Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2020, 04:47 PM

52,199 posts, read 52,629,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
The impetus of this thread is quite insane.

Just saying.
Of course it is.

Old 05-31-2020, 04:50 PM

19,609 posts, read 12,206,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
If you flip everything to be white instead of black, people here would be screaming racism. A black guy can spew the drivel in the op and no harm no foul. Personally getting a little tired of the dual standards of conduct in this society.

The sad thing is is that nobody apparently doesn't think it's a problem that there is lower expectations of conduct for black people.

The bigotry of low expectations.

I saw that video I was f ing outraged. I mean just completely outraged that would happen to anyone.

I guess I'm not allowed to protest because I'm a white boy.

Ludicris.
But white people don't organize these massive protests when it happens to a white person, why not be as outraged then to take to the streets? It's like they wait for the Angry black people to start something, and then just kind of join in and be angry too. It doesn't seem authentic. It feels more like identity politics and virtue signaling. The anti-government anarchists there causing havoc are more authentic in their motives than a lot of white people at these protests, who would tolerate a lot of bad behavior from the police if it were to benefit them personally. Someone like Central Park Amy would be out there, we all know it and we all saw her threat to sic a cop on a black man.

Old 05-31-2020, 05:10 PM

25,118 posts, read 16,198,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
No one said that she was lying. However, living here in ground zero.....I think I have a little better perspective than she does.

In the end, as I said, this whole thing will have said have been rooted in the "black victim mentality". People really do not believe there is a problem with police. Yes, they know there are bad apples in the police force, but they don't think the bad apples pick on blacks any more than anyone else. So once again, they see this as blacks playing the victim, the race card and overreacting.....which they see as the root of the problem. It's, in America's opinion, the attitude and behavior of blacks that must change, not the police, not whites.

Yes, we know that the usual looting will take place when protest by blacks, over police shootings, will occur. That will be blamed on blacks...and rightly so. However, the magnitude of the overall damage and disruptions being caused, HERE IN MINNEAPOLIS, has been amplified by whites. Let me also add, however, that the majority of whites, as with blacks, are peacefully protesting.

Someone said it better than I did. Entities are hijacking this situation and grievance of blacks.....for their own agendas. I certainly do not have a problem with whites participating in black causes......I just don't want their behavior and opinions to end up overshadowing black behavior and opinion.....when, ultimately, the black cause will be discredited because of it.
Let's assume you knew Mr. Floyd, or live in the same or a similar neighborhood.

What has the Minny/St Paul leadership CHANGED since Philando Castile?

Are there any "good cops" that patrol your area and engage the citizens?

If there aren't any "good cops", have the "bad cops" been reported to the Police Chief? To your City Council person? To the mayor?

In your experience, what % of the cops in MN/STP may not be black man killers, but hassle black folks without cause?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies