Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2020, 01:36 PM

8,957 posts, read 2,559,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
He's in the hospital in stable condition.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-man...-attacks-video
Good, so he'll live to learn his lesson and next time he'll use a gun.

Old 05-31-2020, 01:40 PM

4,067 posts, read 2,274,211 times
Quote:
Here's what I CAN'T believe. That everyone else has their mouth full of marbles, oh you know, insurance, he should have brought a gun, why is anyone surprised, bla bla bla

That's what I can't believe.

What a bunch of pantywaists in this thread.

This man was beaten to death, or nearly to death and will be paralyzed, and I'm THE ONLY ONE WHO CARES. Besides the person in the video who called 911.
Yep! True and very disheartening.

My heart goes out to this man and many others who were killed and hurt during these so-called “peaceful’” protests. I get that people are hurting, but I cannot even fathom that they want to retaliate by hurting/killing others.

Old 05-31-2020, 01:59 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,017,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
What word were you going to use that isn't allowed here?
LOL.. think about what you just asked.........

Old 05-31-2020, 02:00 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,118,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
If he stays inside the store and pops people as they come through the broken window they will only throw a Molotov cocktail inside and burn him out, then they'll do to him exactly what they did in the video. Can't win. The only people who might pull this off is a family-owned business where each member is armed with AK's. I think that would cause the mob to think twice before messing with their store.
If you fire the shotgun into the cluster of the mob, they will disperse and flee for their life. Perhaps that's questionably legal, but I doubt anyone will be prosecuted given circumstances.

Old 05-31-2020, 02:02 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,177,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
First off, the man is alive and in stable condition. Thank goodness.

However, as more information comes out, we learn more and more about what really happened.

#1. The man is NOT a store owner. Just a guy that lives nearby. He claimed he was trying to protect some of his favorite local bars.

#2. Unlike the the video you posted in your OP, the FULL, unedited video shows this man had a machete in his hand, and he charged a group of young men that looked like they were about to loot a bar.

So, while the attack was horrific and those boys should be arrested and charged, the way many far-right conservatives are trying to paint him as an "innocent white store owner being viciously attacked by savages," that is not true.

The man beaten was actually the aggressor in the situation, and according to witnesses that spoke to local news this morning, the man actually swung his machete at one of the kids, which is when they attacked him.

I hope files are charges against all involved.
Thank you. Charge them all.

Old 05-31-2020, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
The rioting and looting have nothing to do with George Floyd. Nothing. He was just a convenient excuse.

RIP Mr. Floyd.
If Floyd was the "excuse". then he is the cause...........

Old 05-31-2020, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
See now you are lying. Whites have been rioting and arrested for throwing homemade bombs but yet people such as yourself claim only black people are rioting. Those types of lies are part of what causes these problems.
you care to explain to me why most videos of the violence show almost entirely black people.....?

Old 05-31-2020, 02:06 PM

Quote:
He's in the hospital in stable condition.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-man...-attacks-video
Quote:
The man was carrying the machete to “allegedly protect his neighborhood from protesters,” police said, according to WFAA-TV. He confronted protesters while holding the machete and was then assaulted.
Charge them all, including him. He was the aggressor and they took way it too far.

Old 05-31-2020, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
you care to explain to me why most videos of the violence show almost entirely black people.....?
Many of the videos I have seen have different races of young people looting, torching cars etc. Lots of whites involved. This incident involves mostly black people though.

As said before, this isn’t just racial but economic and political as well. Floyd was simply the catalyst.

Old 05-31-2020, 02:18 PM

3,973 posts, read 5,772,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Why didn't he have a handgun? This is Texas right? Shotgun, AR or something with mob stop capability. Now he might be in a coma.

Well it's one thing to have a gun and another to know how to use it. Maybe the guy was too afraid he'd accidentally shoot himself on the foot during a situation like this or something. Or worse, get disarmed and then shot by his own weapon which can happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies