* Thou shalt not go to the gym, lest your weightlifting be fatal to grandma.
* Thou shalt not go to the beach, lest your swimming murder the vulnerable.
* And if any of this irritates or constrains you, suck it up, buttercup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Sure they just should have arrested protesters with no masks in Minneapolis, easy solution. How are you going to enforce masks when beauty salons don’t follow the law.
In other words, strength in numbers, and might makes right? A solitary person who wants to go weightlifting, gets told to stay home. 10,000 people who want to scream and throw projectiles on the street? Hey, they're champions of freedom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
...Worst case would be if the local hospital can't handle all the cases, and patients have to be shipped out. A real sht show!
Worst would be if society overall takes a grievous hit, just to arrange matters, to accommodate those who need hospitalizations.

Old 06-10-2020, 02:03 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,067,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
sooooooo... is the COVID panic over now?

For the third day in a row, Texas sees record-breaking number of new cases.

https://twitter.com/JeremySWallace/s...28444226215936

Old 06-10-2020, 02:16 PM

8,012 posts, read 10,589,775 times
They are trying obviously and SO desperately, in spite of their "expert" approval to the blatant non-social distancing of those that are looting, destroying property, and rioting, to get back on track with the Covid threats, for the REST of us, of course.

They were so enjoying the power rush. They had the highest hopes of being able to push their rush-to-market "vaccine" on everyone. They thought they had us where they wanted us (the vaccine was going to be our "ticket" back to normal life again, to "allow" us to leave our homes, to worship again, and to gather in numbers larger than say, 10, people must be six feet apart at all times, blah, blah, blah), but in the wake of the corporate approved riots, that's been shown to be an absolute joke, and now too many people are questioning the validity of these "expert" sources. It's a fevered scramble back to the over-the-top scare tactics, with lots of help from the willing media.

People. Please, if you don't do anything else, ALWAYS QUESTION what in the world is going on!

Old 06-10-2020, 02:39 PM

5,067 posts, read 1,657,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
If a few thousand people jumped off a cliff, would you jump, too?
Good lord, what a dumb question that has nothing to do with the subject at hand.
But, to play nice, I am not jumping off a cliff even if the fake news media wants people to and I wont judge those that did; even though I'd laugh at them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
D'oh! Wear a mask. Don't pay attention to what anyone else does. Set an example. Be a patriot!

deflection to ME denied.

Unless you are upset with the "protesters" that aren't wearing masks and social distancing, your stance here is hypocritical.

Old 06-10-2020, 03:01 PM

10,348 posts, read 7,936,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matchroad View Post
Is the heat and humidity weakening the virus or not?
No, it is not. (As the increasing number of cases in the South (especially the Southwest), India, and Brazil clearly show.)

Old 06-10-2020, 03:04 PM

610 posts, read 262,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matchroad View Post
Is the heat and humidity weakening the virus or not?

Not if everyone is holed up inside with the air conditioning cranked. Interesting that all of the states experiencing increases are now in their Hades-level summer heat, which drives everyone indoors. Could possibly explain why these states weren't affected as badly early on and why northern states are now doing better. Just my armchair observation.

Old 06-10-2020, 03:08 PM

2,540 posts, read 1,027,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MI1287 View Post
Not if everyone is holed up inside with the air conditioning cranked. Interesting that all of the states experiencing increases are now in their Hades-level summer heat, which drives everyone indoors. Could possibly explain why these states weren't affected as badly early on and why northern states are now doing better. Just my armchair observation.

The sunbelts states are experiencing rises in cases due to the fact that they were very low to begin with compared to the Northeast. Even now, places like Texas, Arizona, and Florida and still having fewer deaths a day than the national average. The Northeast had such a high infection and death rate in back in April that they had no where to go but down and now their averages are more in line with the rest of the U.S. (could also be partly to herd immunity).

Old 06-10-2020, 03:20 PM

41,885 posts, read 74,938,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
our doctor (yes, same doctor as my mom, no, I don't live with them anymore, I just never changed doctors) prescribed antibiotics and steroids.
You need a new doctor. No self-respecting physician would prescribe antibiotics for a viral infection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsyguam View Post
Unless you are upset with the "protesters" that aren't wearing masks and social distancing, your stance here is hypocritical.
I'm upset with all the stupid, selfish people who refuse to wear masks. Golly gee, I sure hope that doesn't include you ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI1287 View Post
More armchair observation has to do with population density, use of mass transit, commuting patterns, etc. If you live and work in the same rural town in a sparsely populated area, you're not going to pass disease along to too many people, and few people from outside the area are coming in. Then you have a place like New York - densely populated, heavy use of mass transit, people commuting in and out of the city in a 2-hour or more radius, heavily used international airports, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies