Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2020, 12:47 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,161,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fivenine View Post
There are plenty of people who are relatively in the middle of the political spectrum. Their voices are just drowned out by the far right and far left who are much louder.
People in the middle haven't found a great way to message themselves to the masses which is why you don't hear as much from them.
A lot of truth to this. The Republicans (Tea Party) drove all of the moderates out of office, which radicalized the Repub Party into hard right positions that turn off a lot of regular middle class people.

Here in California the majority of voters are not hard left or hard right; most are laid-back centrists. Once the Republicans radicalized most of them vote D now because the pro-evangelical anti-choice is very unpopular here. In other words, California turned solid blue because the Repubs abandoned the middle, and Trump made it a lot worse.

If the Repubs ever went back to the center they could easily turn my state purple or even pink.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2020, 12:49 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Does anyone else here not agree with everything their party supports?
I don't agree with either one, which is why I am independent.

Old 05-30-2020, 01:07 PM

4,021 posts, read 1,795,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Here in California the majority of voters are not hard left or hard right; most are laid-back centrists. Once the Republicans radicalized most of them vote D now because the pro-evangelical anti-choice is very unpopular here. In other words, California turned solid blue because the Repubs abandoned the middle, and Trump made it a lot worse.
I lived in CA for over 40 years and couldn't disagree more. You're welcome to your opinion though...
1) Centrists? Nope - left of center is the norm
2) The R party never 'radicalized'
3) The evangelicals were never a force in Cali
4) The Repubs never changed their stance on anything...the voters just kept moving left
5) Cali turned blue because of the influx of Hispanics, and the tech boom attracting the east-coasters, and other factors, the only way the Repubs could have kept voters would have been for them to turn liberal too....

Old 05-30-2020, 01:13 PM

24,598 posts, read 9,437,319 times
Yes, this is why I have never voted at any level.

Doing the same thing over and expecting different results is the definition of insanity. The government can’t and won’t save you.

The mayor of Atlanta, outraged over looting, said voting was the only way to change things. Clearly she was born yesterday. Is voting for Biden going to turn me into a white millionaire?

Old 05-30-2020, 01:39 PM

13,943 posts, read 5,615,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Yes, this is why I have never voted at any level.

Doing the same thing over and expecting different results is the definition of insanity. The government can’t and won’t save you.
For all the things people fear, the far and away number one cause of virtually all harm that ever comes to them is from government, yet they not only argue for its mandatory existence, but they annually feed and protect its hostile nature.

If you showed two slaves arguing that the master with the blue shirt who whips them on Saturdays is preferable to the master with the red shirt who whips them on Sundays, virtually anyone watching that would consider the entire conversation absurd on the face of it. Yet, those same people decrying that absurdity take part in the exact same conversation about politicians, parties, platforms, voting, etc and think nothing of it, just business as usual.

It's a remarkable thing really.

Old 05-30-2020, 01:42 PM

860 posts, read 321,433 times
I was brought up as a union democrat in an extremely liberal state. I lived the destruction that the democrat party reigns down on people. I grew up, wised up and got the hell out of that party. Do I agree with EVERYTHING the Republican Party does? Absolutely NOT. BUT, I DO disagree with EVERYTHING the democrat party does today.

Old 05-30-2020, 02:01 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,075,134 times
There's no law that states you must belong to or even agree with the parties , both have allowed the extremes to become their mouthpiece. Who says you can't be a conservative Democrat or a liberal Republican other than the extremists who claim your a traiter, RINO, or whatever childish name they come up with. What we all have is the right to think for ourselves and that they can't take away.

Old 05-30-2020, 02:04 PM

10,443 posts, read 4,030,967 times
HERE! In fact, I honestly don't have a party. I'm an independent registered voter, because so many of these politicians support stuff that I simply will not, or vice versa.

Old 05-30-2020, 02:12 PM

1,425 posts, read 663,047 times
Neither party represents "we the people anymore". We just allow them to paint us into corners.

Old 05-30-2020, 02:56 PM

1,417 posts, read 733,577 times
I have voted Republican or third party my entire life. The only Democrat I supported what Paul Tsongas. In general, the Republican party sickens me with there liberal stance on so many issues. Like the Democrats they are pro-open borders, see no ill in sending our manufacturing overseas, work to depress wages and have allowed the courts to legislate from the bench, there really is little to like in the Republican party. But the real reason I vote Republican is because, as a person of partial color, I find to be thee only party truly open to minorities, and value minorities not as minorities but as individuals and people. The Republican party is truly about giving a man a hand up and not a hang out.

The Democratic party on the other hand is the party of divisiveness, innate racism, genocide, and above all plantation politics. The Democratic party is all about keeping the masses down and promotes policies of dependence. I blame the Democratic party for deliberately sabotaging the education system, devaluing the lives of all people through their celebration of abortion, and TOLERANCE for violence in democratically controlled cities.

Like I said, there is little to recommend the cowardly Republican party. For the most part they are bunch of cowardly punks who talk a good game but do not exhibit a shred of courage in what they deceitfully claim is there convictions.

In contrast the Democrats are testicles to the wall, full on fighting for their values: murdering innocent children in the womb, using the education system for deliberate dysfunctional social degeneracy, government dependence, and racial, ethnic, and social class divide. Democratic make this man of color sick to his stomach with their degeneracy and hatred of the black man. Republicans sicken me with their weakness. But of the two major parties, I find myself voting Republican because while they may be an effeminate, pathetic party at least they are not innately racist and against upward mobility of the masses, especially between ethnicity and race classes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies