Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2020, 09:51 AM

23,563 posts, read 12,535,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
This is a domestic, state issue. Trump can't do anything without invoking total martial law on the entire nation. Posse Comitatus Act and a few other regs/precedents prevent the federal government from being heavy handed in these situations. Same goes for quarantines, lockdowns, etc.

It's funny that the OP hates Trump with such singular ferocity, but in this thread hates on him for "abdicating" his role as tyrant and not declaring rule of one across the US. That is the gripe about his "failure" with COVID...not being a total dictator and doing it sooner. That is the new current gripe about rioting across the country...not enough dictatorship coming from DC.

He is so universally hated, and apparently, one of the main reasons is because he is neither fast enough nor totalitarian enough when windows are breaking across America. It's the strangest irony...like, OMFG, he has to go, we hatez him so much...but while he's here, that dude needs to step up the dictatorship brutality instead of being a sissy!

If you freaking statists didn't have inconsistent, incoherent thinking, you'd have no thinking at all.
He may not be able to do that without Congress. Oh wait, where are the Dem Congress critters? Seems that they were the ones to abdicate their positions. They had been refusing to show up to vote long before these riots broke out. Choosing instead to stay at home near their sub zero freezers that are stocked with expensive ice cream. They are cashing their paychecks while refusing to do their jobs.

Old 05-31-2020, 09:52 AM

12,039 posts, read 6,570,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
As if burning down your own cities and neighborhoods is going to make people vote Democrat.

You might want to check the political makeup of Minneapolis........
LOL — CNN and other dem media is trying to spin fake news that it’s being caused by white supremacists trying to incite a race war....
O’Brien the National Security Advisor stated there is no evidence of that, but there is evidence that Antifa has been organizing some of this.

Old 05-31-2020, 09:53 AM

2,774 posts, read 902,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Trump is hiding under his blankee during all of this. He sees his chances of staying in office circling the drain, and he has no idea how to salvage it. I think even God has had it with this buffoon being in office and is sending a strong message to his voters.
Assuming you voted for and support Barracks Hussein Obama, the first mixed race president, can you tell me where he was the night of the September 12, 2012, when the Benghazi debacle unfolded? Was he hiding under his "blankee"?

Old 05-31-2020, 09:53 AM

2,391 posts, read 1,406,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
YOU are the one that is blaming him for inaction.

Other than go out on the front lawn of the White House and confront the protesters like you mentioned earlier (not reality based), what would you like to see him do?

You are the one pushing your hate Trump narrative. Don't be so openly lazy in your own thread.
Look, I am a simple civilian. I am not running for president. I am not his speech writer. It is not my job to say what the president should be doing. Just like it is not my job to prove to Christians that a God doesn’t exist. The burden of proof is on them. Similarly, the burden of “proof” here is on you.

I can say however that I sure as hell know “FAIL” when I see it.

If you support him so much, why don’t you tell me all the great things he has been doing to help solve our various national crises in the past few weeks or so. Something besides: “Well, Hillary would have been worse.” Or “the Left is ruining our country!” Or he is breaking ties with some country or organization or other. What are some positive and effective things he has done recently?

Old 05-31-2020, 10:03 AM

11,251 posts, read 11,025,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill_Schramm View Post
If you support him so much, why don’t you tell me all the great things he has been doing to help solve our various national crises in the past few weeks or so. Something besides: “Well, Hillary would have been worse.” Or “the Left is ruining our country!” Or he is breaking ties with some country or organization or other. What are some positive and effective things he has done recently?
There are many other links I can post, but this one is pretty thorough.

https://www.promiseskept.com/timeline/#

Old 05-31-2020, 10:04 AM

16,215 posts, read 11,335,819 times
Quote:
If you support him so much, why don’t you tell me all the great things he has been doing to help solve our various national crises(?) in the past few weeks or so. Something besides: “Well, Hillary would have been worse.” Or “the Left is ruining our country!” Or he is breaking ties with some country or organization or other. What are some positive and effective things he has done recently?
It is not the role of an "activist" government to micromanage our affairs in the name of some supposed (and unattainable) "greater common good" -- that flimsy excuse has been raised by losers and wannabe tyrants from time immemorial.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 05-31-2020 at 10:26 AM..

Old 05-31-2020, 10:07 AM

10,456 posts, read 4,040,143 times
Quote:
The Trump Presidency is over.

We have a pandemic, an economic crisis and now civil unrest and all Trump does is tweet and golf. He has essentially abdicated his office.
ROTFLMAO! Nope. If anything, this is all going to help him win now. All of this crap happening, is in democrat controlled cities and districts, and the people there are becoming wise to what is really going on!

Old 05-31-2020, 10:11 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,920,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
As if burning down your own cities and neighborhoods is going to make people vote Democrat.

You might want to check the political makeup of Minneapolis........

The people would vote for ANY Republican except Trump if the GOP would just nominate him. But the Repubs haven't the courage to run somebody alongside him. But I think that's the only way the Repubs can hold the Presidency. Wait until it gets really hot, like 105+. These riots will explode and carry through right until the election. Trump hasn't got a snowball's chance in hell.

Old 05-31-2020, 10:12 AM

2,391 posts, read 1,406,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
ROTFLMAO! Nope. If anything, this is all going to help him win now. All of this crap happening, is in democrat controlled cities and districts, and the people there are becoming wise to what is really going on!
That was not my point or the point of the article. Poster #5 or whatever who does not get it. It has nothing to do with who is going to win in November. It is whether the person who is currently in the role of president is actually being a president.

Old 05-31-2020, 10:12 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,752,027 times
the guardian huh? what's the matter, you couldn't find a better source, like the enquirer?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies