Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2020, 03:51 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,522,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
I think the images people will have in mind are the stores being looted, burned, and innocent bystanders being assaulted. Oh, and dead ex-cops lying in a pool of their own blood.
Exacty.

The image of police on horseback is akin to the cavalry finally arriving. Relief.

Old 06-03-2020, 04:18 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Lot of whistling past the graveyard by Trump supporters these days.
Biden is a JOKE. You Communists better get another nominee FAST. Plus people have seen through the Virus SCAM and the Fake Racism stunt. It only makes Trump's chances better. People don't like having their economy crashed by Democrats.

Old 06-03-2020, 04:20 AM

11,780 posts, read 5,792,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
It could well be that Trump's Bible stunt marked the moment his Presidency officially ended.

The image of soldiers on horses riding down and attacking people on foot is not an easy one to forget.
For people that already hate him maybe - now had that been Obama - you would all be like - look at those savages - protect the President - mow them down. These discussions are actually a joke because most Trump Haters will always be Trump Haters and nothing he does will get a positive response. Where as, - as much as I dislike Obama - I'll give the guy kudos where he deserves them - few anti Trump supporters do.

I have no doubt that Trump will actually win in 2020 - people have more sympathy for the people who's lives have been ruined than the gentleman that these protests are for and they will speak volumes on election day. All the protesting - all the riots - good people have had it. We want to get out and start living again - not be in our homes because of curfews.

Old 06-03-2020, 04:27 AM

30,432 posts, read 21,255,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
You’re right, America was just a utopia before Trump showed up.

Joe Biden is the messiah coming to save us. Another rich white man.
Get real neal. It was down hill since Bush1 was in office with his failed war and record oil prices and even worse with Bush2 and his 2 failed wars and record oil prices and even worse yet with Obama and his forced healthcare.

Old 06-03-2020, 04:45 AM

2,391 posts, read 1,405,814 times
Quote:
So do you feel like the Democrats schemes worked? Was it worth wrecking the economy and causing civil unrest, and multiple murders?

Do you say, "well done?"

So, let me get this straight. You think all of this is a result of Democrat “schemes”?!?!

Do you ever try reasoning with yourself? If you think the Democrats are so powerful that everything that we are experiencing now is somehow the result of their plotting, then what does that make Trump? Someone who is not in control and not able to stand up to his enemies in any effective way. But I bet you don’t think that. I bet you think he is doing just fine. Or at least that is what you affirm. But you can’t really have it both ways.

Also why do you need to find someone to blame for everything? Do you not realize that the world is an extremely complicated place filled with accidents and conflicting agendas —even within the same party? Do you not realize that there are systems and processes in place which transcend human actors?

I maybe wrong, but I suspect that finding a scapegoat (it’s all the Democrats’ schemes) gives you a sense of power and stability that you would otherwise lack.

Old 06-03-2020, 04:47 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,429,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill_Schramm View Post
So, let me get this straight. You think all of this is a result of Democrat “schemes”?!?!

Do you ever try reasoning with yourself? If you think the Democrats are so powerful that everything that we are experiencing now is somehow the result of their plotting, then what does that make Trump? Someone who is not in control and not able to stand up to his enemies in any effective way. But I bet you don’t think that. I bet you think he is doing just fine. Or at least that is what you affirm. But you can’t really have it both ways.

Also why do you need to find someone to blame for everything? Do you not realize that the world is an extremely complicated place filled with accidents and conflicting agendas —even within the same party? Do you not realize that there are systems and processes in place which transcend human actors?

I maybe wrong, but I suspect that finding a scapegoat (it’s all the Democrats’ schemes) gives you a sense of power and stability that you would otherwise lack.
Never let a crisis go to waste. -Democrat Proverb

Old 06-03-2020, 04:58 AM

57,271 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Never let a crisis go to waste. -Democrat Proverb
I don't blame Trump for the riots but he is a failed leader and out of his element. We have people out of work, riots and the worst president in history to handle the response. Just about every president has a catastrophe on their shift, claiming this is some sort of democratic plot is childish. Trump is incompetent, was that photo op supposed to convince us of his ability.

Old 06-03-2020, 05:10 AM

30,432 posts, read 21,255,233 times
Trump sure beats the last few before him. Goodnite nurse.

Old 06-03-2020, 05:42 AM

78,409 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Looks like BLM is going to fail again.

The people controlling the most abusive police forces have once again managed to blame the whole thing on:

1) A few bad apples.

2) Everyone else that has no control over how the city operates it's police force.

3) Try to make it sound like it's a "new phenomenon" due to Trump.

In a year Trump will be gone and these police forces will be operating business as usual with maybe a new mayor or chief...who took full retirement and moved on.

BLM will continue to fail because they are too easily politically subverted.

Old 06-03-2020, 03:14 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
You won't find me supporting the oratory skills of Trump. Problem is he has always been the same. No decline. Always bad.

Biden was good and is now in rapid and precipitous decline. It is elder abuse.
^^^ This absolutely false. If you look at prior videos of Trump - he was MUCH more coherent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies