Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2020, 10:11 AM

18,451 posts, read 9,086,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
They might very well be white males.

But they are also democrats and that’s all that matters.
Democrats bombed Pearl Harbor.

Old 06-01-2020, 10:37 AM

29,059 posts, read 14,387,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
https://twitter.com/MayorJenny/statu...44230730113024

Pay attention people. This already started with the Mayor of Minneapolis. Watch this narrative ramp up in the coming week. White men are to blame. They are the bogey men to the Left. We will see more of this.

Remember, White men, you are the enemy. You will always get the blame.
Just supporting more division....

Old 06-01-2020, 10:52 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,545,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
That's not surprising given Chicago Democrats' very racist pedigree...

If you really want to know the racist history of Chicago, look no further than the Democrat Party. It was White Democrats in Chicago who insisted that Chicago's "Equity Insurance" program be implemented when it looked likely that Chicago's first Black Mayor (Dem Harold Washington) would be elected in the 1980s.

Chicago Isn't Just Segregated, It Basically Invented Modern Segregation - Chicago Magazine

VERY important to read that Chicago Magazine article. Much of the info is just simply jaw-dropping. For example, it was White Democrats who insisted in the 1980s that the City of Chicago implement "equity insurance" in case they had to sell their homes at a loss because Blacks had moved into their neighborhoods and torpedoed property values. The "equity insurance" program is still in place to this day.

The media never mentions it because the City of Chicago equity insurance program benefits White Democrat voters. They're protected from the loss of equity in their homes caused by what they've identified as "minority creep" into their lily White neighborhoods.

More background info on Chicago's "equity insurance" program:

Plan to Insure Chicago Home Value Brings Racial Rift - 1988 - NY Times Archive

1988, the inception of Chicago's "equity insurance" program was fairly recent, not pre-Civil Rights. And, as I said, the "equity insurance" program still exists to this day...

My long gone father was a member of the KKK. His participation in the Cicero Riot in 1951 ( before my time) was a perpetual source of pride for him. You may assume I am very familiar with raw hate and racism.

Parts of the city were the epicenter of block busting tactics in the 50- early 70’s.

I am also familiar with the 1988 state law that established criteria for a voluntary special taxing areas - about a dozen neighborhoods on the SW and NW sides of Chicago for purposes of equity protection. Most of these neighborhoods had At the time, substantial Eastern European immigrant populations. No question this was in reaction to the election of the city’s first black mayor. The reaction by some was similar to the reaction In some areas of the US to Obama’s election in 2008, including effigies hung from trees.

I am most familiar with the NW side neighborhoods that were among those designated for the voluntary equity insurance program. There have been only a handful of claims over the years and even fewer payouts. Interestingly enough, as the Eastern European communities aged out, some of these neighborhoods transitioned to majority Hispanic, over the decades. I believe current owners can tap into the fund for no- low interest home improvement loans.

The current Mayor of Chicago, elected last year, is female, black, gay and married to a white woman. She is also, like her or not, tough as nails. She has, in no uncertain terms, condemned the violence, property destructor and looters.

I am an Independent, partisan agnostic and as such , see the many shades of red and blue. I don’t use a broad brush to paint all Democrats and Republicans, alike, no different than races, ethnicities and religions.

Old 06-01-2020, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
You're making an equivalence between rioters causing extensive property damage in Portland and people making posts on social media? And you can't tell which one of the two is the graver threat? Let me guess: you've raised your kids to emulate Antifa and their "stick it to The Man" tactics and now you feel a need to be an apologist for their mayhem.
Lol.

I make no apologies for mayhem. Those who provoke and / or engage in violence, damage property and loot are animals, regardless of their professed rationalization.

Old 06-01-2020, 11:03 AM

Quote:
With all of the riots that are happening, sparked by the death of a Black career criminal at the hands of a White cop, you would think that more people would be open to talking about the reality of Black crime. But that's a taboo subject. We live in a time where even truthful statements can get you ex-communicated from society.
Those cops had no idea of Floyd’s criminal background.

Heck we DK if Floyd knew the $20 was counterfeit.

Old 06-01-2020, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
But she didn't say they were people that support her ideology did she? She's probably an Antifa supporter.
Lol

Old 06-01-2020, 11:08 AM

29,059 posts, read 14,387,573 times
Quote:
With all of the riots that are happening, sparked by the death of a Black career criminal at the hands of a White cop, you would think that more people would be open to talking about the reality of Black crime. But that's a taboo subject. We live in a time where even truthful statements can get you ex-communicated from society.
While Floyd's record is irrelevant in this situation, you are spot on about the percentage of crime committed by blacks. Until this can be addressed without being chastised none of the issues we see today will every go away.

Old 06-01-2020, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
More identity politics from Democrats. So typical of that party. There are people of all races rioting.

However, if we must play the identity politics game the common denominator is that they are almost all leftists/democrats.
I see animals, mostly teens and young adults, the least likely cohort to register, let alone vote for anyone or party.

Old 06-01-2020, 11:10 AM

29,993 posts, read 18,827,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
But she didn't say they were people that support her ideology did she? She's probably an Antifa supporter.
She is ANTIFA...she might just lead them with torches to burn down City Hall.

Old 06-01-2020, 11:13 AM

7,795 posts, read 6,358,051 times
If you’re white, arm yourself. Whether you’re allowed to own a weapon or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies