Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2020, 04:32 AM

17,306 posts, read 12,228,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Listen - if this was an ordered curfew due to violence in the area and people were told to stay in their homes - I agree with it. Ya'll laugh and joke about Karens except when you can use them to promote your agenda.

Even if this wasn't about curfew - if authorities tell you to get in your house - I'm going to get in my house as obviously they know more about what's going down out in the streets.

My uncle was one of the worst cops you'd ever want to meet. He not only abused the citizens he was suppose to protect but his own family and there was nothing we could do about it because his buddies were the brass but I don't hold that against all cops because 99.9% of these guys are out there doing a job that you and I won't and they are doing it because they are trying to help society and make a difference.
A “Karen” is a woman that uses the government to bully someone. Someone resisting government bullying is not a Karen.

The Blue Wall of Silence has to come down and those 99.9% good guys need to root out the bad...today. If they say they are few it implies they actually know who is bad and tolerate them. There are a good number who were merely bullies who made a career out of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2020, 04:48 AM

11,770 posts, read 5,781,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
A “Karen” is a woman that uses the government to bully someone. Someone resisting government bullying is not a Karen.

The Blue Wall of Silence has to come down and those 99.9% good guys need to root out the bad...today. If they say they are few it implies they actually know who is bad and tolerate them. There are a good number who were merely bullies who made a career out of it.
To me a Karen is that nosey neighbor who puts their 2 cents in where it isn't wanted. Rules don't apply to her - only everyone else - so our definitions are different.

I'm not saying that the good cops shouldn't root out the bad - but often as was in my uncle's case - when the top brass are just as bad - there is no place for the good cops to go.

We went though hell with my uncle - guns pointed at us - false arrests - ect.. but the majority of cops are not like that. Don't think you can educate me because I've been there and back buddy.

Old 05-31-2020, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
To me a Karen is that nosey neighbor who puts their 2 cents in where it isn't wanted. Rules don't apply to her - only everyone else - so our definitions are different.

I'm not saying that the good cops shouldn't root out the bad - but often as was in my uncle's case - when the top brass are just as bad - there is no place for the good cops to go.

We went though hell with my uncle - guns pointed at us - false arrests - ect.. but the majority of cops are not like that. Don't think you can educate me because I've been there and back buddy.
Bull. No place to go? They are an armed force. If the top brass is corrupt the 99.9% good should stage a damn mutiny. They’ve even got a union to discuss such matters without brass there.

Old 05-31-2020, 05:31 AM

247 posts, read 243,587 times
Wouldn't it have been more accurate if your Post title had read

Police firing on people on their own front porch in suburbia with paintball gun???

Old 05-31-2020, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KYBob View Post
Wouldn't it have been more accurate if your Post title had read

Police firing on people on their own front porch in suburbia with paintball gun???
More descriptive, sure. But a long winded title. Neither a paint ball gun, bean bag, tear gas spray, rubber bullet, nor lead is warranted in this scenario. Nor is the go inside order. The only danger on the street was the police.

Old 05-31-2020, 05:48 AM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
Go inside
*stands there filming
Get inside now
*stands there filming
get in the house now
*stands there filming
Go inside - alright light em up
*goes inside, starts crying

Old 05-31-2020, 05:50 AM

15,064 posts, read 6,167,490 times
That was completely unwarranted and unlawful. My goodness.

Old 05-31-2020, 05:52 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
No one would believe it unless there was a good reason and I don't believe twitter necessarily either. Don't believe everything you read even if you fact check which I wonder if you did?

Old 05-31-2020, 05:57 AM

11,770 posts, read 5,781,921 times
Quote:
Bull. No place to go? They are an armed force. If the top brass is corrupt the 99.9% good should stage a damn mutiny. They’ve even got a union to discuss such matters without brass there.
When the top brass are as bad as he was - I don't blame any of them for not stepping forward as they needed their jobs to support their families. Believe me we tried with our politicians and the local news - no one would get involved because they said it was a family dispute. Until you walk in my shoes - don't give advice.

Old 05-31-2020, 06:03 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,034,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsyguam View Post
I support law enforcement and am pretty happy I live in a fairly rural area at this point, however if a see a flash mob coming towards my area, I will be using force to defend myself and my property ass I am willing to face the consequences.
Yeah, my first urge when I see one of them "flash mobs" doing their choreography is to gun them down
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies