Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2020, 12:20 PM

4,512 posts, read 1,868,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
Blue team bad.
At a minimum they are destructive, unhinged savages.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2020, 01:27 PM

73,050 posts, read 62,670,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Joe Young View Post
Add Omaha to your list:

Jean Stothert
Mayor of Omaha, NE
Party: Republican Party
Omaha has other problems too. Omaha had riots during the 1960s and early 1970s. It had a riot in 1919 where thousands of Whites ransancked a Black neighborhood. Racial tensions have been a major part of Omaha's history. North Omaha has alot of street gangs and that is where most of the violent crime in Omaha takes place. Nebraska, as a state, has one of the highest Black homicide rates in America. A Republican city in a Republican state.

Old 05-30-2020, 01:29 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,869,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The Phoenix valley is actually one of the reddest metros in the country.
Phoenix is a two county metropolitan area. Maricopa and Pinal County. The suburbs and exurbs are mainly in Maricopa County

Most of the suburbs and exurbs are in Maricopa County.

The city of Phoenix is heavily Democratic overall. Phoenix also has an amazing amount of violent crime.

Amazing, how on the evening news how it's just one crime story after another for the first 10 minutes and probubly 9 times out of 10 the news story is on the poverty-ridden Democratic city of Phoenix.

I love many of the suburbs here in the Valley and Arizona is a very interesting state. I rarely go into the city myself and pretty much everyone who I have known rarely goes into the city proper either.

The vast majority of suburbs and exurbs which there are many a vast majority are very heavily Republican.

A vast majority of the suburbs are very Republican. There are a few exceptions though such as Glendale, Tolleson.

Another poster said, Phoenix has a violent crime rate about twice the national average. That seems about what the crime statistics typically are.

Maricopa County has lots of excellent, conservative and incredibly safe suburbs. Some of which are some of the safest in the country.

The city of Phoenix though has a very high violent crime rate, very high rates of poverty, very high rates of excessive force used by police which many suburbs don't have that issue.

Since so much of Maricopa County outside of Phoenix has such low crime rates most of the best police officers work in places like Chandler, Gilbert, Surprise and Avondale.

Phoenix itself is internationally known for having one of the highest per-capita rates of excessive police force of any city in the nation.

Old 05-30-2020, 01:35 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,869,765 times
Quote:
Add Omaha to your list:

Jean Stothert
Mayor of Omaha, NE
Party: Republican Party
Omaha's riot was a broken window of a Target.

Compared to what was going on in Democratic Oakland and Democratic Minneapolis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79dWDLb0qBE

Old 05-30-2020, 01:49 PM

10,493 posts, read 4,054,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
No matter how much you try, it isn't going to convince me to vote Republican.
No, but if you continue to vote democrat when most of these unarmed black people being killed by police happen in democrat run districts, you are what Malcolm X would say, a traitor to your race!

Old 05-30-2020, 01:59 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,676,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The Phoenix valley is actually one of the reddest metros in the country.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
Phoenix is a two county metropolitan area. Maricopa and Pinal County. The suburbs and exurbs are mainly in Maricopa County

Most of the suburbs and exurbs are in Maricopa County.

The city of Phoenix is heavily Democratic overall. Phoenix also has an amazing amount of violent crime.

Amazing, how on the evening news how it's just one crime story after another for the first 10 minutes and probubly 9 times out of 10 the news story is on the poverty-ridden Democratic city of Phoenix.

I love many of the suburbs here in the Valley and Arizona is a very interesting state. I rarely go into the city myself and pretty much everyone who I have known rarely goes into the city proper either.

The vast majority of suburbs and exurbs which there are many a vast majority are very heavily Republican.

A vast majority of the suburbs are very Republican. There are a few exceptions though such as Glendale, Tolleson.

Another poster said, Phoenix has a violent crime rate about twice the national average. That seems about what the crime statistics typically are.

Maricopa County has lots of excellent, conservative and incredibly safe suburbs. Some of which are some of the safest in the country.

The city of Phoenix though has a very high violent crime rate, very high rates of poverty, very high rates of excessive force used by police which many suburbs don't have that issue.

Since so much of Maricopa County outside of Phoenix has such low crime rates most of the best police officers work in places like Chandler, Gilbert, Surprise and Avondale.

Phoenix itself is internationally known for having one of the highest per-capita rates of excessive police force of any city in the nation.
Its one of the most Republican metros in the nation. Period. You can save your 'ifs' and 'buts' for someone else.

Old 05-30-2020, 03:15 PM

563 posts, read 516,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
Omaha's riot was a broken window of a Target.

Compared to what was going on in Democratic Oakland and Democratic Minneapolis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79dWDLb0qBE

Omaha’s action last night was much more than one broken window at a department store.. multiple businesses along Dodge st from 72nd were vandalized with windows broken out and spray painted With graffiti. Pepper and gas bombs were initiated by police for several hours. Only 18 people were arrested. It could have been a lot worse. But with one thousand people protesting in the area, it was hardly one broken window at a Target store. This video will give you 2 hours plus of the flavor of what actually happened-

https://youtu.be/dgag7KXdy6M

Old 05-30-2020, 03:25 PM

563 posts, read 516,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Omaha has other problems too. Omaha had riots during the 1960s and early 1970s. It had a riot in 1919 where thousands of Whites ransancked a Black neighborhood. Racial tensions have been a major part of Omaha's history. North Omaha has alot of street gangs and that is where most of the violent crime in Omaha takes place. Nebraska, as a state, has one of the highest Black homicide rates in America. A Republican city in a Republican state.
I am an Omaha native. I’m well aware of our city’s urban plight, which seems to surprise many for some reason. In the 1960’s through 1970, Omaha had Multiple riots in its black community which were well documented nationally and still shows its scars today.. The one thing I’ll say, even though Omaha’s current mayor is a republican, before her, Omaha had 12 years worth of democratic mayors..and as a city, Omaha is hardly A “Republican City”.. It’s more of a 50/50 split- the more urban you go, the more democratic it becomes. The suburbs are more republican.

Old 05-30-2020, 03:30 PM

11,818 posts, read 5,811,315 times
We have a protest going on now in Buffalo,NY and you can watch it live. Mayor Byron Brown has already said that he expects outside agitators are expected to be there - hopefully it will remain peaceful but my cousin who's a police officer in one of the suburbs near the city border has already said they are on standby.

https://www.wgrz.com/article/news/bu...9-b55c7b2d8843

Old 05-30-2020, 03:33 PM

73,050 posts, read 62,670,561 times
Quote:
I am an Omaha native. I’m well aware of our city’s urban plight, which seems to surprise many for some reason. In the 1960’s through 1970, Omaha had Multiple riots in its black community which were well documented nationally and still shows its scars today.. The one thing I’ll say, even though Omaha’s current mayor is a republican, before her, Omaha had 12 years worth of democratic mayors..and as a city, Omaha is hardly A “Republican City”.. It’s more of a 50/50 split- the more urban you go, the more democratic it becomes. The suburbs are more republican.
Even with 12 years of Democratic rule, it's had a Republican mayor for the last 7. Omaha had 4 other Republican mayors before Jean Stothert came along. While Omaha has had Democratic mayors, it isn't like it's some Democratic bastion. Republican get elected more often in Omaha than other cities. And Black people still don't do that well. So far, as much I've criticized the South alot in the past, cities like Atlanta and Charlotte seem to have the most solid Black middle class populations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies