Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2020, 10:29 AM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times

Advertisements

The president said that "mayors and governors must establish an overwhelming law enforcement presence until the violence has been quelled." Otherwise he'll call in the military to protect citizens.

Common sense, really.

But these Dem cities are massively in debt and when cities are destroyed they get money, our tax money, from the Feds (skimming some off the top for themselves, of course).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2020, 11:27 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I live near a very wealthy neighborhood. A lot of those people have armed security so I wouldn't be surprised if a few people got shot if this goes on much longer. It might get the Demwit mayor to resign if we're lucky.
We just moved into a more rural type of neighborhood away from metro Detroit. While we aren't wealthy, many of my neighbors seem to be, the house kitty corner to us has got to be 8000 square ft, and there are several down the block like that. So , if things head this way, it will be interesting how it plays out. We all have 2 acre lots so the riot..., I mean protesters will have their work cut out for them.

Old 06-02-2020, 11:44 AM

8,168 posts, read 3,127,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
After seeing this stupidity spreading across the country, frankly I'm pi**ed and disgusted. WHY are we letting a relative handful of violent morons burn, loot, destroy homes and businesses, and murder innocent people? There are 330 million people in this country, mostly good, decent people in this country-on both sides of the aisle. Why are we dividing each other and complaining on an internet forum. Why aren't all the good, working people in our cities standing up to the thugs and savages (of every race and background) destroying their lives, their homes, their businesses? Why are so few of our 80 million law abiding gun owners (and I include myself in this) not on the front lines, protecting the innocent and their property. Why are we letting our media and our politicians get away with treating these violent savages with deference and respect?

This needs to end. We need to stop allowing spoiled, violent thugs to take over our cities-and our nation.
The answer is simple/obvious. Take a look at who the local government leadership is. These are the politicians who help illegals more then they help those who are actual American citizens. These same politicians don't work with ICE. The same politicians who tip off illegals of upcoming raids. The same politicians who want to let illegals vote in American elections. Same politicians who want individuals in prison to be given the rights to vote, and most recently want to give American tax dollars to illegal immigrants during the coronavirus pandemic bs.

Yes, these are all the same local and state government leadership that has no idea how to stop the violence, looting, rioting. And they're all the same one's on the news every night over the past several days begging the protestor, looters, rioters to stop destroying everything in their cities and towns.

Let this current situation be a reminder of the deficiency in local and state government leadership. They have absolutely no clue! California is just one example of such. I live in the SF Bay Area and most, if not all mayors within a hundred miles of San Fransicko have absolutely no real leadership skills. They only talk the talk. They don't walk the walk.

Old 06-02-2020, 11:45 AM

20,459 posts, read 12,381,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
You talking about the bicycling community?
no. these people are to be hated.

Old 06-02-2020, 11:56 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Actually, you do, it's just that the biased Media never reports it, unless they've been scooped because a video went viral on social media. Daniel Shaver would be an example. He was in shorts and t-shirt, on his stomach crawling on a hotel hallway floor, because police told him to do that. He was clearly unarmed, defenseless, and incapable of attacking anyone, but police shot him anyway.
And, he had committed no crime.
That's also a very good example of very bad policing and a really bad police department.
Only one person gives commands, the senior officer or the lead. Everyone else needs to keep their freaking mouths shut.
It's a natural human response to become disoriented and confused when 4-5 maniacs with guns are screaming conflicting commands at you, even more so when you've done nothing wrong.
Yes, there's a difference between "I was sitting in my hotel room having drinks with friends" and "I just robbed a convenience store."
I hate to even think about that case...and for a jury to acquit the cop and restore his pension; what they were thinking? But blacks are shot and killed by cops at a much higher rate (proportionately) than whites. This data only covers shootings:

Quote:
Although half of the people shot and killed by police are white, black Americans are shot at a disproportionate rate. They account for less than 13 percent of the U.S. population, but are killed by police at more than twice the rate of white Americans. Hispanic Americans are also killed by police at a disproportionate rate.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...nline_manual_9

Old 06-02-2020, 04:48 PM

14,400 posts, read 14,306,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Henry View Post
The rioters and looters are the best of what liberals and liberalism has to offer. Liberal politicians and celebrities cheer on and support these animals. When you vote for leftist liberals, these are kinds of things that happen as a result. Liberals know how to fuel the flames and create the circumstances for the animals to create mayhem. Trump needs to clean house and get rid of all these liberals politicians and the criminal element that they support and encourage. When the liberal disease is eliminated, it will allow us to salvage what is left of the country and constitution.

Frankly, it wouldn't both me if Trump became a dictator. I would much rather have a dictator with sensible policies than elected Democrats with insane, crackpot policies that reward the lazy and the criminals of society.
Either this is a joke or YOU are.

Old 06-02-2020, 04:55 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,523,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I hate to even think about that case...and for a jury to acquit the cop and restore his pension; what they were thinking? But blacks are shot and killed by cops at a much higher rate (proportionately) than whites. This data only covers shootings:
Only if you use the wrong measure of proportionality. Hint, "by population" is the wrong measure.

Old 06-02-2020, 05:13 PM

2,869 posts, read 1,150,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by santafe400 View Post

Typically whites judge black people based on their outward appearance, attitudes, behavior and demeanor.
Typically blacks judge white people based on the color of their skin
Exactly. Let's not let truth get in the way of a good story or narrative, though...

Old 06-02-2020, 05:20 PM

2,066 posts, read 901,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
What bothers me maybe the worst was we were just getting through the China virus, things were starting to open up and get back towards normal. People were getting excited and optimistic about the future, with getting on with their lives. Then this. Violent thugs ruin the future for so many. They destroy the businesses that had barely managed to survive the government-mandated shutdowns. They take that hope away from so many.

Shampeachment in the house right after the Mueller hoax reported no collusion.
Covid-19 happened the week after shampeachment failed.
The rioting/looting occurred just as US Covid-19 deaths looked to be dropping to under 1000/day.

Starting to see the same pattern I am ?

Old 06-02-2020, 05:40 PM

2,066 posts, read 901,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I've heard endless numbers of black analysts say things like, "They're not looting. They're just expressing their opinions."

From the Baltimore Mayor, 2015: "... we also gave those who wished to destroy space to do that as well,” (Stephanie) Rawlings-Blake said of the protesters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies