Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2020, 09:31 AM

17,303 posts, read 12,239,198 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
Your view is not consistent with sex. He's much larger and several times stronger than her. As a stranger, he's persistently harassing her in an isolated area and after she very clearly wants him to stop.

Pulling a gun is not applying lethal force. It's the threat of such if should his aggressive behavior advance to physically aggressive behavior. You can't even correctly articulate that legal difference.

Anyone who is harassing another against their will and after being told to stop, but especially a stranger, is under suspicion of mental / emotional instability and their further actions cannot be predicted. They are a threat and doing what is necessary to psychologically deter a physical attack is warranted.

There was every reason for fear for the reasons I prior described.

If you don't see that, then your social calibration is well off the normal mark. Or, as I before described, you merely have a political interest in protecting your compatriot beyond all universal reason and understanding of social interactions.

In the long run, your view will not prevail in society. You'll only succeed in widely ostracizing yourself and any group that continues to propagate your view. Because those types of interactions will eventually go very wrong, at a statistically measurable rate, in terms of the harassing man physically victimizing the woman.
You shouldn’t threaten to kill someone without that person threatening someone else with force. How in the world is that controversial? Doing so makes you the threat to be taken down.

Someone calmly requesting that you follow the law is not a sign of mental instability.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2020, 09:43 AM

11,343 posts, read 16,697,527 times
A crowd tries to block my Jeep, drop it into 4WD and floor it.

Old 06-01-2020, 09:51 AM

17,303 posts, read 12,239,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Arrested for what? No one was hurt. And he didn't barrel toward protesters. They were on the side of the road. No way that charge will stick.
Assault. The road was closed.

Old 06-01-2020, 09:52 AM

8,105 posts, read 6,749,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Reginald Denny waited until they attacked him. I don't know how old you are bu this was live nationwide and it's been seared into the brains of people my age.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM8Y6uPH-R4
I totally remember the Reginald Denny incident. It was horrific to watch. In my state you can shoot someone who is attempting to break into your car while you are in it. I’m guessing that would be the way to go instead of running them over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies