Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which is your opinion?
For the most part, America’s police do a great job of protecting people and catching criminals. 161 69.40%
There is systemic and widespread abuse of blacks and minorities by Americas police. 71 30.60%
Voters: 232. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2020, 03:58 PM

1,049 posts, read 653,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
So, you think that people who don’t believe there is widespread police abuse against blacks are from storm front?

They are not just regular American conservatives?
I do think there are several regular American conservatives and as someone who is slightly left of center, I appreciate the perspective of all sides. I would expect somewhat of a right lean on here because you have a lot of real estate agents, businessmen, and even some law enforcement/military which tend to consist of people who tend to vote Republican more often than not. I live in Ruby Red Western Kentucky so it is not like I don't hear the conservative pleas of the day. With that being said the amount of absolute racist posts I have observed has increased at a fairly rapid rate. I have been on here mostly lurking since 2015 and I have noticed a change from 2015 to now on this forum.

Posts about the DNA of black people being more deficient versus white people, people who openly wish for police or the national guard to shoot protesters, nearly every day seeing a topic such as "So-so hates white people" "So and so states that white people stink". Stuff that even my hardcore Trump Supporter Facebook friends from Kentucky and Tennessee do not post and topics that even they would not touch.

With that being said there are likely a few of our posters that have emerged from the depths of the far-right and hence more of these posts that have moved from the controversy of the day to just blatant White-Nationalist propaganda
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2020, 04:05 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,707,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
*This might help some people here understand c-d a little better... And how we ended up with so many of these ......individuals here. And why it is pointless to engage with them unless you are calling them out for exactly what they are. (now you know)

'Another neo-Nazi site, Stormfront, is shut down
https://techcrunch.com/2017/08/28/an...-is-shut-down/
There might be some truth to that, but I have been encountering the same attitudes since I started using bulletin boards and forums. This is common, from my experience the last 15 years. Honestly, and the most disturbing part about it was that it was not a large percentage of posters being very racist, but there was a majority of posters who did not challenge what they said. However, when I would challenge or fight fire with fire.....everyone suddenly came out their silence to attack me.

Old 06-01-2020, 04:08 PM

11,788 posts, read 5,795,007 times
Have you bothered to look at the tables - black despite being a low percentage of the population commit a higher percent of the crimes so it is understandable that they are looked at first. It's an unfortunate situation for many of the good people out there and frustrating but they've been labeled due to the actions of a few.

No different than how people respond to pit bulls. You have a few bad ones and the whole breed is condemned and there is no changing their mind.

Old 06-01-2020, 04:22 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,842,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
If there is systemic racism and abuse by the police then why are black women by and large exempted from this abuse?
Do you have sources to support this argument?

Old 06-01-2020, 04:27 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,842,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerJAX View Post
While probably not as bad prior times, it's still a problem. Police departments need to do a much better job at weeding out the bad cops in their own ranks and effectively policing without alienating the communities that they are supposed to protect. In some departments, it may just mean some administrative mechanisms and training, while in others, a fundamental change in the department's culture and policing approach may be needed.
Absolutely. But what's essential before any of that is implemented is better pay, beginning with starting salaries. Better salaries will attract and warrant a higher caliber of recruit, which will make all the difference in the world. It seems that too many cities hire anyone for their police forces.

Old 06-01-2020, 04:36 PM

8,338 posts, read 2,965,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Have you bothered to look at the tables - black despite being a low percentage of the population commit a higher percent of the crimes so it is understandable that they are looked at first. It's an unfortunate situation for many of the good people out there and frustrating but they've been labeled due to the actions of a few.

No different than how people respond to pit bulls. You have a few bad ones and the whole breed is condemned and there is no changing their mind.
Profiling works. 90% of murderers are males. Cops are not going to treat 80 yr old blue haired ladies like they do 25 yr old males when they are going after violent suspects. Black homicide offender rates are about 6+ times that of whites. Cops should be cautious based on stats.

Once again, last I checked blacks kill cops at 4 times the rate that whites kill cops. (Isn’t that all over the MSM? :-)) Cops likely now this. Profiling works. Argue it all you like.

Last edited by Leona Valley; 06-01-2020 at 04:49 PM..

Old 06-01-2020, 05:22 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,831,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
What conditioned these two girls to think that they could break a curfew rule then refuse to comply with lawful orders from a LEO.

Blacks get abused due to their ingrained defiance and they can only expect more in the future.

https://www.10news.com/news/local-ne...ation-surfaces

From start to finish, would you talk to a cop like that? What do you expect if you do? You think he only behaves like that to cops?
It sure seems that way!

Incredibly argumentative and defiantly willing to repeat the same sentence over and over even when they are obviously wrong.

I dealt with that on a daily basis for more than 30 years. Upon retirement I moved away from them. Best decision I ever made!

Old 06-01-2020, 05:24 PM

2,949 posts, read 1,355,291 times
Do you believe there is systemic and widespread abuse against black people by America’s police?

No! I believe there absolutely is systematic and widespread abuse and gaslighting against America's law enforcement/police.

Old 06-01-2020, 05:35 PM

19,029 posts, read 14,205,095 times
It may be politically incorrect to point out that blacks commit more crimes per capita than other ethnic groups.
It's not racism, but cultural.
And isn't helped by their tendency to protect predators in their midst.
Until that changes, being suspicious of them is prudent.

Anecdote. While at a party, the hostess was telling her women guests to hide their purses and money because a certain relative was invited. He was a known thief and troublemaker. I asked why they invited him? She replied, "He's family!"
(Shrug...)

Old 06-01-2020, 06:27 PM

57,291 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post

That sounds like racial profiling. Blacks are responsible for a large amount of violent crimes but they are also discriminated against in the justice system. How can you explain that the black population is a fraction compared to white yet the arrest rate for marijuana is so much higher, are blacks more frequent users.

I don't see these completely egregious crimes like Floyd being done to white people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies