Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2020, 03:26 AM

5,788 posts, read 5,100,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzou88 View Post
The CCP is openly and publicly laughing at us , numerous articles coming out of Beijing mocking the U.S. for our disrest, they are taking enjoyment in our pain , they clearly do not have our best interest

I am infuriated by Beijing mocking the US for the protests and taking pleasure in them, Europe is holding peaceful protests and standing by our side, the CCP and China are mocking us.

I am whatever an average American with an extreme hate for the CCP makes me
"disrest"? yeah, whatever, falun gong FOB.

China is mocking the US just as much, or even far less, than what Trump tweets about China day in and day out. Get use to it. If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2020, 03:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzou88 View Post
I'm assuming your comment refers to Falun Gong?

You do understand that the Falun Gong are a persecuted religious group from China ,, that is completely peaceful and based on Tai Chi,, they are literally a group of people wanting to do Tai Chi peacefully in a park and the CCP persecutes them because "all religions are banned in China" and the official religion in China is "atheism"

I love it when CCP bots (not saying you are ) accuse me of being Falun Gong.

They don't realize that nobody hates Falun Gong outside of China.

We have freedom of religion in America and Falun Gong are welcome to peacefully practice Tai Chi , we don't persecute them here.

Its hilarious to me that the CCP makes Falun Gong out to be this evil group of people when they are literally a peaceful group of people doing Tai Chi. but the CCP doesn't care bc they see any religion as a direct threat to them.

I get a huge kick out of CCP bots online making a big deal about the Falun Gong,,,you couldn't find a more peaceful religion ,
they simply want to do tai chi !

Nobody hates the Falun Gong outside of brainwashed Chinese and the CCP

The CCP is a lot scarier then Falun Gong haha

I'm not saying you are , but CCP bots need to come with something stronger then , your a falun Gong,
freedom of religion is accepted in the West,, so its kinda like saying , o you hate the CCP?
you must be a buddhist, you must be a catholic, you must be Islamic,,, Who cares?!?!

theres absolutely nothing wrong with Falun Gong!!! They are welcomed to practice Tai Chi in the West!!!!

You know too much about the FG to be a regular American....stop lying. LOL

Old 06-01-2020, 03:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Falun Gong is a cult.

They have been unfairly prosecuted by China and they have every right to do whatever cult does.

But they are a cult. It's not an accident cults like FG and Mormons align themselves with right-wing Republicans. Cults are drawn to each other.

Thumbs up about 1000 times.

Old 06-01-2020, 03:36 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,638,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
People say Derek Chauvin was paid by the CCP.
Biden was the middle man, the funds went through him !!!
The bank records should show that if he will release them !!!

Old 06-01-2020, 03:50 AM

273 posts, read 96,621 times
Even if I was an American Fulong Gong member who came to America to escape persecution in China like you guys suggest

there would be nothing wrong with that

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH FULONG GONG LOL

I said it once and I'll say it again, the only people who hate Fulong Gong are people who have been brainwashed by the CCP.

did you even read the article https://www.wsj.com/articles/how-i-l...ng-11563490711 or can you not access it due to the Great Chinese firewall. ....... yeah thats probably it, WSJ is blocked in China, sorry the firewall prevents you from seeing it

In case you want to know the truth:

The business I work for was hurt by China shutting down over the virus, so I hate the CCP for that.
My life has been affected by the lock down (which i support) , so I hate the CCP for that bc I believe they intentionally spread the virus
I also have done business in Taiwan and have Taiwanese friends who have helped me see early on the corruption of the WHO, dangers of the CCP ect.

Again even if I was a Fulong Gong member there is nothing wrong with that, I like to meditate but haven't studied the Tai Chi practices of fulong gong but I'm sure they have a lot of benefits

so you all hate the fulong gong for what reason??????

and you find nothing wrong with the CCP harvesting organs from Fulong Gong members???

There a plenty of articles online about how Fulong Gong isn't a cult but you will not be able to access them due to the great firewall,

so here is an article I will copy for you because I'm sure the great firewall blocks you from accessing it

**warning the below link has a picture of someone's organ being harvested, don't click it if your squeamish, the picture was way to much for me personally, but i posted the article for those blocked by the chinese firewall if you want to read it below w/o having to see the picture
https://www.pri.org/stories/2014-07-...ars-falun-gong

Wait! What is Falun Gong anyway?

Falun Gong (also called Falun Dafa) arose out of the so-called “qigong boom” of the late '80s. Qigong is an umbrella term for a number of practices involving meditation, slow-moving exercises and regulated breathing. Qigong groups exploded during this time, attracting tens of millions of mostly urban and elderly Chinese. At one point, more than 2,000 different groups existed.

Falun Gong differed from most qigong groups in that it combined exercises with moral and spiritual teachings. Adherents aim to cultivate “truthfulness, compassion, and forbearance” and refine their “xining,” or moral character.

A person’s xining is affected by their ratio of virtue (positive energy) to karma (negative energy). Virtue is generated through doing good deeds and suffering, while karma accumulates by doing bad deeds.

Falun Gong’s spiritual leader is Li Hongzhi.

Who is Li Hongzhi and how did he become Falun Gong’s leader?

Li Hongzhi founded the movement and penned its key texts. According to Li, who has lived in the US since 1996, he came up with the central Falun Gong tenets after studying with Buddhist and Taoist masters from the age of eight. Li claims his teachings are part of a “centuries-old tradition” and distinct from other teachings of the qigong boom. According to Chinese state media, however, Li only began practicing qigong a year before he started his movement.

After a series of embarrassing interviews, including one with Time in which he talked of apocalyptic visions and warned of ghostly aliens infiltrating humankind, Li pulled back from public exposure. (He later claimed that talk of aliens and the apocalypse were meant “as metaphors of ancient Buddhist thought.”)

What kind of authority does Li exercise?

Falun Gong is unusual among spiritual movements in that it has little to no hierarchal structure. The movement has no administrators or officials, no system of membership, and no churches or physical places of worship. Spiritual and ideological authority is completely centralized in Li Hongzhi, but most practitioners have no contact with Li other than through his writings.

Though Li does not intervene in his followers’ personal lives (in stark contrast to, for example, Scientology or the Unification Church), his teachings contain injunctions against alcohol and smoking, and all sex outside of marriage is regarded as immoral. While gays and lesbians are permitted to practice Falun Gong, “homosexual conduct” generates karma and is encouraged to be avoided.

So is Falun Gong a cult, a religion, or what?

Prior to the crackdown, Falun Gong was just one of many qigong offshoots, none of which were regarded as particularly religious in nature. Speaking to GlobalPost, David Ownby, author of "Falun Fong and the Future of China," said “religion” in China “generally means the ‘big five’ religions [Buddhism, Taoism, Catholicism, Protestantism, and Islam] and conjures images of big churches, clergy and formal scriptures.”

While many Westerners may see parallels between Falun Gong — with its charismatic leader, foundational texts and focus on bodily health — and “new religious movements” which sprang up in the US in the 1960s, Ownby argues that the label “makes no sense” in the Chinese context.

Nor, says Ownby, is Falun Gong a cult. “I found that the group generally passed the smell test,” he said. “Yes, they accord a high degree of veneration to [Li Hongzhi] but he’s not around very much so the possibilities of abuse are much reduced. Yes, members are asked to contribute materially to the organization of events, but in my experience that is completely voluntary. Members keep their jobs and remain in society.”

In "Wild Grass: Three Portraits of Change in Modern China," Ian Johnson writes that the “cult” label was designed to “[cloak] the government’s crackdown with the legitimacy of the West’s anti-cult movement.” Johnson argues that Falun Gong does not satisfy common definitions of a cult: “Its members marry outside the group, have outside friends, hold normal jobs, do not live isolated from society, do not believe that the world's end is imminent and do not give significant amounts of money to the organization.”

Heather Kavan, a researcher at Massey University in New Zealand, disagrees. In an otherwise sympathetic ethnographic study of the movement, she argues that Falun Gong “could be described as a cult.”

Kavan draws a comparison between Falun Gong and Maoism, writing that “like Mao, Li has activated millions of people with his rhetoric. His ideology is similarly characterized by moral superiority, defining others as absolute evil, dehumanizing enemies by labeling them snake spirits and possessed by ghosts, extolling the virtues of selflessness and sacrifice, emphasizing the necessity of enduring physical hardship, harassing critics, and denigrating science in favor of his purportedly infallible truths.”

You keep mentioning a crackdown, what happened?

Falun Gong was founded in May 1992. Though the government initially praised Li for “promoting rectitude in society,” the tide was turning against the qigong movements, some of which had attracted tens of millions of followers. In the mid-'90s state media published a raft of articles attacking qigong, including Falun Gong, as dangerous “feudal superstition.”

Falun Gong practitioners were incensed by the criticism and began staging protests and writing to newspapers to complain. When a Beijing TV talk show guest attacked Falun Gong on air, the group was successful in getting the station to sack the producer responsible for the segment and air a pro-Falun Gong film several days later.

This relative tolerance did not last long, however. When Falun Gong practitioners protested outside the offices of a Tianjin newspaper in April 1999, 300 riot police arrived to break up the demonstration and 45 people were arrested.

It was at this point that the group made perhaps the most ill-judged move in the history of peaceful protest.

On April 25, more than 10,000 practitioners gathered near the Zhongnanhai government compound in Beijing to demand an end to official harassment.

Then-party general secretary Jiang Zemin was reportedly enraged by the audacity and scale of the protest — the largest since the Tiananmen Square demonstrations of 1989 — and demanded the movement be “defeated.”

So how exactly did Beijing approach defeating Falun Gong?

On July 20, 1999, security forces swooped, detaining several thousand leading Falun Gong practitioners. Days later the group was made illegal for “advocating superstition, spreading fallacies, hoodwinking people, inciting and creating disturbances, and jeopardizing social stability.”

Since the crackdown began, hundreds of thousands of practitioners have been arrested and detained. Researcher Ethan Gutmann estimated that at least 15 percent of the population incarcerated in labor camps for the purpose of “re-education” is made up of Falun Gong practitioners. These findings are supported by the US State Department. According to human rights groups, detainees have been subjected to forced labor, torture, arbitrary execution and organ harvesting. In 2009, The New York Times reported that “at least 2,000” people had been killed since the crackdown began.

A concerted propaganda campaign was also launched to cast the movement as an “evil cult.” In the first month, almost 400 articles were published in state media attacking Falun Gong. This campaign reached another level when five alleged Falun Gong practitioners set themselves on fire at Tiananmen Square on Jan. 23, 2001. Two of them died.

The self-immolation event saw the propaganda campaign gain serious traction with the general public, which had previously been largely ambivalent and even sympathetic toward Falun Gong. However, Western media, including CNN and the Washington Post, raised doubts about the state’s account of the incident. The Falun Dafa Information Center claimed that the self immolation was “a cruel (but clever) piece of stunt work,” pointing out that suicide was against the movement’s teachings and that the meditation stances the protesters adopted before they set themselves on fire were performed incorrectly.

So the government won?

Kind of. Falun Gong does not exist as an organized movement in mainland China, and the numbers of people practicing it there (underground) have dropped massively.

However, in a piece of dark irony, the government’s campaign against Falun Gong — likened by social scientist Steven Mosher, in a letter to the Wall Street Journal, to a counter-terrorism operation against “exercising grannies” — has created exactly what it feared.

The early Falun Gong protests were “arguably the most sustained challenge to authority in 50 years of communist rule.” Since then, the group has emerged as one of the most strident critics and opponents of the Chinese government.

Based overseas, Falun Gong-linked media such as the Epoch Times and New Tang Dynasty TV regularly publish anti-communist reports. Falun Gong in Hong Kong have built strong links with pro-democracy groups, and hold regular demonstrations outside the Chinese liaison office (the CCP’s base in the semi-autonomous city) as well as taking part in the Tiananmen Square massacre memorials and the city’s regular July 1 pro-democracy march.

The group also has a significant presence in Taiwan, where it campaigns against integration with the mainland. Freegate, Falun Gong software partly funded by the US government, is one of the most popular tools for circumventing internet censorship in China. In late 2009, courts in Spain and Argentina indicted Jiang Zemin and other former Chinese officials on charges of genocide and crimes against humanity based on lawsuits and decades of campaigning by Falun Gong practitioners.

“Because of the campaign of suppression [Falun Gong] wound up becoming explicitly political,” said Ownby. “Continued [People's Republic of China] efforts to suppress serve only to spur Falun Gong to continue their own efforts. To my mind, a wiser strategy for the PRC would be to ignore Falun Gong, but the regime has never been able to adopt a tolerant attitude toward dissent of any kind.”

Last edited by mizzou88; 06-01-2020 at 04:05 AM..

Old 06-01-2020, 04:05 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,388,456 times
The DNC is the REAL cult of contaminated demoralized subverted communist LOSERS!

Old 06-01-2020, 04:16 AM

25,685 posts, read 12,765,268 times
I agree with mizzou88. The CCP is the enemy, not fellow Americans.

The CCP can mock us all they want, Black Americans are free to protest all they want (not break laws, but protest), and in China they would all be killed for it. In America, we have freedom, and we are exercising those freedoms at this time.

I support our Black protesters, and hope the Democrat controlled cities can fix their problems of inner city policing soon.

Old 06-01-2020, 04:20 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,226,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
The DNC is the REAL cult of contaminated demoralized subverted communist LOSERS!
The Democrats' philosophy of open mindedness, diversity, culture, education, facts, and science make them about as far from a cult as one can get.

Cult is all about being exclusive, non-facts, and close minded. They tell you everyone else is wrong and they are the only one who holds the truth. Exactly what the GOP has been preaching.

Old 06-01-2020, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
I agree with mizzou88. The CCP is the enemy, not fellow Americans.

The CCP can mock us all they want, Black Americans are free to protest all they want (not break laws, but protest), and in China they would all be killed for it. In America, we have freedom, and we are exercising those freedoms at this time.

I support our Black protesters, and hope the Democrat controlled cities can fix their problems of inner city policing soon.
Chinese never enslaved black folks from Africa so your argument about them being killed in China for protesting is......well moot. Lol

Trump cultists and Falun Gong cultists share lots of common trait, and they both hate China for their own reasons. The trump cultists are desperate to blame China to shirk trumps horrific responsibility for the 100000 death in the US covid pandemic. The FG cultist just want revenge for the death of their master Li from covid. LOL.

Old 06-01-2020, 04:41 AM

68,326 posts, read 54,344,425 times
Time to unite America and Stop all business with the CCP immediately

Highly unlikely as long as the many businesses making huge profits selling Chinese made goods own as many politicians as they do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies