Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2020, 10:19 PM

1,663 posts, read 1,055,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Many of these liberals are too young to remember the Ferguson and Baltimore race riots under Obama

Imagine that, race riots under a black president and black attorney general.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2020, 10:22 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Many of these liberals are too young to remember the Ferguson and Baltimore race riots under Obama
And what was the speech Trump gave versus the speech of Obama about these riots. Obama tried to mitigate them. Trump has done nothing but incite.

Old 05-30-2020, 10:23 PM

73,009 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Cannot STAND Trump but the riots are not his fault.
I'm not blaming Trump for this either. This problem has been a perpetual problem. Riots happened in the 1960s. They happened in the 70s, 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s, and now, 2020.

Old 05-30-2020, 10:27 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,449,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
I would love to hear from Democrats on why the riots are Trumps fault.

Please be specific.
I don't blame him for the riots, but I do blame him for his response to the riots.

Taking firm action with police or national guard to maintain security is logical and fine, but a responsible leader would take seek words to de-escalate and ask people to protestor peacefully, etc. The message is "we will act forcefully if needed, but we don't want more people to get hurt."

Donald's response instead is essentially a "go ahead, make my day" goading of protesters and stoking of violence. When the Preaident says "when the looting starts, the shooting starts," that is not exactly tactfully put; it's basically gasoline poured on the fire.

When the rabble hear him say this, do you think it makes it more or less likely that they stand down? There's a good likelihood that things wouldn't be as bad at this point of he took a less confrontational approachat.

But he doesn't, because he feels hell-bouns to exploit this to fit a very Neanderthal image of "tough" leadership in his pea brain.

Just because the rioters are bad doesn't make Donald's response good.

Old 05-30-2020, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterful_Man View Post
Imagine that, race riots under a black president and black attorney general.
We've had race riots under White Presidents, both Democrat and Republican. I don't know what your beef is with Black people, but the race of the President, and the political part of the President, is not relevant to why those riots keep happening.

The first major riot where Black people rioted, 1935, in Harlem. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harlem_riot_of_1935

Birmingham, Alabama had a riot in 1963. Black people rioted in response to Dr. King's home, and a Black-owned hotel being bombed, allegedly by the KKK. Kennedy was President at the time.

Alot of riots occurred during the Johnson administration (Summer of 1967). Riots occurred when Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, and Bush II were President. Minneapolis had a riot in 2002, when Bush II was President. Who the President was had nothing to do with it.

Old 05-30-2020, 10:42 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,518,770 times
Trump's response to these riots mirrors his response to the Coronavirus: make an already bad situation worse.

Old 05-31-2020, 12:00 AM

8,337 posts, read 2,963,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
And what was the speech Trump gave versus the speech of Obama about these riots. Obama tried to mitigate them. Trump has done nothing but incite.
Mitigate? What a joke. Obama encourages cop killing. And if he had a son he’d look like Trayvon Martin. What POTUS talks like that during the heat of racial incident?

A Trinity Church member that quit And distanced himself from the church.

Old 05-31-2020, 12:02 AM

32,068 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
Mitigate? What a joke. Obama encourages cop killing. And if he had a son he’d look like Trayvon Martin. What POTUS talks like that during the heat of racial incident?

Ok, so what has Trump said to help this crisis

Old 05-31-2020, 12:02 AM

I haven't thought once about Trump, until Trump decided to take to Twitter. The riots, I don't blame him for. Riots have been occurring in America from day one.

Old 05-31-2020, 12:10 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,339,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
You are wrong, riot-breath. Most Democrats blame Trump not for the riots but for doing nothing to improve race relations in the three 1/2 years he has been President. Glad he has enough time to work on his golf game.
What did Obama say when BLM wanted to kill cops? Not a damn thing! Democrats aren’t saying a damn thing today. In fact their silence is condoning it.

I never heard one Democrat even attempt to improve race relations in my entire life. Now it’s Trumps fault? Lmao y’all crazy AF!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies