Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2020, 07:32 PM

9,471 posts, read 10,808,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Well, it depends. I got jumped and mugged in an otherwise nice suburban area. I now live in a of 200,000 people. I saw a rally today regarding George Floyd. It was peaceful when I saw it (I live a block from where the rally was held). I just hope it stays that way.
Here in Tennessee it started peaceful. Mostly local, no problems. Last night however they became violent in Nashville when they tried to burn down a courthouse. In Knoxville they broke windows in Market square.

Everyone has the right to peaceful assembly and protest. No one has the right to destroy property. I suspect outside agitators are stirring up the violence around the country. Actually I believe it is Antifa who is coordinating it. Disgusting behavior.

Old 05-31-2020, 07:57 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
At least one of the Protesters threatened it. What would be the response to burning and looting of private homes in suburbia? Imagine HOA communities descended upon by Protesters and treated like they treat their own neighborhoods. Would police continue to stand down?
It would be like this....

https://twitter.com/danielc4liberty/...28266843922432

Old 05-31-2020, 07:57 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,177,347 times
Already there...in our neighboring suburb right now. SMH.

Old 05-31-2020, 09:23 PM

19,029 posts, read 14,209,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh come on! View Post
why the hell would I defend my home???!

I would take my valuables and leave the rest.

Insurance will cover everything else.
In reverse, relying on gambling (underwriting) to pay off in a widespread SHTF situation is highly unlikely. I can recall after the Agnes Flood of 1972, a large number of insurance companies that went BUST rather than pay off the flood victims. Only those with federal flood insurance got any compensation.
. . .
Take your valuables? LOL. You'll lose them quick - as you pay off / bribe your way past predators.
. . .
Unwillingness to defend one's home is a sure sign that civilization is collapsing. Frankly, only upon your own land can you 'pursue happiness' without the permission of another. A right undefended is a right that is lost.

In the 'old days', folks knew how important defending one's home was. That's why owners could inflict capital punishment without trial as in shooting trespassers on private property. Or perhaps you think that "Private property - no trespassing - trespassers will be shot," means something else?

TRESPASS - To commit an unlawful injury to the person, property, or rights of another, with actual or implied force or violence, especially to enter onto another's land wrongfully.

TRESPASS - An unlawful interference with one's person, property, or rights... Any unauthorized intrusion or invasion of private premises or land of another. Antkiewicz v. Motorists Mut. Ins. Co., 91 Mich. App. 389, 283 N.W. 2d 749, 753
- - - Black's Law dictionary, Sixth Ed. P. 1502

PREMISES - Land, the buildings on it, or both the land and the buildings on it.

Old 05-31-2020, 09:40 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,414,967 times
In Miami last read, arrested 57 people, only 13 from Miami, lol.

Old 05-31-2020, 09:45 PM

24,636 posts, read 9,464,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh come on! View Post
why the hell would I defend my home???!

I would take my valuables and leave the rest.

Insurance will cover everything else.
Because it’s cheaper and faster to defend your home than to wait for an insurance claim process.

I swear some of you people have never ever filed an insurance claim before.

Old 05-31-2020, 09:58 PM

224 posts, read 310,750 times
The south suburbs and NW Indiana suburbs of Chicago are currently being targeted.

Old 05-31-2020, 10:05 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,593,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
At least one of the Protesters threatened it. What would be the response to burning and looting of private homes in suburbia? Imagine HOA communities descended upon by Protesters and treated like they treat their own neighborhoods. Would police continue to stand down?
That would be pointless and dangerous. Continuing to attack police precincts, banks and media outlets would be a far more effective use of manpower. (Were I in charge of a violent uprising in theory)

Old 05-31-2020, 10:09 PM

12,387 posts, read 8,155,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
That would be pointless and dangerous. Continuing to attack police precincts, banks and media outlets would be a far more effective use of manpower. (Were I in charge of a violent uprising in theory)
Well assuming that your force is being eaten away by attrition as in actual combat. If you force was a bunch of non essential workers sitting at home under lockdown with the limited arrest and detainment they could literally stay on the battlefield until the government cheese runs out.

Old 06-01-2020, 02:24 AM

4,905 posts, read 2,058,623 times
Heck, I live in one of the most Far Left places in the country... Metro Seattle Area. In my neighborhood, it’s manly mainly professional Blue and White Collar families of every color that wouldn’t take to kindly to any unusual groups of people... Black, White or whatever casing our houses.

I can basically tell that most everybody owns several firearms and a lot of us are combat veterans from past and current wars.

Antifa would get their collective @zzes handed to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies